a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Ninth Annual AT Turkey Contest 2014 Sign Up Thread and Rules (posted 2/1/14)

Official Ninth Annual AT Turkey Contest 2014 Sign Up Thread and Rules (posted 2/1/14)

>>> Sign-up deadline 5:00 pm EST February 28, 2014.
    PLEASE READ ALL of the rules BEFORE signing up
    YES it is getting close to season and chasing those with a is quickly approaching!

Rules:
    1) Everyone who hunts turkey with legal archery equipment in the state they choose to hunt is eligible for entry into this contest including compound, traditional and crossbow equipment.

2) The contest will run March 9 - June 2. If your 2014 spring season starts earlier than March 9 you may score the bird once the scoring thread comes up. Pictures must be posted in the scoring thread by 3:00 pm EDST June 2 in order to count for individual and team points.

3) The team with the most points scored by its members will "win". The 1st place team will have the coveted title of AT Turkey Champs for the 2014 season.

4) The N W T F scoring system will be used for scoring. Please note that if your bird has multiple beards that only the longest one will count and the same thing holds true for the rare multiple spur bird as well.

5) You may enter as many times as you wish but we count your best scoring bird only. It is your responsibility to post your team # and name when checking in a bird.

6) Teams will be randomly assigned with 10 members on each team. Please sign up only if you really think you will turkey hunt with a bow in the spring of 2014. We will build teams of 10 people per team, using a computer program to randomly assign team members. Of course this works best if we get an even multiple of 10 people registered (10, 30, 40, 60, etc.). In the likely event we do not get an even multiple of 10 people (eg 17, 33, 52, 67, etc.), we will take the last several people who registered (by order of registration, beyond the last multiple of 10) and put them into the “last team”. The next several people to sign up on the official thread after “official registration” registration” closes at 5:00 pm EST February 28 (assuming there are any who sign up late) will be placed into the “last team” in the order they sign up so that the “last team” can have a full roster of 10 hunters (this may not happen, in which case the “last team” will play shorthanded). These will be the only exceptions to the “official registration” deadline of [COLOR="#FF0000"]5:00 pm EST February 28[/COLOR (we have to draw a line somewhere to make the administration of the contest manageable – this is not our full time job). If you miss the sign up for this year’s contest don’t worry – in less than a year you will be able to register for next year’s contest!

Again, we will not make substitutions for people who do not actively participate in their team (too much of an administrative headache) or later want to drop out, so be sure you are committed to participating in this before signing up. This is part of the luck of the draw.

7) A picture of your bird along with the archery weapon used must be posted in the league play "2014 AT Turkey Contest Scoring Thread" that will be started after teams are chosen.

8) Rules may be edited if needed and all decisions by the moderation staff helping with this contest are final.

9) If any prizes are donated by the hunting community a list of the companies and individuals donating prizes will be posted and updated as necessary. If you check in a bird you will be eligible for a random drawing of the prizes (they won't be allocated to the winning team).

10) We will start threads in league play for each of the team members to check in. I encourage all teams to pm their team members to get them involved and psyched for the contest.

11) After your team comes up with a name please have one member post the team name in the Turkey Team Name Selection Thread. We will edit the team thread title and put the name into the official score sheet.

12) The final and most important rule is that you must have fun and enjoy every moment in the turkey woods this season!

Beamen123 & Midlife Crisis
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

I'm in!
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

I'm in
    08 Pse Xforce HF6- 70# @ 29", Winners Choice strings, Limbdriver Pro Rest, Camo TruGlo Micro Brite 3 pin sight, AEP Stabolution 10" camo stab, Apex Gear quiver, Gold Tip Velocity XT 300's @ 29", Spitfire XP PRO 125's, RAGE 2
    blade 125 Chisel tips, Scott Silverhorn
    member of the PSE militia!

im in
    2013 carbon element G3 #71 29"
    easton fmj 525 gr , rage chisel tip 125
    261 fps- momentum-.607 KE-79.33

Count me in

I'm in...
    DCA National Shooting Staff, PM me for 10% off
    High Country Archery Field Staff HIGHCOUNTRYARCHERY.NET
    Archeryshack Strings Field Staff ARCHERYSHACKSTRINGS.COM

TEAM #7 Se7en Pyschopaths

I'm in
    HOYT CRX 32

11-8, best day of the year

Me too!

Im in.. sign me up..
    can't wait
    "Dream Team #17"
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL Black Ops
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech Allegiance Black Marble

I am so in!

I'm in

Put me in!
    Hoyt Maxxis 35
    N.A.P. BloodRunner broadheads
    Carbon Tech Cheetah arrows
    G5 Expert II rest

Im in!
    "If you are 20, and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you are 40, and not conservative, you have no brain." -Winston Churchill

Gen. 21:20- "And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer."

Count me in please

sign me up
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release
    Gold Tip XT Hunters 28.5 in. w/Blazer Vanes and Wraps

im in
    Mathews Z7 Extreme Sword Twilight Hunter

im in
    Hoyt AlphaMax 32 29" 70lbs
    Sword sight
    Treelimb Quiver
    2009-2010 Deer Contest Winners Team 33 The Autumn Assassins
    Team #41 Non - Typicals

I'm in
    '13 Mathews Chill at 27" and 60#
    HHA Sight, QAD HDX Rest, 6" Axion Silencer Stabilizer, Focus Grip
    Maxima Reds tipped with 2 Blade 100 gr. Rage Chisel-Tips

I'm in
    "Game Destroyer" 09 PSE Omen 29/76 | QAD HDX | Trophy Ridge React | 12" Doinker D.I.S.H | Muddy HT-1 .300 .001 495gr w/ Helios Vanes | Grim Reaper Whitetail Special | 311fps 106.4KE
    MY BROTHER IS FINALLY CANCER FREE!!!

OK, I am in! ( I will get my son to join and sign up too!)
    Take Your Son Hunting-
    So You Don' t Have to Hunt for your Son...

I'm in
    HOYT FAKTOR 30, D.C.A. Arrows, Sword Maximus Sight, B-Stinger stabilizer,N.A.P. KILLZONE Broadheads

i'm in...can't wait! Season starts on 3/1

Count me in!
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT 70# @29 in.
    Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak Select 350 @383 gr.
    308 fps 81# KE
    19 Year Old PA Bow Hunter

I'm in
    Huntin With Honor (HWH)
    www.huntinwithhonor.com

I'm in

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast