Thread: Spypoint Xcel 2

Spypoint Xcel 2

Does anyone know anything about this? I had seen on facebook that they were coming out with another camera in April, but this time it has zoom. I was just wanting to know if or where I could get my information as I plan on getting one, not just for turkey and deer hunting this year, but to be able to film my kids out on the lake this summer. After looking at the go pro and this one, I think I am going to get it, but if they have a new one coming with zoom, I will wait on it!

Thanks,

Steve

From what i caught from a spypoint rep talkin to someone else, 4x zoom, has a remote that has really good distance on it, that can turn the camera on from completely off, and of course do record also. Don't quote me. lol
    Bear Motive 6 Shadow
    Team NXG
    Insulin Junky for LIFE

Hi Steve, thank you for your interest in our products. The Xcel-HD2 will be available in April, you can check out the complete catalog of our new products by checking out the following link :
    http://www.spypoint.com/download/HUN...NT_CATALOG.pdf

Let me know if you have any further questions.

That's awesome! Thanks so much for the info. I look forward to getting one and using it to film hunts and family time! Thanks again. When will a price be released?

The complete kit will include a few new accessories along with the camera and will retail for 349.99$.

Wow! That's pretty good only 100 bucks more for an upgraded camera and new accessories! I will be getting one of these. When it comes to trail cameras spypoint is the only way to go!

I cant wait. I like the 4x zoom option. The other specs look good also. I will have to get one. I see Midwayusa and Crazybuckshuntingsupplies has a spot for them but says out of stock. I still have my reservations about spypoints CS. I dont hear good things. Just hope I dont have to send it back for anything. I really like the direction the company is going and ideas they have for their products. Just hope they step up the CS.

Not good ! April came and went. Its June and still waiting.... Also they are bad about answering ?'s on their FB page. I still want to check this Cam out when ever it comes out.

Do you guys like the Spypoint X-Cel HD graphics on video as well as the GoPros?

Anybody have any luck on getting their hands on one of these yet?????

yeah I got mine a long time ago, like around June 20th. I love it. Its pretty sweet, takes really good video and pictures. I can't wait to use it. You cant zoom in 1080p, but you can in 720p which doesn't bother me, because I have a hard time telling the difference in the two. They are both HD. Overall, though its a sweet little camera and I was really impressed with sound quality. Now with the case on it, that dramatically reduces sound quality, but that's with any camera like this.
    Mathews Creed: Easton bloodlines Rage chisel tips Tru Glo tru tech quiver, Tru Glo deadenator stabilizer, Tru Glo drop away rest, Tru Glo AC Range Rover single pin sight and Tru Glo nitrus BOA release.

Thanks for the info! Where did you get it and did the kit come with the bow mount?

I'm still playing with mine and learning it. Make sure you get the HD 2. That's the newer one with the 1x-4x zoom. The HD2 comes in a sporting series and a hunting series. The hunting series comes with the bow mount, a coup mount for shotgun or rifle/mzl. And a head strap mount. I got the sporting series on accident and was not able to return it. I had to buy the head strap separate/ $25 shipped . It fits nicely over a beanie, or boonie hat which is what I wear. I favor this over the bow mount. If I see something I want to film, I power up and everything I look at is being filmed, also it will film me pulling an arrow out of my quiver, nocking it, clipping my release on my string loop and so where mounted on your bow it would not. Also avoids release vibration .
    The zoom feature isn't super huge but 30 yards or less which is most of my bow hunting set ups it's good .

I got mine from bowhuntersuperstore.com but I saw they took the hunting edition down. You can buy the HD 2 at bass pro cabelas anywhere like that. They are 349.99. I got mine off that site for 280. So I don't know if they got into trouble and had to take it down because it was 70 bucks cheaper than anyone else. I like the head strap as well I have not shot my bow with the camera yet. I plan on testing it out this weekend on my bow and with the headstrap as I shoot.
    Mathews Creed: Easton bloodlines Rage chisel tips Tru Glo tru tech quiver, Tru Glo deadenator stabilizer, Tru Glo drop away rest, Tru Glo AC Range Rover single pin sight and Tru Glo nitrus BOA release.

OK gang, Got mine ordered today can't wait.

Hoyt for life, As far as the head strap, I love the idea but how do you know you are pointing in the right direction every time?

Barry

I just took my 3 year old squirrel hunting and used the scope mount. Very cool only killed one but can see it dropping out of tree plus got stills of me and my boy. I'm telling u I love this camera. image.jpg