a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech carbon rose

Bowtech carbon rose

Does anyone have the bowtech carbon rose? Or has anyone shot it and any thoughts or comments?

My wife has shot one, we're planning on purchasing in the next month or so. I shot it as well because she couldn't believe how well it shot and wanted me to see if she was dreaming. First thing you'll notice is the weight, it is very easy to hold without arm fatigue. The draw cycle isn't harsh at all, its just a consistent pull from start to finish. It doesn't have a very large valley, but it doesn't want to jump or dump at full draw either. Its the quietest bow I've ever shot, and that was bare bow. There is virtually no hand shock, and it doesn't want to jump out of your hand at the shot. As I said the bow was bare, no sight. My wife was shooting 1" groupings at 20 yards just by pulling to her anchor points and releasing. I'm not a bowtech spokesperson or anything, but they hit it out of the park with this one. Go shoot one I promise you won't be sorry.

Thanks for your input. The shop I was at said they would be getting some in in a few weeks. I saw the carbon knight and it was very light weight. She said the carbon rose was the women's bow.

The CR is a great bow for women. The lighter weight should really be attractive to a lady. Not necessary but on any CR or CK I recommend putting a Ktech KSB-1 on for the string suppressor. It makes both those bows just purr like a kitten.

Bought my wife on two days ago..10 x's in a row before we left shop..she is loving it
    2014 Matthews Chill SDX..Cause I shoot like a Girl
    2013 Sniper LT Stormy Original/Black 70lbs
    Grim Reaper Broadheads
    Breathns Strings

Just bought one and it's currently at the shop being set up.

LOVE IT! Can't wait to get it out so I can start targeting and getting ready for Spring Gobbler.

I bought the black one. I didn't really like the camo with purple cams. The black is sweet though!
    Hubby says: You need help! You're right Baby... Grab a leg!!!

BowTech Diamond Razor
    26" DL 45# DW
    Kenetic 500 QAD EXODUS 100g

My wife has her eye on it. Havent found one for her to shoot yet but from what ive heard about it id say ill probably be buying one.
    Magnus Broadheads Pro Staff
    Carbofast Stabilizers Pro Staff

What are the grips like on these bows?
    Magnus Broadheads Pro Staff
    Carbofast Stabilizers Pro Staff

I can say it's the only thing I don't like about it. Almost like holding onto a piece of wood.
    Hubby says: You need help! You're right Baby... Grab a leg!!!

BowTech Diamond Razor
    26" DL 45# DW
    Kenetic 500 QAD EXODUS 100g

Wow, closest dealer I have to me, and never owner a bowtech, but boyfriend is a bowtech lover. I might sell my strother hope for this bow??-
    PSE Stiletto 42#/25 1/2"
    Strother Hope 40#/25 1/2"
    PSE MALICIA

First post will be here I guess! I have the Heartbreaker and I tested out the carbon rose today.. same draw weight as mine and I felt as though it was harder to draw back? May have just been a fluke for me though. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the camo riser, black limbs and purple cams.. looks a bit busy to me. Other than that, it shot really well! Maybe once they get all the kinks out I may buy the blacked out one

My wife shot one when we were shopping for her a bow. She shot a charger, carbon rose, mission something or another and a chill r. She didn't like the carbon rose as much as the charger but as we all know personal preference. I think the main thing she doesn't like are the colors lol

Laura.
    Fact is that your Heartbreaker is a bit FASTER than the CR but not as light.

If it's weight you are looking at, The Infinite Edge is actually lighter than the CR and has a 310 IBO. Yes, it's faster. It also has a longer ATA and a 7" brace.
    The IE is an AWESOME bow.

The CR has an ATA of 30" and a brace of 6.75
    It's the "Carbon Thing" that is all the rage now.
    I've seen it and handled it.

Personally, I like your Heartbreaker better.

My GF shoots an IE. She shoots 39 pounds, 24.5" and a 217 grain Vap. She's getting 235 FPS

I shoot an Experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lauragaleaa View Post
    First post will be here I guess! I have the Heartbreaker and I tested out the carbon rose today.. same draw weight as mine and I felt as though it was harder to draw back? May have just been a fluke for me though. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the camo riser, black limbs and purple cams.. looks a bit busy to me. Other than that, it shot really well! Maybe once they get all the kinks out I may buy the blacked out one
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by threetoe View Post
    Laura.
    Fact is that your Heartbreaker is a bit FASTER than the CR but not as light.

If it's weight you are looking at, The Infinite Edge is actually lighter than the CR and has a 310 IBO. Yes, it's faster. It also has a longer ATA and a 7" brace.
    The IE is an AWESOME bow.

The CR has an ATA of 30" and a brace of 6.75
    It's the "Carbon Thing" that is all the rage now.
    I've seen it and handled it.

Personally, I like your Heartbreaker better.

My GF shoots an IE. She shoots 39 pounds, 24.5" and a 217 grain Vap. She's getting 235 FPS

I shoot an Experience.
    Thanks, I am also looking for a bow for my girlfriend (maybe soon fiance) if she gets back into shooting. Right now she has a Browning Micro Midas 3 set at 41# and a 23.5" draw, and I have some cheap aluminum arrows on order for her to try. If she wants to get back into it, I would like to get her a "better" bow but can't justify spending the bucks on the Carbon Rose. I totally forgot about the Infinite Edge... that is an outstanding bow for anyone.

My main issue for her is the overall weight and didn't realize that the IE is actually lighter than the CR!

Not to mention a little faster and a LOT more room to grow. I want to try to get her up to 50# weight, and would have to buy the 50# CR and crank it down... but with the IE that's not an issue.
    southpaw
    compound/single cam/60#/26.5"/379gr/247fps
    traditional/recurve/40# @ 28"/uber slow

My wife shoots a Quest Bliss, its set at 43#s and 26" dl, and its shooting a 258gr arrow at 234 fps.
    she really likes the bow, but its heavy and not as fast as she would like. ( its the 30-45 # model
    that maxes at 27 "s ).
    she shot the carbon rose this past weekend . it was set at 40#s and 26"s shooting the same
    258 gr arrow and it went through the crono at 253 fps ! 19 fps faster than the g5 .
    she loved the cr , very light , easy to shoot and accurate.
    she didn't like the grip till she shot it a few times then it didn't bother her.
    so she will be looking to sell her bliss for the cr.
    anyone want to buy a bow ....?????
    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw , Carbon Express Blue streaks @ 285fps, with Grim Reaper hybrids.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .

up up
    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw , Carbon Express Blue streaks @ 285fps, with Grim Reaper hybrids.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .

I have a carbon rose and have been shooting it a couple months now. For me it was actually TOO light. I added weight front and back and that helped. It shoots well for me. My draw length is 26, pulling 45#. Shoot easton DOA 500 with 80gr tip. My speed is 260 fps. No complaints about this bow. I must add that I also have a Mathews Jewel...if I had to chose between the two I would choose the Mathews.
    BTW I agree the camo and purple is a bit busy...I have the blackout and love the color. Color doesnt shoot your arrows but its nice to have!
    2013 Mathews Jewel Black/ Apex Axim Sights/ QAD ultrarest/ Maxima Blue Streak/ Tru fire hardcore thumb release (Hunting set up)

2014 Mathews Chill R/ Axcel Armortech HD Pro/LP light/ QAD ultrarest/ T.R.U. Ball Sweet Spot II/ Beestinger stabilizers/ Beman Diva 7.1 gpi, 100 gr nib (target set up)

what kinds of speed you getting out of your jewel ?
    shes trying to get the most out of her hha , 235 just isn't fast enough for her to shoot 3d .
    imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelrydor View Post
    Wow, closest dealer I have to me, and never owner a bowtech, but boyfriend is a bowtech lover. I might sell my strother hope for this bow??-
    I'm thinking you would def be downgrading. It's just okay in my opinion. I loved the Strothers Hope. The Carbon Rose feels like a 2x4 in the hand compared to the Hope just my opinion
    2014 Carbon Spyder 30 Vicxen Series....

Quote Originally Posted by bonecollector66 View Post
    what kinds of speed you getting out of your jewel ?
    shes trying to get the most out of her hha , 235 just isn't fast enough for her to shoot 3d .
    imo.
    That is plenty fast enough for 3-D... My old bow was shooting 222 and I won many a shoots with it.
    2014 Carbon Spyder 30 Vicxen Series....

shes not the best at judging distance , and the faster the flatter.
    If she can upgrade and pick up 19 fps, and do it with less poundage. sound like win win to me.
    her Bliss is on the heavy side and the course we spend a lot of time on is about 2 miles around.

Is it just my observation or has all the bow manufacturers become focused on weight?
    After the CE came out, it seems lighter is what they are all selling.

Isn't it kinda funny that we buy these ultra light bows only to add weight to make them shoot able?
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

I have not chrono'd the jewel...but today I ordered a Mathews chill r...the bowtech is going...never had a complaint but never shot it as good as the jewel...I need my target bow to shoot as good as my hunting bow can...jewel seems just as fast as the CR to me just haven't measured it
    2013 Mathews Jewel Black/ Apex Axim Sights/ QAD ultrarest/ Maxima Blue Streak/ Tru fire hardcore thumb release (Hunting set up)

2014 Mathews Chill R/ Axcel Armortech HD Pro/LP light/ QAD ultrarest/ T.R.U. Ball Sweet Spot II/ Beestinger stabilizers/ Beman Diva 7.1 gpi, 100 gr nib (target set up)

selling the carbon rose ?

arrow2.jpgarrow3.jpg

This is what happened on my wifes 3rd shot with her New Carbon Rose,she busted my Challenger and was chasing my arrows all night..Hers is the Blue Streak and she reminded me all night that her arrows were closer.LOL She is loving this bow
    2014 Matthews Chill SDX..Cause I shoot like a Girl
    2013 Sniper LT Stormy Original/Black 70lbs
    Grim Reaper Broadheads
    Breathns Strings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast