Archery Talk Forum banner

I Have Chosen The Carbon Express CX1 or CX2

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Str8shooter 
#1 ·
I have been reading about the different brands of crossbows & as far as i am concerned it will be the Carbon Express CX1 I live on disability income so i must make the best choice my first .I would love to hear from any Carbon Express xbow owners & how that like or dislike there xbows I'am looking forward to ordering my Carbon Express Covet CX1 package & i am gonna buy that crancking /cocking device because of my bad bicept on my right arm & i am looking to buy a good made 3D Deer target to pratice with i Have a number of health issues that keep me from using & climbing a tree stand so i will look into a good ground blind .Let me know what any of ya Carbon Express owners think about you rigs :wink:

#2 ·
I think you made a good choice. I have the CX1 and think it is a fine crossbow. Trigger is only average but on the whole it seems to be a good rig. The way I see it, it is reasonably priced, it is quicker than average, it is a little quieter than average, it's a little lighter than average, it cocks easier than the real high power rigs. What's not to like? Personally I think it is one of those "under the radar" outfits. Good choice.

#3 ·
All that was said here. Had a issue needing to loc tight the screws but other then that and the trigger being a bit heavy I love it. Being that I just got it I wish I had waited for the new line to come out with the better trigger but Its a small issue. Very accurate!

#4 ·
Well i went with the Covert CX1 Package & i love it thus far I am needing advice on which hunting bolt that would do the best in my CX1 the CE Pile Driver 20" are what i am looking for more weight & more knock down & i am currently using the 20" CE Maxima Blue Streak & i find them a bit light for the 185lb draw & i am selling the 8 i have left & give the Pile Driver a shot I am going to be hunting with the CE Dual XT Blade Serrated 100 grain broad heads any thoughts?

#5 ·
I would recommend either the CAMX accuspine or black eagle exocutioners. I can't shoot fixed blades and have same poi as the field points. Don't worry about "knock down". You have more then enough for a full pass through on any deer beer or hog. Use a good mech with a low profile like NAP spitfire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.