Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maitland Archery will continue to produce bows, but.........

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I sure hope Mathews didn't buy them.....that would keep me from owning any new maitlands.

If that is the case, I'm buying every K6 that goes in the classifies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith t View Post
    Even if they did, I'd like to get a Kinetic 7 and call it good.
    Unfortunately, there are no left-handed Kinetic bows to buy. I would love to have a Kinetic 6, especially since folks were getting them to shoot over IBO. I guess I can look at Obsession or New Breed, but I'd rather stick with Maitland. Mathews buying them means that Maitlands will have draws that are too long and overstated IBO numbers...

Maitland Retribution VTR 27", 68#
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester arrows .350 spine, RFA RazorHawk broadheads, Onestringer wraps.
    Scott Archery Silverhorn release, Trophy Ridge Micro-Hitman 5 sight

I liked the Maitland that I shot. Would be a win/win if Mathews bought them.
    Eric Frein is a gutless coward

Quote Originally Posted by roosclan View Post
    Unfortunately, there are no left-handed Kinetic bows to buy. I would love to have a Kinetic 6, especially since folks were getting them to shoot over IBO. I guess I can look at Obsession or New Breed, but I'd rather stick with Maitland. Mathews buying them means that Maitlands will have draws that are too long and overstated IBO numbers...
    Trust me, I know all too well that there are no left hand K7's avail.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!
    If Mathews bought Maitland it's to close the doors and hire Rob as a designer. Mathews doesn't need another brand.
    2012 Maitland Halo 28/60
    2012 Bowtech Insanity APG

Quote Originally Posted by hphunter View Post
    If Mathews bought Maitland it's to close the doors and hire Rob as a designer. Mathews doesn't need strong competition.
    Fixed.
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester arrows .350 spine, RFA RazorHawk broadheads, Onestringer wraps.

Mathews could do with some decent target bows to replace their aging lineup. If Mathew's have bought Maitland I'd expect them to keep the Session Pro, Raptor 3D and Xfactor and possibly the Kinetic. I can't see them keeping the Halo as they've already got plenty of hunting bows. Hope they haven't though as I wouldn't want them ruining Robs designs by trying to improve on them. Already cringing at the thought of a Session Pro with their ugly gridlock riser design!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by void3000 View Post
    Mathews could do with some decent target bows to replace their aging lineup. If Mathew's have bought Maitland I'd expect them to keep the Session Pro, Raptor 3D and Xfactor and possibly the Kinetic. I can't see them keeping the Halo as they've already got plenty of hunting bows. Hope they haven't though as I wouldn't want them ruining Robs designs by trying to improve on them. Already cringing at the thought of a Session Pro with their ugly gridlock riser design!!!!
    Not to mention turning it into a 28" a2a target bow.
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

They would put those stupid harmonic douchenators all over it....

Let's face it, Mathews is way too egotistical to have anyone's name on their bows but their own...

Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    they would put those stupid harmonic douchenators all over it...
    lol!!! maybe they will offer it in new colors, strawberry and summers eve.
    BMB Custom Strings
    Kwik Shooter - Precision Archery Tuning Equipment

MAthews was promoting that they had new target bows coming out...... Now we know.
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

Awful lot of speculation going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by rsarns View Post
    MAthews was promoting that they had new target bows coming out...... Now we know.
    No, we don't know. We suppose/think/suspect/wonder/etc., but we don't know until Rob or Mathews makes an official announcement -- and don't count on Mathews making one. "Hey, we promised new target bows, so we bought out Maitland USA because we can't design target bows as well as Rob Maitland."

Personally, I would love to see Rob collaborate with Obsession so they can get away from using Kevin Strother.

Personally, I would love to see Rob collaborate with Obsession so they can get away from using Kevin Strother.
    That's not gonna happen. There are other rumors going around about KS and OB. Sounds like he will be there for quite awhile.
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em- Sees No Deer
    SPIKEPRESS-http://www.archerytooling.com

Quote Originally Posted by NoDeerInIowa View Post
    That's not gonna happen. There are other rumors going around about KS and OB. Sounds like he will be there for quite awhile.
    We'll lets just hope and pray they don't allow him to make any business decisions lol.. Heck of a designer,but not the most business savy..
    2013 bowtech destroyer 350 LE
    2012 hca x11 speed pro
    2012 strothers sx rush
    2013 Strother moxie
    ---H&A custom strings-->

Quote Originally Posted by NoDeerInIowa View Post
    It seems that Kevin STROTHER is now working with XPEDITION ARCHERY...

Quote Originally Posted by chris13310 View Post
    He has been for two years now
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em- Sees No Deer
    SPIKEPRESS-http://www.archerytooling.com

I don't like the new rumor of ks.

As for the Mathews speculation, some of you guys are worse than the old lady's who gather at the local breakfast house, lol.

I like rooseclans idea. That would be awesome.
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by chris13310 View Post
    This is his second year. He had his hands in Obsession, Stevens Archery, and Xpedition last year (notice how the 2013 Stevens and Xpedition bows were basically identical? XPedition admitted KS designed the bow, and Stevens said he didn't -- even though the bows were identical), and this year gave the same riser design (save a change in cutouts here and there) to both Obsession and Xpedition. The OB Evolution and the XPedition Xcentric are the same bow, with one having binary cams and one having hybrid cams. Rather lowdown of KS to do that, if you ask me...

I don't see Rob doing the same thing. He has more class than KS. Whether Rob sells his designs or is retained as a designer, I doubt we'll see the same riser designs coming from two different competitors.

This is his second year. He had his hands in Obsession, Stevens Archery, and Xpedition last year (notice how the 2013 Stevens and Xpedition bows were basically identical? XPedition admitted KS designed the bow, and Stevens said he didn't -- even though the bows were identical), and this year gave the same riser design (save a change in cutouts here and there) to both Obsession and Xpedition. The OB Evolution and the XPedition Xcentric are the same bow, with one having binary cams and one having hybrid cams. Rather lowdown of KS to do that, if you ask me...

I don't see Rob doing the same thing. He has more class than KS. Whether Rob sells his designs or is retained as a designer, I doubt we'll see the same riser designs coming from two different competitors.
    Xpedition and Obsession are both thrilled with their 2014 line ups? It was agreed upon by the companies that the bows were unique enough prior to their release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Only View Post
    Xpedition and Obsession are both thrilled with their 2014 line ups? It was agreed upon by the companies that the bows were unique enough prior to their release.
    If Dennis is fine with it, then OK... just seems like he's hurting himself by doing that.

I myself like the idea of it being Mathews, as long as Rob is still designing the Matiland lineup. Just hate to see someone else take it over and not keep refining such great bows.
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

as long as Rob is still designing the Matiland lineup
    Second that. If Rob doesn't continue designing and innovating it won't be the same. If the sale allows someone else to control the manufacturing process, customer service, marketing etc., and Rob designs the bows, it will be a win for everyone. I hope Rob wants to stay involved.

Gentlemen, treasure the Maitlands you have, for who knows what the future will bring!
    2012 Maitland Zeus
    2012 Maitland Session
    2013 Maitland Raptor
    DS Advantage sights and rests, Carbon Express arrows, Carter releases

Quote Originally Posted by 100monkeys View Post
    Gentlemen, treasure the Maitlands you have, for who knows what the future will bring!
    Be afraid,be very afraid lol... All this Mathews talk has me seriously afraid for what's in store with the Maitland lineup.. I've shot my best scores ever with a Maitland in my hand,and that for me is a history that I highly doubt can be continued if Mathews takes over the designing..not to mention you can be certain there will be a huge price jump! I also don't see that Mathews taking over would be any better on the customer service end either..
    2013 bowtech destroyer 350 LE
    2012 hca x11 speed pro
    2012 strothers sx rush
    2013 Strother moxie
    ---H&A custom strings-->

Quote Originally Posted by bucks/bulls View Post
    Be afraid,be very afraid lol... All this Mathews talk has me seriously afraid for what's in store with the Maitland lineup.. I've shot my best scores ever with a Maitland in my hand,and that for me is a history that I highly doubt can be continued if Mathews takes over the designing..not to mention you can be certain there will be a huge price jump! I also don't see that Mathews taking over would be any better on the customer service end either..
    Ive known 3 shop owners that have the Mathews line and NONE of them ever complained about support from Mathews or a inability to get parts, or Mathews not standing by their product.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast