Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Scale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vandergrift PA
    Posts
    5,905

    Scale

    I have been avoiding my scale like it's the devil. I had been over a month into my diet without a break until Christmas day. I then (like a fool) ate and didn't stop and overendulged myself from that wednesday for the next 12 days until the weekend after newyears. I could just feel myself swelling up! lol Back to 100% diet on the 5th of this month. I feel like I lost it all but I am avoiding the scale for two reasons:
    1 - if my weights still up it's gonna depress the hell out of me!!!
    2 - If it's down I will start believing I can get away with not being as strict.

    So am I being way way to anal about it or should I just jump on and see where the chips fall.
    60X custom strings staff shooter www.60XCustomStrings.com
    Custom tunning and bow work
    dragman1145@windstream.net

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disney
    Posts
    6,385
    Well 2 things come to mind here:

    1) 12 cheat days in a row is a bit much...
    2) but who cares just put it behind you and move on. Your dwelling on it to much - who gives a rip what the scale says. Your way over thinking this don't let the scale rule your life your in this long term.
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Vector 32 - Bone Collector
    Hoyt Spyder 30

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAX-HD View Post
    Well 2 things come to mind here:

    1) 12 cheat days in a row is a bit much...
    2) but who cares just put it behind you and move on. Your dwelling on it to much - who gives a rip what the scale says. Your way over thinking this don't let the scale rule your life your in this long term.
    3) Forget the scale, take some photos and use them to gauge your cutting progress.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vandergrift PA
    Posts
    5,905
    The 12 days weren't supposed to happen but did. Now I am back on wagon and gotta make sure if I need a cheat meal or day I leave it at just that . got on scale this morning still 6lbs up. So another week and I will be back even. On the plus I look the same or a bit tighter even though I'm 6 lbs heavier.
    60X custom strings staff shooter www.60XCustomStrings.com
    Custom tunning and bow work
    dragman1145@windstream.net

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    353
    Consider it a 12 day dirty bulk! Like you said...looks tighter even tho up 6 lbs. Mission accomplished!
    KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Valley Springs Ca
    Posts
    723
    I want the scale for damage control, as long as i've been working out also it isn't a big deal.
    Sometimes life gets in the way. I've been in Texas all week sitting in a class with baskets of chocolate spead across every table and catered lunches , also had donuts in the back of the room and living out of a motel.
    Did I blow it ? Of course. , it is just time to clean it up again is all and get back on track. The problem with beating yourself up over it is it is just to easy to throw in the towel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disney
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by jgd2305 View Post
    3) Forget the scale, take some photos and use them to gauge your cutting progress.
    Good #3
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Vector 32 - Bone Collector
    Hoyt Spyder 30

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by dragman View Post
    I have been avoiding my scale like it's the devil. I had been over a month into my diet without a break until Christmas day. I then (like a fool) ate and didn't stop and overendulged myself from that wednesday for the next 12 days until the weekend after newyears. I could just feel myself swelling up! lol Back to 100% diet on the 5th of this month. I feel like I lost it all but I am avoiding the scale for two reasons:
    1 - if my weights still up it's gonna depress the hell out of me!!!
    2 - If it's down I will start believing I can get away with not being as strict.

    So am I being way way to anal about it or should I just jump on and see where the chips fall.
    Use a mirror not a scale, Bodyweight doesn't mean anything really! Once your satisfied how you look in the mirror then go to the scale to satisfy your mind!
    Extreme Measures always lead to Extreme Disappointment!

  9. #9
    I think when you use a scale you can easily control your weights. Because you know that how much weight you are gain or losing it. I also use scale on daily basis to control over my diet as well as weight.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    369
    I weigh myself daily and take the average weigh in for a week. Counting Macros/calories but not very strict on fats or carbs just making sure i get enough protein or calories
    "Put your time in"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Missouri!!!!!
    Posts
    9,176
    I rarely weigh myself. I simply Guage on whether I feel fat, look fat, or don't have as much strength. No use in using the scale if you look good.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jonesboro,LA
    Posts
    673
    I am heavier now than I was 6 months ago but the clothes are still getting looser
    six months ago I was 6' 4", 230lb now 240-245
    I tend to let the scales get in my head simply because I dont want to go back where I was three years ago 290lbs



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •