a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: cardiac info?

cardiac info?

I just bought my first bow and recently joined AT. I got a ross cardiac from a friend as my first compound bow. I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell when it was manufactured? The gut I bought it from said that he thought he got it in '06 but didn't remember for sure. I have attached a couple photos and would love to know more about the gear I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought a cardiac in 07. I'm pretty sure that's the first year the cardiac was produced. There should be a serial number under the side plate of the grip. I don't know if you can track that number. They are great bows, I've shot mine more times than I can count. Good luck, you'll love it.

Thanks for the info. I checked the serial number and emailed Ross, they have been very good about responding, so hopefully I will get more info soon. The bow shoots great! After I got it set up for me, I put 3 out of 5 shots in the center of the target at 20 yards and all 5 were in an 8 inch grouping. Feeling pretty good since that was my first time shooting a bow!

I believe that is either an 07 or 08 Cardiac. They were the same at 33"ata. Prior to the Cardiac was the CR34 I believe. The 07 and 08 Cardiac were and still are great shooting bows. I sold my Mathews Switchback to get the Cardiac. Best move I ever made. I sold it a couple of years ago to help buy my wife a bow. I wish I had kept the bow. I killed several deer, turkey, and other critters with it and shot a few 3D courses with it. I had a limb crack after the change over to bowtech and then back to Ross under new ownership. Mike Osborne sent me a new set of limbs (carbon fiber) free to replace them with. Mike is no longer with Ross (I think) but from what I've heard, Ross Archery is in good hands. The Cardiac uses CR series cam mods and they can be found on Ebay, the same ones were used by Quest on their Hammer series and they are easy to get and change.

'13 PSE DNA 30" 60# 315 fps, Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575
    09 Elite GT500 29.6" 66# 307 fps -Stage 1 Strings - Tater Tuned!
    Maxima Hunter 350 - Blue Streak Selects 350 Summit Treestands
    Slick Trick Mags, Treelimb Premium Quiver,
    "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."