a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission MXB Dagger

Mission MXB Dagger

Has anyone other than me have a Dagger on order?

I don't but I'm sure thinking hard on one. Considering the MXB 320 also, only 1 in. longer and 2/10 of a pound more. Shoots around 320 with 400 gr.22in. bolt and the Dagger is 340 with 385gr. 20 in. bolt. Probably not a lot more fps with the Dagger? I'm thinking 10 or so. Is it worth the $200 more???? Any how I think both are great bows. I'm shooting a TenPoint now and it is nice but heavy and loud. Having shot the MXB-320 it is very quiet compared to my bow.

Never got to shoot the Dagger but shot the MXB 320 and really liked it. Was between the Mission or Ten Point. I am also a big Mathews fan so it was a no brainer for me. I also was told from the guys who shot the Dagger at the Mathews show that it shot great so I ordered it. This will be my first xbow for me. New law in Wisconsin so have to buy a new toy.

No, i am hopin to get down to the local Dealer that allows you to shoot a Demo next week. I have handled the 320 twas decent but the Dealer in my area doesn't allow them to be shot. I willhave o go back down to shoot Dagger prior to me decidind which to purchase. $600 or $800 is alot of money but thats all i can afford. So the 360 & 400 are out of my budget. 15gr diff in arrow weight is about 3-4 fps diff, so figure the Dagger isabout 16-17 fps faster & that would be a plus
    Kong Matrix 405 Fast Strong n Deadly
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

Trying to figure out who stated that the Dagger was tested with a 385 grain arrow. Cant find it listed anywhere stating that other than hear say

Found it on Draves video.

this poacher made a video

seen that no mention of 385 grain arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jawi. View Post
    I don't but I'm sure thinking hard on one. Considering the MXB 320 also, only 1 in. longer and 2/10 of a pound more. Shoots around 320 with 400 gr.22in. bolt and the Dagger is 340 with 385gr. 20 in. bolt. Probably not a lot more fps with the Dagger? I'm thinking 10 or so. Is it worth the $200 more???? Any how I think both are great bows. I'm shooting a TenPoint now and it is nice but heavy and loud. Having shot the MXB-320 it is very quiet compared to my bow.
    I have the MXB-320 and it is Awesome! I started to get the Dagger but it wasn't worth it IMO.
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo (For Sale $750 November 21st),
    2015 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT (on order)
    Trijicon Sights and Meopta Glass
    MXB-320 Crossbow
    Bear Grizzly 50#, Stryker TDL 53#

Quote Originally Posted by smokepolehall View Post
    No, i am hopin to get down to the local Dealer that allows you to shoot a Demo next week. I have handled the 320 twas decent but the Dealer in my area doesn't allow them to be shot. I willhave o go back down to shoot Dagger prior to me decidind which to purchase. $600 or $800 is alot of money but thats all i can afford. So the 360 & 400 are out of my budget. 15gr diff in arrow weight is about 3-4 fps diff, so figure the Dagger isabout 16-17 fps faster & that would be a plus
    Doesnt allow you shoot it? Doesn't sound likehe would sell many like that!
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo (For Sale $750 November 21st),
    2015 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT (on order)
    Trijicon Sights and Meopta Glass
    MXB-320 Crossbow
    Bear Grizzly 50#, Stryker TDL 53#

Quote Originally Posted by jmack73 View Post
    Doesnt allow you shoot it? Doesn't sound likehe would sell many like that!
    X's 2 I would find a different dealer.
    Is it November yet?

so I must be the only one that has ordered one

Not many x-bows sold in Mo. only disabled ppl. can use them. I have to renew my 5 yr permit this Fall. They don't have lifetime permits even fer totally disabled like i am
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

won't be long . Lot of states are changing that

smoke pole check the new regs., xbows are allowed in the spring turkey season this spring and you can also use the crossbow during rifle and alternative methods portion in Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by buckstop515 View Post
    smoke pole check the new regs., xbows are allowed in the spring turkey season this spring and you can also use the crossbow during rifle and alternative methods portion in Mo.
    heard about the turkeys but i have hunted 5 yrs & never saw but 2 turkeys on my place. So fer me thats a waste of time, wish they would go full inclusion fer deer huntin this Fall! Thar be many in this state that would show their ignorance wantin to fight anyone who used oneto hunt wid in archery season
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

Dealer said Dagger is comin in March. I will go shoot the 320 & then the Dagger when it comes in. Then i shall make my decision,i amleanin towards the 340 fps Dagger
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

It would look good in your man cave

I wish the stock was a bit longer on my mxb320. It fits but I have the stock full back. An optional lengthened stock piece would be a great option for longer armed people.

Quote Originally Posted by buckstop515 View Post
    I wish the stock was a bit longer on my mxb320. It fits but I have the stock full back. An optional lengthened stock piece would be a great option for longer armed people.
    Shouldn't be hard to attach a properly trimmed gun stock pad onto it. The back portion of the stock comes off so one could even screw it on from the inside. Or, perhaps even a slip-on like this: http://www.amazon.com/LimbSaver-Slip.../dp/B000W8FOME
    Last edited by Cossack2; February 23rd, 2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: fat fingers
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

I love my mission dagger !
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think it's Mathews' best effort yet but I'm biased to small and lightweight hunting crossbows. This little crossbow rocks. They missed the bar a bit on advertised speed (10 to 15 fps). From testing the Dagger I had, it would take about a 365 grain arrow to achieve their advertised speed.
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

Well I shot a 375 grain arrow out of it this weekend and got 341fps. We also got in a bunch of the new 20'' bolts today so I screwed in a 100grain tip and weighed it and it was 407 grains. I didn't shoot it through the chrono but at that weight there is no way it will be anywhere near it's advertised speed. I almost forgot to mention that it was as quiet with the light arrow as it is with a 22'' stock bolt.

I really Like the Dagger..held it at dealer yesterday.Im gonna buy one soon.Very well made and impressive.Had the mxb 360 and 320 already.The dagger is just right!
    "Good To Go"
    Scorpyd Orion 150 loaded
    Excal Matrix 330, 355 & 380 loaded
    Hickory Creek 90# &125# Inline xbows
    Micro 335 Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast