a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Possible dealer

Possible dealer

Hey guys I am looking at the APA line to add to my place and I would like your feedback on the bows. Please be honest. Thank you!

RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES,LLC, PRO STAFF FOR SWORD SIGHTS, TREELIMB
    AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR: ELITE ARCHERY, OBSESSION BOWS, ATHENS, BLACK GOLD, SWORD, SPOT HOGG, CARTER, TRUFIRE, SCOTT, CBE, EASTON, BLACK EAGLE, TROPHYTAKER, VAPORTRAIL, RIPCORD, QAD, STOKERIZED, DCAP, RINEHART, TREELIMB, TIGHTSPOT, ASAT CAMO, GRIM REAPER, SCENT LOK, PREDATOR CAMO ETC, HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

They are really great bows. Shoot well, super fast and accurate. My favorite parts are the handle, which at times comes in real handy. The tiny 'tool area' with the sharpener, nock and broadhead adjustment holes and of course the steel bar which can be uses like a bow press in the field-need to change a string in the field no problem!
    2013 APA MAMBA M7, RIP CORD DROP AWAT, TROPHY RIDGE REACT, VICTORY VAPS, VIBRACHECK STABILIZER

2014 HOYT PRO COMP ELITE HAVENT SET IT UP YET BUT SOON ENOUGH

I'm by no means a pro shooter and pretty much pick bows based on my hunting preferences. I've shot several bows through the years and owned a handful of different ones. I have always been interested in the APA bows but there isn't much of a dealer base for them yet. I had the chance to shoot the Mamba M34, Mamba M7, Viper Nano and Mamba Air shortly before the ATA show. I had planned on test driving one this spring just because I haven't been fully satisfied with any of the bows I've had in the last 6 years. I've shot a lot of different bows through the last 6 years, bought a Martin Firecat w/60lb limbs when I had a shoulder injury, and hunted one season with it. Never could get it to feel like I wanted it to. Shoulder healed so went looking for a new bow, bought and am currently shooting a Mathews Z7 Extreme. I really like the Z7 Extreme and it shoots very well with the only draw back for me personally is the grip is very sensitive/twitchy to me. Before anyone starts thinking I'm a Mathews fanboy, this is the first Mathews bow that I personally ever thought was worth spending money on. When hunting new bows, I hunt models, not manufacturers.

Now I will give you MY opinion and MY personal feedback on the APA bows. The dual cams I shot, the M34, M7 and Mamba Air feel every bit as smooth to draw as my Z7 Extreme and the Viper Nano felt smoother. The draw cycle comparison is MY opinion and others might feel different about that but I know there's at least two other people that feel the way I did about the draw cycles. To elaborate on that further, the M34 was 70lb with a 29.5" draw and my Z7 Extreme was set at 68lbs with 29" draw. The other APA's I shot were 60lb bows at various draw lengths(26"-28") and that comparison includes dropping my Z7 Extreme to 60lbs.

I've shot most of the 13' lineup from most brands and shot a few of the 14' models. I was impressed enough with the APA's that I decided to open a part time archery shop at my residence and carry the APA line with the exception that I did not order the new longer target models. We might have 5 or 6 bow shops(not pro shops) within 50-60 miles and the closest to our area is around 30 miles. The people we have at the bow shops are plenty nice enough but I've seen the majority of them change strings sets on bows for customers and not once have I seen any of them check to see if the bow was even in spec. They pretty much try to carry whatever is hyped the most or sales the most and to me don't really care or possibly don't know how to work on bows correctly. This is another reason I decided to take a chance on opening a small part time shop at my residence. A buddy of mine and I do all the work on our personal bows and do a lot of work on our buddies bows. To me, the APA bows are the best on the market right now. Again that's personal preference. They draw smooth, great speed, best grip I've felt on any bow, hold very steady, best innovative features in my opinion and come with a lifetime warranty! They have a slim and trim appearance and seem to tune very easy from what little I've gotten to play with them. My order is supposed to ship in about 2 weeks or a little sooner and they won't get here fast enough. So far, pending shooting the bows, there should be 4 of them in my order already heading out the door.

To ME, it's awesome to be able to change strings and cables without having to have a bow press, don't need a bow press to time them, can sit and tune them completely while standing out shooting at targets in the back yard. I also believe the twister rest to be one of the best rests I've seen and shot. I included 10 of those on the order. I would've loved to have been able to order more than I did but I've got so much other stuff to order and as you know, it takes no time to start putting out a big chunk of money when the returns will be slow for a while in my case.

Don't know if all this dribble will help you any or provide the feedback your looking for but it's MY honest opinion and I have no brand loyalty for anything archery related with the possible exception of Gold Tip arrows. I just haven't ever seen the need to shoot anything else. I'm a hunter first, and have just started doing a little target shooting. I've shot one small local 3 spot tournament with my Z7 Extreme and had a lot of fun so I included a Mamba X7 in the order with the intention of shooting it at little spot tournaments and any 3D that I might give a shot! The guy that has the APA's I got to shoot is a new member to APA's pro staff so let me know if you have any further questions and I'll try to get them answered for you.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM12 View Post
    I'm by no means a pro shooter and pretty much pick bows based on my hunting preferences. I've shot several bows through the years and owned a handful of different ones. I have always been interested in the APA bows but there isn't much of a dealer base for them yet. I had the chance to shoot the Mamba M34, Mamba M7, Viper Nano and Mamba Air shortly before the ATA show. I had planned on test driving one this spring just because I haven't been fully satisfied with any of the bows I've had in the last 6 years. I've shot a lot of different bows through the last 6 years, bought a Martin Firecat w/60lb limbs when I had a shoulder injury, and hunted one season with it. Never could get it to feel like I wanted it to. Shoulder healed so went looking for a new bow, bought and am currently shooting a Mathews Z7 Extreme. I really like the Z7 Extreme and it shoots very well with the only draw back for me personally is the grip is very sensitive/twitchy to me. Before anyone starts thinking I'm a Mathews fanboy, this is the first Mathews bow that I personally ever thought was worth spending money on. When hunting new bows, I hunt models, not manufacturers.

Now I will give you MY opinion and MY personal feedback on the APA bows. The dual cams I shot, the M34, M7 and Mamba Air feel every bit as smooth to draw as my Z7 Extreme and the Viper Nano felt smoother. The draw cycle comparison is MY opinion and others might feel different about that but I know there's at least two other people that feel the way I did about the draw cycles. To elaborate on that further, the M34 was 70lb with a 29.5" draw and my Z7 Extreme was set at 68lbs with 29" draw. The other APA's I shot were 60lb bows at various draw lengths(26"-28") and that comparison includes dropping my Z7 Extreme to 60lbs.

I've shot most of the 13' lineup from most brands and shot a few of the 14' models. I was impressed enough with the APA's that I decided to open a part time archery shop at my residence and carry the APA line with the exception that I did not order the new longer target models. We might have 5 or 6 bow shops(not pro shops) within 50-60 miles and the closest to our area is around 30 miles. The people we have at the bow shops are plenty nice enough but I've seen the majority of them change strings sets on bows for customers and not once have I seen any of them check to see if the bow was even in spec. They pretty much try to carry whatever is hyped the most or sales the most and to me don't really care or possibly don't know how to work on bows correctly. This is another reason I decided to take a chance on opening a small part time shop at my residence. A buddy of mine and I do all the work on our personal bows and do a lot of work on our buddies bows. To me, the APA bows are the best on the market right now. Again that's personal preference. They draw smooth, great speed, best grip I've felt on any bow, hold very steady, best innovative features in my opinion and come with a lifetime warranty! They have a slim and trim appearance and seem to tune very easy from what little I've gotten to play with them. My order is supposed to ship in about 2 weeks or a little sooner and they won't get here fast enough. So far, pending shooting the bows, there should be 4 of them in my order already heading out the door.

To ME, it's awesome to be able to change strings and cables without having to have a bow press, don't need a bow press to time them, can sit and tune them completely while standing out shooting at targets in the back yard. I also believe the twister rest to be one of the best rests I've seen and shot. I included 10 of those on the order. I would've loved to have been able to order more than I did but I've got so much other stuff to order and as you know, it takes no time to start putting out a big chunk of money when the returns will be slow for a while in my case.

Don't know if all this dribble will help you any or provide the feedback your looking for but it's MY honest opinion and I have no brand loyalty for anything archery related with the possible exception of Gold Tip arrows. I just haven't ever seen the need to shoot anything else. I'm a hunter first, and have just started doing a little target shooting. I've shot one small local 3 spot tournament with my Z7 Extreme and had a lot of fun so I included a Mamba X7 in the order with the intention of shooting it at little spot tournaments and any 3D that I might give a shot! The guy that has the APA's I got to shoot is a new member to APA's pro staff so let me know if you have any further questions and I'll try to get them answered for you.
    AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR: ELITE ARCHERY, OBSESSION BOWS, ATHENS, BLACK GOLD, SWORD, SPOT HOGG, CARTER, TRUFIRE, SCOTT, CBE, EASTON, BLACK EAGLE, TROPHYTAKER, VAPORTRAIL, RIPCORD, QAD, STOKERIZED, DCAP, RINEHART, TREELIMB, TIGHTSPOT, ASAT CAMO, GRIM REAPER, SCENT LOK, PREDATOR CAMO ETC, HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

No problem Todd. Like I stated, I'm just a simple hunter but have been shooting bows for a little over 20 years and to me.....once you can play with them in person at a dealer, I believe they will sell themselves easy. Will they be the bow for everyone, no, but they are definitely different than everyone else and it will be what I plan on shooting for quite awhile. As Sticknut mentioned above, the front carry handle is awesome, especially if you walk in a long ways or do any spot and stalk type of hunts. I hunt a lot of archery only public land and my closest stand is 1 mile from where I park and a bow sling doesn't work all that well when carrying in stand and backpack! Good luck and I'd like to know what you think of them if you decide to carry them!

thank you guys for the positive feedback on this bow line

Todd, I use to a have Kind Cobra, quick with a decent draw and anchor . Nice looking bow and well built ! I've shot recurves and compounds since they still had cables with tear drops . I have shot bows from almost every MFG and would say APA ranks right up there . Randy
    They were the Good Old Days because we were young then! Either that or the world just keeps getting worse !

The sad thing about life is that no matter what I do I can't get out of it Alive !!

Thank you Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensgait View Post
    Todd, I use to a have Kind Cobra, quick with a decent draw and anchor . Nice looking bow and well built ! I've shot recurves and compounds since they still had cables with tear drops . I have shot bows from almost every MFG and would say APA ranks right up there . Randy

I have had Mathews, elite, pse, bowtech, jennings, all were good bows... my APA Nano was the easiest bow to tune, period....shooting buzzcuts, lol...great bow.....
    You also do not have to buy a ton of bows to keep your dealership... definitely a need for more dealers in the state's.. i traveled 250 miles to mine....

They are definately under rated because of lack of dealers,but they did turn some heads at the ATA show this year the guys from Tactical Archery Systems used them for their set-ups and got good reviews the bows with the Tactical sights and stabilizers looked awesome,you can't put a value on the features they truly do come in handy in the field.

Nice, thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by titan-chaser View Post
    I have had Mathews, elite, pse, bowtech, jennings, all were good bows... my APA Nano was the easiest bow to tune, period....shooting buzzcuts, lol...great bow.....
    You also do not have to buy a ton of bows to keep your dealership... definitely a need for more dealers in the state's.. i traveled 250 miles to mine....

I don't currently own one but I have shot them at the shop I go to. Met the owner of APA. Fantastic guy. Bows shoot great, fast and accurate. Quite a few of the pros (at my shop) use them as target bows as well.
    I would definitely buy an APA when I get tired of my current set up.
    Proud authorized dealer for Ok Archery bows and Carbofast stabilizers.
    DST40 and DST38 (Absolute), DS Advantage Sights and Rests, Carbofast Stabilizers, Stan Just X
    "Tuning can only be relevant if you have consistent form; and if you have consistent form , tuning then becomes irrelevant." Bernie

Would love to see more dealers supporting this brand. I have one(Sidewinder) and have ordered a new one(Mamba T39). In my mind they are by far one of the best bows to shoot, Of all the brands I've tried, to me they are certainly of the best.
    APA Mamba T39 / CBE Target Elite/CBE Scope / DS Advantage Rest
    Staff Shooter
    • Deer Crossing Archery
    • CarboFast Stabilizers