Archery Talk Forum banner

3 or 4 Finger???

766 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RoscoeP23 
#1 ·
Ordering a new Carter Too Simple.... For 90% hunting, what would be preferred a 3 or 4 finger version...

#6 ·
there are real and legitimate reasons for needing a 3, or 4 finger release....it's not just "personal preference", all the time. that "personal preference" phrase is so widely used and actually demonstrates the universal lack of knowledge in the area it's used.
considering that you are new enough to not know the reason, .....you wouldn't be asking the question, if you knew,.... I suggest you do a search with, " 3 or 4 finger" and do a little reading. most of what you read will be applied to hinge releases, but the criteria is completely applicable to thumb releases, as well.

#11 ·
Ive been pondering the same questions, 3 or 4 finger...I have no where in my location that I can go and just try out a few...I did shoot a Scott Exxus 3 finger, and liked it, but I felt like I needed more of a hold, if that makes since...I think for myself I would like the 4 finger...But I'm not sure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.