Thread: whats your thoughts on the afflixion?

whats your thoughts on the afflixion?

So its time to get a new bow. Im torn between the athens afflixion and the obsession addiction. Im looking for a 35 ata and 7 bh. Was wondering how the flix holds having a 6.5 bh? And how much speed id have. 29 draw 65 pound. Ive shot both and loved both. Either way im kissing my hoyt goodbye.

2014 Athens Afflixion, GT Velocity XT, Trophy Ridge React 1 Pin, QAD HDX, Limbsaver, BowJax
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT, GT Velocity Pro, TR React 1 Pin, Limb Driver, VaporTrail,NAP Stab
    Scott Longhorn IV
    Tuned By Kevin Robinson at Pass Thru Archery, Asheville NC

If you'll post on www.athensarchery.com you should get lots of responses. Lots of Afflixtion shooters there.
    Last edited by ACCMan; January 17th, 2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: addition

The afflixtion is a great bow! It holds like a rock. If you're around 5 gpp at 29/65 you should be around 322 fps
    Athens Staff Shooter
    Athens Excell (finger tab)
    Athens Afflixtion
    Tru Ball/ Axcel Staff

Loved my Flix...It's a great bow...You would not be disappointed if you went with it...
    Athens Testament Blackout
    MBG Ascent Ambush / QAD HDX / Alpine Soft Loc / Stokerized
    Victory VForce tipped with 100g Rage

Both bows are great, great bows. I currently have a customer considering buying one of the very two bows you mentioned.

You would not be disappointed with either one.
    PASSTHRU ARCHERY - 828-273-2815
    Obsession /Athens / Xpedition Dealer
    Custom Bow Tuning
    Facebook.com/PassthruArcheryAshvl

Kevin im your customer lol im on here tryin to get more oppinions. Im leaning hard on the athens
    2014 Athens Afflixion, GT Velocity XT, Trophy Ridge React 1 Pin, QAD HDX, Limbsaver, BowJax
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT, GT Velocity Pro, TR React 1 Pin, Limb Driver, VaporTrail,NAP Stab
    Scott Longhorn IV

I absolutely love my Flix.It holds steady and is very accurate even with the shorter 6.5" BH I won Erie last yr in HC and finished 2nd in the NTC shooting mine
    Athens Factory Staff,Bee Stinger Shooting Staff,Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff,Pure Perfextion strings and cables Shooting Staff,
    Stan Shooting Staff,Trophy Blend Deer Scent

Thanks guys im 99% sold on the flix. The bow was just so smooth and the backwall was great as well. I was concerned about how good the 6.5 bh held compared to the 7 of the ob addiction. And i was wanting a solid limb bow to get away from my split limb hoyt. Has been a tuning nightmare.
    Scott Longhorn IV

I would consider getting one with a conventional cable rod
    Athens Staff Shooter
    Athens Excell (finger tab)
    Athens Afflixtion
    Tru Ball/ Axcel Staff

Whats wrong with the TRCS? Alittle loud?
    Scott Longhorn IV

there is nothing wrong with the TCRS have 2 of them.
    11-Athens Afflixtion, QAD Pro ultra rest, Sword Centurion.
    12-Athens Afflixtion, Limb Driver rest, Sword Apex 3d plane,
    XTREAM Stabilizers, BE Rampage 350's, BE Challenger 350's
    60X Custom Stings Staff. XTREME Stabilization shooting staff. Hot shot release staff shooter

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    I would consider getting one with a conventional cable rod
    I shoot a CR. I don't care for the TRCS simply because I was one of the few that had issues with chattering and bumper flying off. I know one other guy with a Flix CR and he's happy as well.

The TRCS's are not loud at all, i don't think. I love the concept. I run a strother slide glide on it. Same concept but no moving parts.

If your having a hard time choosing look at other things about each company.like customer service. Athens definitely would win that one.there customer service cant be beat.Athens also has lifetime warranty. Those were two aspects that swayed me to Athens. No disrespect to obsession they make a great bow to.and I also love my afflixion. Dependable.smooth fast. Great combo

Cant say enough good things about the Affliction, smooth draw solid backwall little or no hand shock and a killer grip. I am so sold I bought another used one off here. LOve em!

Not sure if you've bought one yet or not but the Afflixtion is an incredible bow. You will be glad you got one when you let fly with the first arrow. I am convinced that Athens has the best bow out there.....too bad more folks haven't discovered how great the Athens bows are!
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

PA090146 (2)re.jpgPA090149 (2)re.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyroberts32 View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the TCRS have 2 of them.
    I'd agree with this! I have two of them too, in my Afflixtion and Recluse. The three "issues" I'm aware of that some people have had are 1) noise, 2) rollers sticking on the rod, and 3) the string stop bumper loosening or coming off. I consider these items as very minor, and took care of them as detailed. #1 - noise - I used two Limbsaver mini dampers on the TRCS, which significantly reduced the noise - see photo of Afflixtion. #2 - rollers sticking - this was first brought up when a user's roller(s) stuck in cold weather; the roller(s) contracted and stuck, resulting in a cable popping off upon drawing the bow. I checked my four rollers, and had to slightly open up the hole in two of the four rollers; .001" was enough to allow the rollers to slide smoothly at 20 degrees F. Athens will replace the rod and rollers is anyone has a problem; it takes about 1-2 minutes to replace them. #3 - string stop getting loose or coming off - this happened to my Recluse. I contacted Pam at Athens; she said they did have some earlier stops that were made from a too-soft rubber, and consequently moved too much, and could shift and/or come off. She sent me the correct firmer ones. To assure there's not a problem, I use a shoe-repair product (Freesole) and lightly glue them on, and also install a small black zip tie around the base of the bumper, and have a spare one handy, just in case. With these few simple "bulletproofing" items, the TRCS is a great system, and there is essentially NO wear on the cables, as the rollers both slide and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by dave cole View Post
    PA090146 (2)re.jpgPA090149 (2)re.jpg

I'd agree with this! I have two of them too, in my Afflixtion and Recluse. The three "issues" I'm aware of that some people have had are 1) noise, 2) rollers sticking on the rod, and 3) the string stop bumper loosening or coming off. I consider these items as very minor, and took care of them as detailed. #1 - noise - I used two Limbsaver mini dampers on the TRCS, which significantly reduced the noise - see photo of Afflixtion. #2 - rollers sticking - this was first brought up when a user's roller(s) stuck in cold weather; the roller(s) contracted and stuck, resulting in a cable popping off upon drawing the bow. I checked my four rollers, and had to slightly open up the hole in two of the four rollers; .001" was enough to allow the rollers to slide smoothly at 20 degrees F. Athens will replace the rod and rollers is anyone has a problem; it takes about 1-2 minutes to replace them. #3 - string stop getting loose or coming off - this happened to my Recluse. I contacted Pam at Athens; she said they did have some earlier stops that were made from a too-soft rubber, and consequently moved too much, and could shift and/or come off. She sent me the correct firmer ones. To assure there's not a problem, I use a shoe-repair product (Freesole) and lightly glue them on, and also install a small black zip tie around the base of the bumper, and have a spare one handy, just in case. With these few simple "bulletproofing" items, the TRCS is a great system, and there is essentially NO wear on the cables, as the rollers both slide and roll.

I agree, the TRCS is nice if you don't mind addressing and issue or two if they come up. My chattering in the cold was enough to make me switch when I bought a new year Flix, i went with the CR. I just figured a standard cable rod worked for how many years without issue? Plus, the Flix has Zero cam lean even with out the TRCS. I better put a disclaimer on this or people will jump on it. With CR, the flix on the draw board and at full draw, the cam does NOT lean at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Early Ice View Post
    I agree, the TRCS is nice if you don't mind addressing and issue or two if they come up. My chattering in the cold was enough to make me switch when I bought a new year Flix, i went with the CR. I just figured a standard cable rod worked for how many years without issue? Plus, the Flix has Zero cam lean even with out the TRCS. I better put a disclaimer on this or people will jump on it. With CR, the flix on the draw board and at full draw, the cam does NOT lean at all.
    Maybe that has something to do with the incredible accuracy of the Flix. Love that bow....
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion