a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: DAS recurve

DAS recurve

Would like some feedback on DAS recurve owners.
    thanks in advance for any info.

Mr Cheebo

I used to lust after getting a DAS bow and would scan the classifieds daily. I never could find exactly the one I wanted and then one day I finally found the exact one. It was the right draw weight and has a black riser w/camo limbs. Mine is a DAS/Dalaa so a newer one.

OK, I normally shoot a Black Widow and that is my every day bow BUT this Dalaa takes a back seat to no bow in my opinion. I like how you can adjust the draw weight and tiller etc. This allows you to adjust the bow exactly to you. I have mine shooting well. I shoot off a flipper rest and its a good setup.

Anyhow in my opinion you can't go wrong. I love mine and I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

Bill
    Aim small, focus, hold, hold

Love mine. Shoots great, very smooth and accurate. Like that you can adjust tiller and draw weight. Very easy to set up and tune. Arrows fly like darts and hit hard.

Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
    Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
    Bamabows Elite Classic 64" 50@28
    Bamabows Expedition III 60" 48@28

Mr C-

What do you want to know?

I have an ILF DAS Elite.
    It's a beautifully designed and built riser.

The only flaw is that in an attempt to make tolerances as tight as possible, the limb fit is somewhat snug. OK, more than "somewhat".
    I have to be careful about which limbs I use on that riser.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the 3Rivers offerings, if that's what you are asking about.

Viper1 out.
    “Simple and innocent, however, as it (the bow) appears, and capable as it is of being a trusty friend and ally, a bow is at the same time a watchful enemy, ready to take advantage of the smallest slight.”

I love mine!

When I first received my DAS Master prototype I didn't know what to expect. I just knew I wasn't that interested in bows with metal risers. I was a diehard Black Widow archer...BUT...that DAS changed all that

Ray

Thanks guys for your response. Viper 1. I have been shooting compound for the last 30 yrs, and never owned a recurve. Just started making long bows from staves and going through the learning curve of instinctive and gap shooting. I felt it would be nice to have a good quality recurve to make the transition easier as I work on my form, anchor point and release with fingers. I think every man should own at least one nice recurve or long bow before he dies, its on my bucket list of things to do. I don't know if there is anyone in my area into Trad so I am trying to gather as much info I can from you guys who have a wealth of knowledge and experience. thank you all so much . I am 5 ft 8 in and not sure about my draw length with trad bows. Maybe a 60 to 62 in bow, 17 in riser 50# maybe. I hunt small game, turkey deer etc. I have a double bull blind and tree stands don't know if I can hunt with that long bow in a stand or not. These ar some of my thoughts, what do yall think, am I on the right track?

thanks

Mr Cheebo central Al

I have a DAS Kinetic that will never leave my possession. I guess instead of trumping all of it's good qualities, I'll try a different approach...I have yet to find a negative.

Mr C -

You are certainly not going to go wrong with an ILF DAS, it's a quality made bow and will serve you quite well.
    The downside is that you can get a bow that shoots just as well for a lot less.

Ultimately it depends on what YOU want and YOUR particular tastes.

As far as starting your stickbow career with a 50# bow, that might need a little rethinking, IMHO anyway.

Viper1 out.
    “Simple and innocent, however, as it (the bow) appears, and capable as it is of being a trusty friend and ally, a bow is at the same time a watchful enemy, ready to take advantage of the smallest slight.”

Mr. Cheebo, you might consider coming to the "Pre-Spring Arrow Fling", aka "Comptons South", at Tannehill State Park next month. Normally several bowyers and dealers there, plus lots of folks that like to show off their bows. Fun course, usually pretty easy, non-competitive. Great place to check out equipment and talk to fellow archers.
    Support the Future of Archery--Support the NASP

Mr LBR,

Thanks for the invite, its been 20 yrs since I shot 3D. Is it a Trad shoot or all bows welcome, compound, sights etc. Where is Tannehill State Park?

Viper1
    buying good quality equipment is an investment to me, If I like it I probably will never sell it. I don't mind paying a little more for good stuff vs going cheaper and having to buy a lot of upgrades to get what I want. Hope that makes sense.

Looking for good used Das, Trad Tech Titan III, or similar Right Hand, 40 t0 50 # or I will buy new one.

Thanks every one

Mr Cheebo

This one is traditional only, and non-competitive. Tannehill is near McCalla, just South of Birmingham. Beautiful place, primitve and RV camping (showerhouse on the premises), or plenty of motels nearby.
    Support the Future of Archery--Support the NASP