>>> Sign-up deadline 5:00 pm EST February 28, 2014.
PLEASE READ ALL of the rules BEFORE signing up
YES it is getting close to season and chasing those with a is quickly approaching!
1) Everyone who hunts turkey with legal archery equipment in the state they choose to hunt is eligible for entry into this contest including compound, traditional and crossbow equipment.
2) The contest will run March 9 - June 2. If your 2014 spring season starts earlier than March 9 you may score the bird once the scoring thread comes up. Pictures must be posted in the scoring thread by 3:00 pm EDST June 2 in order to count for individual and team points.
3) The team with the most points scored by its members will "win". The 1st place team will have the coveted title of AT Turkey Champs for the 2014 season.
4) The N W T F scoring system will be used for scoring. Please note that if your bird has multiple beards that only the longest one will count and the same thing holds true for the rare multiple spur bird as well.
5) You may enter as many times as you wish but we count your best scoring bird only. It is your responsibility to post your team # and name when checking in a bird.
6) Teams will be randomly assigned with 10 members on each team. Please sign up only if you really think you will turkey hunt with a bow in the spring of 2014. We will build teams of 10 people per team, using a computer program to randomly assign team members. Of course this works best if we get an even multiple of 10 people registered (10, 30, 40, 60, etc.). In the likely event we do not get an even multiple of 10 people (eg 17, 33, 52, 67, etc.), we will take the last several people who registered (by order of registration, beyond the last multiple of 10) and put them into the “last team”. The next several people to sign up on the official thread after “official registration” registration” closes at 5:00 pm EST February 28 (assuming there are any who sign up late) will be placed into the “last team” in the order they sign up so that the “last team” can have a full roster of 10 hunters (this may not happen, in which case the “last team” will play shorthanded). These will be the only exceptions to the “official registration” deadline of [COLOR="#FF0000"]5:00 pm EST February 28[/COLOR (we have to draw a line somewhere to make the administration of the contest manageable – this is not our full time job). If you miss the sign up for this year’s contest don’t worry – in less than a year you will be able to register for next year’s contest!
Again, we will not make substitutions for people who do not actively participate in their team (too much of an administrative headache) or later want to drop out, so be sure you are committed to participating in this before signing up. This is part of the luck of the draw.
7) A picture of your bird along with the archery weapon used must be posted in the league play "2014 AT Turkey Contest Scoring Thread" that will be started after teams are chosen.
8) Rules may be edited if needed and all decisions by the moderation staff helping with this contest are final.
9) If any prizes are donated by the hunting community a list of the companies and individuals donating prizes will be posted and updated as necessary. If you check in a bird you will be eligible for a random drawing of the prizes (they won't be allocated to the winning team).
10) We will start threads in league play for each of the team members to check in. I encourage all teams to pm their team members to get them involved and psyched for the contest.
11) After your team comes up with a name please have one member post the team name in the Turkey Team Name Selection Thread. We will edit the team thread title and put the name into the official score sheet.
12) The final and most important rule is that you must have fun and enjoy every moment in the turkey woods this season!
Beamen123 & Midlife Crisis