a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: We can have some fun on this one:-)

We can have some fun on this one:-)

Lots of hybrid and one off stuff floating around:-)
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

I currently have 5 recurve crossbows, none of them stock. I don't do this just to have something different but rather to have crossbows that suit my needs.....,.(and wants:-). I have Ten Point ACUdraws on 3 of them, 2 of which do not use the cocking sled. All 5 now have shortened scope rails, shortened, HHA Optimizers and small light weight Zeiss Z-Point reflex sights or Zeiss Compact Point holo sights. 2 have single stage TriggerTech Triggers and the rest have Middleton auto safety triggers, all of which are miles ahead of the stock Excal trigger.

One of my favorites is what's remaining of my Vortex. I loved that crossbow......shot some 3D shoots and killed some deer with it. As I worked towards smaller and lighter weight recurves, the Vortex slowly grew :-) into an albatross....too big, too heavy and too much shot vibration with those long heavy limbs. I had the Vortex barrel machined to a shorter length, the forward angled riser machined to flat, did away with the Excal limb vibration dissapators, switched out the limbs for shorter and lighter weight 355 Middleton SS limbs and installed the TriggerTech single stage trigger. the ACUDraw crankcocker was already installed on the Vortex several years ago. Initially I thought about sending the Middleton limbs for coating to match the stock but changed my mind and left them a satin black. The bow now shoots 325 fps with my 403 grain arrows, 10 fps faster than before, it's much quieter and smoother shooting and, God willing, it will be lying next to a buck on the ground this coming fall. The only additional modification it will get is a Middleton auto safety trigger. I like my Vortex/Middleton hybrid better than ever. It's a keeper
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

You have 5 crossbows, man that must be nice fun to be able to take your pick and have a crossbow for any of your needs, wow, good for man. I have a 2010 Equinox but my next one that I would love to be able to get would be the Matrix 330 or even the Matrix 355 no higher, but that won't be anytime soon. Some day tghough when I can afford another on I would like the newer Matrix because they are just so much easier to hold and they feel so much more well balanced especially for me I found with my bad back. Are yours cut down in length and have accessories been removed?
    Thanks,
    Raymond

Yes, the Vortex barrel was shortened 2".

The Matrix 330 should be a popular model....easier to cock, shorter and not as loud shooting. In the Middleton line of SS's, the 315, 335 and 355 are right in the sweet spot:-)
    MOON

moon has way more than five xbows........... just 5 recurves cmon moon how many others are you hoarding?????

Not as many as I had a couple years ago:-) I'm down to 9 right now. I just can't be content with just one:-). It's a curse I guess......a good curse .......if there is such a thing.
    MOON

And my wife thought I was stupid because at one time I had 7 sets of golf clubs . . .
    You can't fix stupid
    PSE Bow Madness, Easton ACC, Armortech sight, bunch of other crap
    Scropyd Silver Ventilator 125, Tapps, Hawke SR IR
    Barnett Recruit, Black Eagle Executioner bolts
    Trojan Shooting Staff