Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maitland Archery will continue to produce bows, but.........

Someone made the effort to change the website recently.

Regardless of that, it seems no one can contact them yet

Quote Originally Posted by Keith t View Post
    seems kind of a thin premise to base a lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUDS View Post
    Sounds ridiculous.
    Got to Lancaster and search Raptor
    Rinehart, Barnett, and Extreme all use Raptor for a product name
    Norway Vanes as well

What about PSE Raptor grip?
    Quote Originally Posted by FUDS View Post
    yeah, i saw your post. It kinda seems like a more personal thing, both being in Nevada. Or it's just an opportunist picking his shot at a smaller/more manageable company
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDeerInIowa View Post
    I think the latter seems to be the case. Raptor Archery Inc. is an Oregon company.
    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    Sounds like a whole load of horse pucky to me. Think I will sue every one w/ the name Don. I just don't see how this is possible. Yamaha has a 4-wheeler called the Raptor. Lockheed Martin made the F-22 Raptor, and the list goes on and on.
    All of those things are either parts of a bow or not bow related. Apparently the archery shop makes their own bow called The Raptor Signature Longbow.

I wonder if the guy has been getting calls asking about the Raptor 3D from people who can't tell the difference between a longbow and a compound bow.
    Maitland Retribution VTR 27", 68#
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester arrows .350 spine, RFA RazorHawk broadheads, Onestringer wraps.
    Scott Archery Silverhorn release, Trophy Ridge Micro-Hitman 5 sight

"trademark dispute over the use of the “RAPTOR” trademark in connection with archery equipment"

straight from the patent statement

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. But Barnett uses the Raptor name on 2 of their crossbows.

I read the pleadings, as a guy with a law degree, it is a suit filed by someone who knows the company is not in a position to defend the suit. Absolute BS! Notice PSE wasn't named as a defendant...hmmmm-they use "raptor" as well. Any how, I would never buy a damn thing from the jerks who filed this garbage....

Hey DBs, sue the Federal Government.pretty Darn sure they have one hell of a plane with the exact freaking name. Amazing!!!!
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by roosclan View Post
    All of those things are either parts of a bow or not bow related. Apparently the archery shop makes their own bow called The Raptor Signature Longbow.

I wonder if the guy has been getting calls asking about the Raptor 3D from people who can't tell the difference between a longbow and a compound bow.

Kicking a man when he is down. The Raptor 3D & the darn jet have more in common than the Raptor 3D & the long bow. Yeah, I'm serious. If you shoot long bows, you generally don't shoot bad a@@ futuristic compounds. Raptor 3d is to a long bow as a .22 caliber is to a Barrett 50 - different league
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

Maybe the guy that owns Raptor archery is jealous because his products suck, and Robs don't
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson.

Or maybe the owner of Raptor archery is tired of getting angry phone calls from people looking for Rob?
    Maybe the guy that owns Raptor archery is jealous because his products suck, and Robs don't
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, CJ Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods,PSE X Weave Pro 300, 85 Grain Grim Reapers
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

Rob has not posted on here or logged on since Dec 28.....

I wonder what happened to Jen???
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson.

So does it take forever to get a biz sold or did they close doors?
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by IsHeBreathing? View Post
    So does it take forever to get a biz sold or did they close doors?
    There has to be a ton of logistics involved in selling a business like this.

I would venture to say that even when the sale is done we will probably not hear anything from Rob. I'd like to hear what's going on or what went on. It would be great to get the "inside"scoop. Rob really doesnt owe us anything.

I'm sure when the sale is done, He is done.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

The sad part is he produced such a high quality product. We wanted him to make it. He increased our choices and had great "outside the box" ideas. Still have hope but lack of any contact is not good. No word at all since mid Dec.

Gone with the Wind !

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    The sad part is he produced such a high quality product. We wanted him to make it. He increased our choices and had great "outside the box" ideas. Still have hope but lack of any contact is not good. No word at all since mid Dec.
    Man you got that right! I've never shot a bow as well as I do my Retribution. I really wanted a Kinetic but a lefty was never made.

I'm still going to shoot my Retri. As long as i can, I just havnt found a bow thats comparable.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    I know.

Regret getting rid of the pink one.
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

There has to be a ton of logistics involved in selling a business like this.

I would venture to say that even when the sale is done we will probably not hear anything from Rob. I'd like to hear what's going on or what went on. It would be great to get the "inside"scoop. Rob really doesnt owe us anything.

Just parts that people need fixed /ordered... And a possible explanation but ya other than that nothing
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

It's difficult to believe that after all this time, no one has any info on the sale of Maitland. Those of us who have owned one are aware of these cult status innovative bows hope they continue on, even under another name.

So not one rumour/report or official announcement ? Unreal !

Wish someone would just say what's going on, love my x factor
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

I have e-mailed Rob a couple more times since I started this tread, but have gotten no further response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    It's difficult to believe that after all this time, no one has any info on the sale of Maitland. Those of us who have owned one are aware of these cult status innovative bows hope they continue on, even under another name.

So not one rumour/report or official announcement ? Unreal !
    -Thomas Jefferson.

I have e-mailed Rob a couple more times since I started this tread, but have gotten no further response.
    Shocker
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

End of the road for Maitland bows under any name it seems

I wonder what happened to Jen ???
    most definetly... kinda curious as well... ...
    BowTech 101st 60/27.5... Cobra DRM... Carter 2-Shot... Gold Tip 3D Pros

Please see the following thread for replacement limbs:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2219347

I have heard that Maitland was bought by an existing traditional bow company here in the U.S. And that they were going to keep building them in the U.S. but under their name, not Maitland.
    Proudly sponsored
    by GOD above
    Family and
    Friends

If that's true that would be great. But would they honor the existing "lifetime" warranty from Maitland. Or at least make parts to fix the current models. I hope rob catches on with some big bow company; I think he makes a great bow (kind of strothers like, in terms of great bow/not the best buisness moto). But he may have bit off more than he and Jenn could chew; with a company all to themselves. They made a great product but just didn't have the personal to keep up with demand. Really wish I could have done something to help keep them afloat, and had I lived closer to Nevada I would have. I wish I could have kept my kinetic 6 around but with the rumor of Maitland not being around much longer, I had to part ways. And I have to say I miss it a bit. But they also have well known limb issues. And the thought of not having replacement options it had to go. The girlfriend is still shooting her K7 with great results. (Fingers crossed the limbs hold up). Or the ability for replacements show up sooner than later. We'd really like to drop down limb weight but until their's options we'll deal with the limb bolts being backed out as far as they can safely go.
    2013 Bowtech Experience, Copper John Mk 3 w/dovetail, TT Smackdown Pro, 7'' octane stab

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast