Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Maitland Archery will continue to produce bows, but.........

Before the whining continues, let's get one thing straight. Rob Maitland burned us, not Tribe Archery. Why should Tribe feel obligated to offer replacement parts at their cost on behalf of Rob's mismanagement (They bought the designs not the company)? Maitland owners should be grateful that there are replacements available now, and gladly pay full price for them (a week ago there were none).

We as consumers took a gamble on a small company and lost...Maitland Archery is gone. That leaves two choices....cut your losses as I did (parted out two bows) or pull your wallet out and buy replacement parts.
    As long as there is carbon in the air there is hope!

I hope Tribe continues to be successful forever. I am just stating that good service to past Maitland consumers would be a great step in customer relations. Look at the great guy Dennis at Obsession archery. He got a great design but it was riddled with the previous owners/builders shortfalls. Dennis came through for all concerned and still has great bows and a great reputation. Dennis is there to help all. I am hoping Tribe uses the same business model.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser View Post
    Before the whining continues, let's get one thing straight. Rob Maitland burned us, not Tribe Archery. Why should Tribe feel obligated to offer replacement parts at their cost on behalf of Rob's mismanagement (They bought the designs not the company)? Maitland owners should be grateful that there are replacements available now, and gladly pay full price for them (a week ago there were none).

We as consumers took a gamble on a small company and lost...Maitland Archery is gone. That leaves two choices....cut your losses as I did (parted out two bows) or pull your wallet out and buy replacement parts.
    Very well Said!!

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    I hope Tribe continues to be successful forever. I am just stating that good service to past Maitland consumers would be a great step in customer relations. Look at the great guy Dennis at Obsession archery. He got a great design but it was riddled with the previous owners/builders shortfalls. Dennis came through for all concerned and still has great bows and a great reputation. Dennis is there to help all. I am hoping Tribe uses the same business model.
    You might want to check your facts on that one. Dennis did nothing for the owners of the K&K bows. He would not sell them cams, he did not give anyone cams, he did not get anyone's bows back from Kevin that were sent in for retrofit cams and he didn't give/get anyone's money back that was payment for retrofit cams. All the while he hired Kevin to design bows for him and now both seem to be doing really well but many of the previous owners of K&K product got burned by taking a chance on a small company just like Maitland. While it would be nice for Tribe to try and do something for previous owners it certainly isn't required of them to do so.

Ummm.. you're way off. Dennis was not allowed by his license agreement with Rex to sell any cams apart from a complete bow. All he did was buy some designs from Kevin and then hire him to design bows. Richard Batdorff designed and sold some binary cams under his own patent for K&K owners. I never did hear whether the cams were any good or not.
    Maitland Retribution VTR 27", 68#
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester arrows .350 spine, RFA RazorHawk broadheads, Onestringer wraps.
    Scott Archery Silverhorn release, Trophy Ridge Micro-Hitman 5 sight

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!

Maitland Archery will continue to produce bows, but.........

Well I have watched and watched.

I'm tired so I'm going to speak. I didn't get harmed so I'm not gonna act.

The bunch of you that got harmed could file a class action lawsuit against Maitland, Robert Maitland and allege breach of warranty, breach of contract and fraud.

He sold across state lines so you can file in Federal Court.

Someone just needs to take the lead.

Rob got paid and left everyone hanging. Payback is ...

Maitland will likely respond by claiming the limb manufacture refused to warranty but Maitlands lawyer will enjoin the limb manufacturer as a 3rd party respondent.

My guess is that there would be a very quick settlement. You guys only want limbs so ... Limbs are cheaper than checks.

My Maitland Avatar is done. I should have deleted it a long time ago when Jen gave me the run around.
    2012 Maitland Halo 28/60
    2012 Bowtech Insanity APG

WOW... I am pretty sure Maitland was an LLC or INC, and Rob's not responsible for anything after the company is gone. Since that is behind us, think about it. HE MADE A GREAT PRODUCT! Most of us that were on his staff got our bows at cost or just above. Where else were you going to get a top of the line designed target bow like the X Factor or Session Pro for $500? Or a top of the line hunting rig as many of you signed up for at $400? Or whatever he charged the hunting staff. Does it really matter, he did everything with good faith. He did not set out to fail, nor did he set out to screw anybody. Do you think he got rich and ran off with the cash? LOL He got sued over a BS patent on a name for a freaking longbow. That was the last straw I am assuming. Not defending him but I do not think he did anything with malice. Rob designed some great bows, he just needed someone to handle the business end for him and that's why he failed.

There will be replacement parts, thanks to Tribe Archery who seems to have more of a business plan. I hope to see what they do with the Session Pro and the X Factor. Both are great bows that rival anything on the market. I'll hang up my Hoyt PCE when and if the new ones hit the market.
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

And what about people who bought Matiland products without being on its staff?. Rob is guilty of a bad product ... and that's all!
    We're lucky that tribe will sell us spare parts in the future, but it's better not to mention Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by juanjo_vcia View Post
    And what about people who bought Matiland products without being on its staff?. Rob is guilty of a bad product ... and that's all!
    We're lucky that tribe will sell us spare parts in the future, but it's better not to mention Rob.
    I bought my Retribution VTR straight from Rob with no staff discount, and it is worth every penny I spent. I have had no problems at all. If the limb issue is with more than just the Kinetic, then it is most likely not a design issue. It could very easily be a bad batch of limbs, which is out of Rob's control. Were limbs having issues before Rob made the move to sell? If so, then he should gave dealt with it before selling.

As it is now, he's out of the loop, his LLC is no more, and Tribe is under no obligation to honor the old warranty (would be very stand-up if they do, though). As it is now, I have a bow with no warranty, but I took that risk when I chose to go with a small start-up maker. I will shoot my Retty until is has issues and then move on.
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester arrows .350 spine, RFA RazorHawk broadheads, Onestringer wraps.

If you guys think that his LLC or S Corp being no more stops liability your dead wrong.

The limb issues came from the 3rd party supplier. Maitland issued a warranty.

I guaranty any lawyer worth their salt could pierce the corporation of Maitland or get personal liability on Rob.

Regardless the issue is the limbs. To get the limb manufacture to cover the limbs Maitland needs to invoke the warranty they were given.

Once sued Maitlands lawyer will enjoin the limb manufacture.

People will get new limbs or cash for new limbs.

Regardless of what you pay for an item you have the legal right to expect it to work. You also shouldn't get jerked around for months in some cases over a year to find out that the company that made promises is now sold and you will have to pay for your repair parts.

It's very lucky I have no defective products. I would have sued along time ago.

Rob and Jen showed no " good faith ". It's well documented that most people with issues got blown off. That is willful. A judge can determine if it's anything more.
    2012 Maitland Halo 28/60

I should keep my mouth shut, but I can't help it

Regardless of Jen and Rob's "good faith" or lack thereof, my XFactor is the best bow I've ever shot, has no defects and I would like to have another.
    If hphunter is a lawyer, I recommend that he file a class action suit along with other damaged owners. If not a lawyer, he should do as he suggested previously and "take the lead". retain a lawyer and put his money where his mouth is.
    Otherwise, since "It's very lucky I have no defective products", I would suggest that he doesn't have a Dog in the Hunt and is merely stirring the pot.

I'm sure I'll be "flamed", but so be it.

I agree with this statement and several others on here. I have a Kinetic and have no problems with it at all! We all take a risk when buying into a smaller company. I do it because I like the smaller companies and think its fun not having one of the mainstream bows. I hope that Tribe Archery does a great job and gets these bows out as I really wanted a Session. I don't feel that tribe archery owes me a thing but do hope they make replacement parts just in case I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanford View Post

Regardless of Jen and Rob's "good faith" or lack thereof, my XFactor is the best bow I've ever shot, has no defects and I would like to have another.
    If hphunter is a lawyer, I recommend that he file a class action suit along with other damaged owners. If not a lawyer, he should do as he suggested previously and "take the lead". retain a lawyer and put his money where his mouth is.
    Otherwise, since "It's very lucky I have no defective products", I would suggest that he doesn't have a Dog in the Hunt and is merely stirring the pot.

First off most class actions are brought on a contingency fee basis. No need to put any money up front. It's a personal injury claim.

I'm not a lawyer however I ran a private equity firm when I was a kid 20 years ago.

I'm an expert witness is certain sections of federal code and hired lawyers in 38 states.

If you think it's right that all these guys and gals got the shaft ....

Am I stirring the pot or letting people that may be unaware of their rights be aware? I have no dog in this hunt. I just don't like see people taking it.
    2012 Maitland Halo 28/60

Quote Originally Posted by jsanford View Post

I am with you. Best bow I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. My XFactor is well over a year old, shot tons and still like new. I had 2 X Factors, mad a mistake and sold one and also a Zeus (which I shot for 3 years), not a problem with any of them. Look forward to seeing what Tribe Archery does with the X Factor and the Session Pro.
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

Quote Originally Posted by rsarns View Post
    I am with you. Best bow I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. My XFactor is well over a year old, shot tons and still like new. I had 2 X Factors, mad a mistake and sold one and also a Zeus (which I shot for 3 years), not a problem with any of them. Look forward to seeing what Tribe Archery does with the X Factor and the Session Pro.
    My Retribution is the best bow I've ever owned. I shoot my BT Experience quite a bit and it's close to the Retri. but the Retri. still has the edge
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

My halo extreme may be the best bow I've ever shot, but I couldn't tell you as I have never drawn the bow. Now I wait til 2015 to see how much replacement parts are for it.
    ArcheryShack Field Staff http://www.archeryshackstrings.com
    IQ Bowsight Pro Staff
    2013 Athens Afflixtion
    08 Mathews Drenalin
    PSE Gamesport- Old but still shoots straight

for those of you not concerned with a warranty, I am a shop owner and still have 3 Maitlands that I can not sell because no one wants to pay the money for a bow with out a warranty!! I have an Orange Raptor 3D and an Orange Session Pro that I would sell for $800.00 each and a Kentics (with a splintered limb) that I will have to sell for a used bow after I get new limbs for it and take a big loss on it. so I do have bad feelings on how this went down, If Rob would have given his dealers a heads up we could have liquidated our stock before this all happened
    ben pearson archery
    victory archery
    pete_archery
    812-512-2987

Quote Originally Posted by peter rogers View Post
    for those of you not concerned with a warranty, I am a shop owner and still have 3 Maitlands that I can not sell because no one wants to pay the money for a bow with out a warranty!! I have an Orange Raptor 3D and an Orange Session Pro that I would sell for $800.00 each and a Kentics (with a splintered limb) that I will have to sell for a used bow after I get new limbs for it and take a big loss on it. so I do have bad feelings on how this went down, If Rob would have given his dealers a heads up we could have liquidated our stock before this all happened
    Any left-handed?

Quote Originally Posted by roosclan View Post
    Any left-handed?
    sorry no leftys
    ben pearson archery
    victory archery
    pete_archery
    812-512-2987

Quote Originally Posted by peter rogers View Post
    Any 50# ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Any 50# ?
    all 50-60# I had the Session down to 45#

ben pearson archery
    victory archery
    pete_archery
    812-512-2987

After talking to a gent from Tribe....I am impressed. They really are going to resurrect Maitland and try to make it better. We really could not ask for more and I for one will give praise where praise is due. WELL DONE TRIBE!! We will support you!

After talking to a gent from Tribe....I am impressed. They really are going to resurrect Maitland and try to make it better. We really could not ask for more and I for one will give praise where praise is due. WELL DONE TRIBE!! We will support you!
    I can't agree more. Very personable guys over there. Hope the name takes off for them in the compound side if things.
    2013 Bowtech Experience, Copper John Mk 3 w/dovetail, TT Smackdown Pro, 7'' octane stab

Anyone have any leftover mods by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Delcomatt View Post
    Anyone have any leftover mods by any chance?
    Mods are available on the Tribe Archery website http://www.tribearchery.com/gear

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast