Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maitland Archery will continue to produce bows, but.........

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Ive known 3 shop owners that have the Mathews line and NONE of them ever complained about support from Mathews or a inability to get parts, or Mathews not standing by their product.
    Well that's great for them... Not that they'd tell you the gods honest truth when it comes to a situation like that... But the way I see things,since I own my own shop,is why should I become a dealer just to get service?i work on Mathews bows almost dailly and it's a raging pita for me to get parts since I'm not a dealer for them...I can call pse,Hoyt,Martin,hca,Strothers, etc any time and order any part I need..that's service! To be readily available to your customers and not just your dealers.. Besides that,if your a DIY kinda tuner then your screwed and you have to pay someone else to work on your rig just to get the new parts you need..not the greatest service IMHO from a consumers pov,and I'm sure the shop owners are loving it since you have no choice but to go thru them..

2013 bowtech destroyer 350 LE
    2012 hca x11 speed pro
    2012 strothers sx rush
    2013 Strother moxie
    ---H&A custom strings-->

Who knows, but the buyer would be wise to announce something....soon!
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by roosclan View Post
    This is his second year. He had his hands in Obsession, Stevens Archery, and Xpedition last year (notice how the 2013 Stevens and Xpedition bows were basically identical? XPedition admitted KS designed the bow, and Stevens said he didn't -- even though the bows were identical), and this year gave the same riser design (save a change in cutouts here and there) to both Obsession and Xpedition. The OB Evolution and the XPedition Xcentric are the same bow, with one having binary cams and one having hybrid cams. Rather lowdown of KS to do that, if you ask me...

I don't see Rob doing the same thing. He has more class than KS. Whether Rob sells his designs or is retained as a designer, I doubt we'll see the same riser designs coming from two different competitors.
    He has not duped people out of money yet BUT I am not so sure that he has more class than KS. To state that he has more class, that is a mightly bold assumption. Have you never noticed the arrogant posts to other archers on here, refusal to accept responsibility for problems that arise, holding warranty parts ransom for people posting communication problems on AT and general "i do not care" attitude? Sure, I may be jaded or biased, due to the fact I purchased one of his bows used (his term was "molested") and was on the receiving end of his poor attitude but go back and read his posts before you start evaluating his "class" as compared to KS. He has demonstrated a poor attitude on many occasions. His riser design was innovative, that is it (strangely enough Bowtech done the same thing at around the same time). His bows shot good and had little vibration on the shot, I will not take that from him. The cam machining finish left a lot to be desired, sharp edges and very noticable tool marks. I do not mean this to be a dig on him, but I do not see the designing genius that everyone is talking about concerning maitland. McPherson patented the riser already, what does he/Mathews need him for?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Burnt View Post
    He has not duped people out of money yet BUT I am not so sure that he has more class than KS. To state that he has more class, that is a mightly bold assumption. Have you never noticed the arrogant posts to other archers on here, refusal to accept responsibility for problems that arise, holding warranty parts ransom for people posting communication problems on AT and general "i do not care" attitude? Sure, I may be jaded or biased, due to the fact I purchased one of his bows used (his term was "molested") and was on the receiving end of his poor attitude but go back and read his posts before you start evaluating his "class" as compared to KS. He has demonstrated a poor attitude on many occasions. His riser design was innovative, that is it (strangely enough Bowtech done the same thing at around the same time). His bows shot good and had little vibration on the shot, I will not take that from him. The cam machining finish left a lot to be desired, sharp edges and very noticable tool marks. I do not mean this to be a dig on him, but I do not see the designing genius that everyone is talking about concerning maitland. McPherson patented the riser already, what does he/Mathews need him for?
    After reading his and Jenn's posts, I have to agree with you. I wish him and his family the best in the future, but he demonstrated a terrible attitude.

Any word? Rob?
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

I have heard rumors that OK archery is one of the company's that is looking at Maitland.
    ben pearson archery
    victory archery
    pete_archery
    812-512-2987

That would be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter rogers View Post
    I have heard rumors that OK archery is one of the company's that is looking at Maitland.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    That would be interesting.
    Be interesting if we see ok prices or maitland prices.
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

I herd that Martin is buying ok archery and maitland and alpine archery and to sweatin the deal they are going to buy oklahoma thunder and bring the sonics back to Seattle!

Jk...

Funny stuff there Wyatt.

Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by peter rogers View Post

I think Rob already sold the company, so I don't know if they would be looking. OK very well could have been the buyer considering the licensing.deal they had for his limb / no pockets design. I still believe he made some of the best bows I've shot & was truly hoping to shoot for him again this year. We shall see if anyone announces the purchase or simply incorporates the technology into the new bows for 2015....it will be obvious @ the ATA who currently owns them, so why not simply announce now & get some good will & former staff members to promote the "New" Maitland?
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by 100monkeys View Post
    Gentlemen, treasure the Maitlands you have, for who knows what the future will bring!
    Looking back, I do have regrets about trading mine. I may look to grab another one soon. If the company comes back, in some form or fashion, I will snatch one up immediately.
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
    I think Rob already sold the company, so I don't know if they would be looking. OK very well could have been the buyer considering the licensing.deal they had for his limb / no pockets design. I still believe he made some of the best bows I've shot & was truly hoping to shoot for him again this year. We shall see if anyone announces the purchase or simply incorporates the technology into the new bows for 2015....it will be obvious @ the ATA who currently owns them, so why not simply announce now & get some good will & former staff members to promote the "New" Maitland?
    Agreed here
    DEAD CENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF
    BLUFF COUNTRY BOWSTRINGS PROSTAFF

Spot Hogg Sights, Dead Center Stabs, Black Eagle Arrows, BCB Strings

I have had a few maitlands. Just picked up another one. I haven't let all this hinder my opinion on their bows. Every one has been a dream to shoot. Just got my raptor today in the mail. I can also understand all the frustrations and troubles people have been having. If I had the money I'd buy every one I could, just to stockpile parts if I needed to lol. Hope all the best in the future for maitland. I shoot their bows better than any other bow I've owned.
    Elite GTO
    Maitland Raptor 3D
    Maitland Zeus
    "Just Shut It and Shoot Your Bow!"

sure would like to find another left hand x-factor. Great fingers bow!
    Lern

Quote Originally Posted by MoNsTeR_7 View Post
    I have had a few maitlands. Just picked up another one. I haven't let all this hinder my opinion on their bows. Every one has been a dream to shoot. Just got my raptor today in the mail. I can also understand all the frustrations and troubles people have been having. If I had the money I'd buy every one I could, just to stockpile parts if I needed to lol. Hope all the best in the future for maitland. I shoot their bows better than any other bow I've owned.
    I have a Raptor and a K6..also just traded for a session pro that I hope to see real soon
    ben pearson archery
    victory archery
    pete_archery
    812-512-2987

Anyone been able to get hold of Rob or Jenn yet? Even tried faxing them, but keep getting "Your fax to Robert Maitland at 7753591510 has failed due to fax machine or phone line problems on the receiving end. Call the phone number and make sure it works.", when I tried to contact him via Faxzero and numbers have been ringing out. If anyone'still got some bows in stock and doesn't mind shipping to the United Kingdom please p.m. me

He sold the company. Waiting to hear, officially, who bought them.
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

I thought so. All of the contact numbers on the website are now out of service and no replies to emails or Facebook messages. I thought they'd at least stick up something on the website to let everyone know they're not taking orders just now . Hope the buyer posts something soon, but at least they've kept the website going which may be a good sign. Still looking for a Kinetic or Raptor 3D if anyone's got a 50-60lbs bow for sale in black or target colours who'll ship to the UK let me know. I've been looking for one for a few months, but nothing coming up in the UK or Europe as everyone's holding on to them because they're such good bows. Hope the new buyer keeps most of the range or doesn't try to alter the designs too much if they bring out a new lineup.

Someone has to know something by now?

There's at least one, and he's not talking
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

I'm tellin ya Ren, it has something to do with the Sonics!

Wyatt,
    It is an alien abduction.....

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast