Archery Talk Forum banner

Thumb release choice

550 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  pjcohen 
#1 ·
Im not having a lot of success finding thumb releases to borrow/try out before purchasing. this could be a spendy experiment...l0ol

#2 ·
Its the same way with bows around here. There's a few dealers around, but none have a big inventory of bows. I've been trying to find a Hoyt Pro Comp Elite with Spirals to shoot for the last couple days and can't find one anywhere. All the Hoyt dealers say they can order me one if I want it. I hate to buy anything without at least holding it first. I don't like ordering a brand new bow and paying full price for one just to see what it looks and feels like. That's a big reason I've started utilizing the classifieds here. If I'm gonna have to order something anyway...I might as well save a few hundred by buying used, and then having it shipped straight to me.

Good luck on your release endeavors. That's one alley I've not ventured down much; if you can ever make it to one of the big ASA, IBO, or Regions tournaments...they will have vendors at them and you can get to play with a lot of the releases, stabilizers, etc.

#4 ·
I shoot the Carter Simple 1 and love it.

What I have found to be most important in a thumb release is how it feels in your hand.

If you go to a local shoot and ask around I'll bet you will find a lot of folks willing to let you try theirs.

#7 ·
You can find them used for half of retail. If there was some mechanical issue with them both Stan and carter have excellent CS. I would suggest Carter myself. The Stan bodies were thinner and not as comfortable for me.

#11 ·
stans are awesome love mine, as for size idk. My figers are kinda thick and my hand fits the medium fine. But if your in doubt id probably grab a large

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.