Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maitland Archery will continue to produce bows, but.........

I have to say after the way this was handled an them still trying to get staff shooters only months ago knowing this was going to happen , not to mention the lack of customer service and down right talking down to some people on this forum , I will never give a dime to maitland or a company affiliated with them .. Just rubs me the wrong way kinda like the KS incidents

PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

I hear ya but if I find a 2012 Zeus G3 for the right price I don't know if I'll be able to pass it up I liked that bow that much. That being said if what I heard (rumor mill of course) is true and everyone thinks along the lines you do then another quality driven company is going to lose some potential customers not that they had a ton of buyers for their products already.

Quote Originally Posted by bambikiller View Post
    I have to say after the way this was handled an them still trying to get staff shooters only months ago knowing this was going to happen , not to mention the lack of customer service and down right talking down to some people on this forum , I will never give a dime to maitland or a company affiliated with them .. Just rubs me the wrong way kinda like the KS incidents
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, Copper John Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods, PSE X Weave Pro 300
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

Quote Originally Posted by Bnbfishin View Post
    I hear ya but if I find a 2012 Zeus G3 for the right price I don't know if I'll be able to pass it up I liked that bow that much. That being said if what I heard (rumor mill of course) is true and everyone thinks along the lines you do then another quality driven company is going to lose some potential customers not that they had a ton of buyers for their products already.
    Martin??? Well they should have gave people a heads up instead of a cold shoulder and no customer service .. Seriously a lot of people left in limbo here .. That's not excuse able
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

This bold section can NOT be emphasized enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by bambikiller View Post
    Martin??? Well they should have gave people a heads up instead of a cold shoulder and no customer service .. Seriously a lot of people left in limbo here .. That's not excuse able
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, Copper John Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods, PSE X Weave Pro 300
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think exactly like Bambikiller on this issue.

Go a zeus G3 50# er up for grabs but it's in the UK so probably a no go for you
    Unlimited Compound: IFAA/EFAA: (3D/Animal/Field/5 Spot), NFAS: (3D/Animal), Archery GB (FITA)
    The Archery Company
    Dean Layton-James - Just a lowly UK Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DLJ View Post
    Go a zeus G3 50# er up for grabs but it's in the UK so probably a no go for you
    Can you check to see how much to ship to 52405?
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em- Sees No Deer
    SPIKEPRESS-http://www.archerytooling.com

Quote Originally Posted by NoDeerInIowa View Post
    Can you check to see how much to ship to 52405?
    As suspected it'd be very expensive

I'm really looking at £400 for the bow but even at £350.00 plus £97 ups shipping were looking at nearly $750 ((
    Unlimited Compound: IFAA/EFAA: (3D/Animal/Field/5 Spot), NFAS: (3D/Animal), Archery GB (FITA)
    The Archery Company

750 Used ones in the classifieds here go for almost 2/3 of that. Good luck selling it over there. I would say either hang it on the wall or be prepared to not get much of a return on it. fwiw if it was half that I'd be interested. I don't really NEED one but at less than 400 I'd be really tempted.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLJ View Post
    As suspected it'd be very expensive

I'm really looking at £400 for the bow but even at £350.00 plus £97 ups shipping were looking at nearly $750 ((

750 Used ones in the classifieds here go for almost 2/3 of that. Good luck selling it over there. I would say either hang it on the wall or be prepared to not get much of a return on it. fwiw if it was half that I'd be interested. I don't really NEED one but at less than 400 I'd be really tempted.
    downside of a strong UK £ against the $ and the dealers having to import in to the UK

i should be able to get £350 ($580) to £400 ($660) over here (£825/$1375 new)

thanks for the interest though
    The Archery Company

Anybody heard anything? No answers from email, phone, brain waves.....

Got a k6 up for grabs if anybody wants it. It has two sets of brand new string to go along with it. Pm me if interested.
    2013 Bowtech Experience, Copper John Mk 3 w/dovetail, TT Smackdown Pro, 7'' octane stab

Surely somebody must know what's going on ? My Session and Zeus are the best shooting bows I've ever had... It would be a shame to see the dynasty end......

I've just Googled Maitland Bows and found this.....

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/ore...cv00203/115804

I'm not from the USofA or a lawyer...... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exarcher GB View Post
    Surely somebody must know what's going on ? My Session and Zeus are the best shooting bows I've ever had... It would be a shame to see the dynasty end......

I've just Googled Maitland Bows and found this.....

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/ore...cv00203/115804

I'm not from the USofA or a lawyer...... ?
    That don't look good

Simple infringement case based on the use of the word "Raptor"?
    http://oregonintellectualproperty.co...bert-maitland/

Quote Originally Posted by NoDeerInIowa View Post
    Simple infringement case based on the use of the word "Raptor"?
    http://oregonintellectualproperty.co...bert-maitland/
    Just found that as well, things to sue over... ridiculous

seems kind of a thin premise to base a lawsuit.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

Sounds ridiculous.
    Got to Lancaster and search Raptor
    Rinehart, Barnett, and Extreme all use Raptor for a product name
    Norway Vanes as well

What about PSE Raptor grip?

Quote Originally Posted by FUDS View Post
    Sounds ridiculous.
    Got to Lancaster and search Raptor
    Rinehart, Barnett, and Extreme all use Raptor for a product name
    Norway Vanes as well
    Yes, it does sound ridiculous. Those are all larger companies by far than Maitland. Click the link I posted. Or would it be easier if I copy and paste the article?

yeah, i saw your post. It kinda seems like a more personal thing, both being in Nevada. Or it's just an opportunist picking his shot at a smaller/more manageable company

I think the latter seems to be the case. Raptor Archery Inc. is an Oregon company.

Yeah I made a mistake on that.

Just went to the Maitland website and notice that the Raptor 3d is now called the "3D"

Sounds like a whole load of horse pucky to me. Think I will sue every one w/ the name Don. I just don't see how this is possible. Yamaha has a 4-wheeler called the Raptor. Lockheed Martin made the F-22 Raptor, and the list goes on and on.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson.

Maitland Archery will continue to produce bows, but.........

Quote Originally Posted by FUDS View Post
    Yeah I made a mistake on that.

Just went to the Maitland website and notice that the Raptor 3d is now called the "3D"
    Ya I noticed that as well.
    Elite GTO
    Maitland Raptor 3D
    Maitland Zeus
    "Just Shut It and Shoot Your Bow!"

But is Maitland still open?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast