a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: longest shot you ever made on a deer

Boy some of you guys take some really long shots. I can practice that far but too many things can go wrong on a long distance shot.
    40 yards with a crossbow
    35 yards with a compound

Shot a doe at 40 yards with 1 3/8 grim reaper out of a z7. Found dead 30 yards away.

40 yards, z7, FMJ tipped with killzone, double lung.
    I never lie, because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid. - John Gotti

nice, didn't know you could get that distance up there. Thought it was all timber? Went to school in Wanakena, NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Regan View Post
    40 yards, z7, FMJ tipped with killzone, double lung.

52 yards in the woods on my 136 net 10 pt. Nov 1st 2012. He bust me at 25 and I was hell bent on givin him the shaft! Dead in about 60 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Shoote View Post
    nice, didn't know you could get that distance up there. Thought it was all timber? Went to school in Wanakena, NY.
    i hunt a little more north in the seaway valleye (farm country, really)

But yes South Colton through to Wanakena is BIG timber. You could get so very lost if your not careful, like lost enough to never be seen again lol..
    I never lie, because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid. - John Gotti

50 yds Grizztrick 2 and recovered the deer about 60yds from the shot. I wouldn't do it again though. I got lucky.
    2012 Obsession Lethal Force 65#- QAD HDX -HHA XL5519-NAP Apache stab

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Gen 27:3 KJV

45 yards from a tree stand, largest doe to date. NAP Killzone, she never saw it coming and never made it to 20yards.
    Mathews Heli-M LH 28" Draw/70lbs
    NAP QuicTune 2100 DropAway Rest/NAP Stabilizer
    Piledriver Hunter 350/Goldtip 5575
    Magnus Stinger 100g/NAP Killzone/NAP Spitfire
    There are 2 seasons...hunting season and getting ready for hunting season

41 yards... I don't like to go anything past 40.
    Mathews Creed
    HHO Optimizer 5019
    Beman ICS Hunter 400
    NAP SpitFire Maxx
    Rip Cord Code Red

40 yards. Center punched
    Team 11- Caped & Quartered

Yes, we're just that good.

52 Yards,heart shot, Pse X-force Omen..61 lbs,shooting Easton axis n fused 400's tipped with 100 gr Gravedigger heads....Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

23 yards. Everything else has been 3-21yards
    Shoot what makes you happy.

20 yards
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

28 yards, my first bow buck in 2010. Rage 2 blade, he went less than 30 yards & fell asleep.

43 yards with st mags. Ran thirty yards... I've missed further and closer shots, some In my stupid youth days when I just poked and prayed..
    2011 carbon matrix
    Ripcord code red
    Sword twilight hunter
    easton axis arrows
    100 gr. slick tricks

all of these were taken with a pse evo, 67 pounds at 30.5 inch draw with 385 grain gt pro hunters
    wyoming mule deer 89 yards with slick trick- pass through double lung, went 50 yards
    wyoming elk with shuttle t-lock at 64 yards- high lung shot, went a little over 100 yards
    wyoming mule deer at 58 yards with slick trick- quartering away and hit right behind the front shoulder, only got 1 lung and watched it go about 300 yards and bed up and died in about a half hour

these 2 were shot with a evo max at 79 pounds at 30.5 inch draw with 523 grain fmj 300s
    wyoming elk at 73 yards with shuttle t-lock, slightly quartering to me, hit right in the shoulder and the arrow went up to the fletching, bull went 300 yards even though the arrow was still stuck through the heart.
    utah mule deer at 53 yards with shuttle t-locks. This deer was quartering away but i hit it a few inches back from center of the deer and one blade clipped the liver. the deer went and bedded up. we snuck up to it and spooked it and it ran to 102 yards and stopped. the 2nd arrow hit it perfect and passed through and the deer ran about 50 more yards and fell over.

I dont always like to take these shots, but if the wind is right, i dont have a problem shooting animals at distance. I practice way past these distances and feel very comfortable shooting this far. All animals that i have shot at distance have been recovered. The bows today are extremely accurate and can make these shots if you practice.

35 yards. Two does crossing a small meadow. Shot the lead one slightly quartering-away. They both took off like I missed, ran 30 yards and stopped and stared at each like "what the hell was that?" Three seconds later the one I shot at wobbled and keeled over. The other one wouldn't leave until I walked with 10' of her. Would have arrowed her, too, but it was mid-September and about 95 degrees. One was enough!

Team 39- Pass-Thru Posse
    2011 PSE X-Force Dream Season Evo in black/camo; AAE DOA drop-away rest
    HHA OL-5019 sight; 1/4" Red Eye Peep; Spot-Hogg Saturday Night Special release
    27" Easton XX78 2314's with NAP Twisters and wraps; 125 grain Magnus Snuffers

45 yards on a doe . Nap shockwave complete pass through, deer jumped took two steps waved tail and fell dead.

58 yards on a fall turkey during deer season, nap shockwave. Stone cold stunnered it! Lol no track job there
    Leviticus 26:12 "I walk among you". Read from my Jack Miner band. Killed on a greenhead jan 5th 2014. Means way more to me than a 200 inch deer

45 yards whitetail doe with Rage 2 blade pass thru double lung and went about 40 yards
    38 yards 10 pt Montana whitetail buck with rage 2 blade ran less than 10 yards
    62 yards Montana Antelope Slick Trick 100 didn't get pass thru but went in to the fletchings ran maybe 60 yards

The Antelope was feeding in a pasture with about 100 of his friends and I was in a dry irrigation ditch, there was a 4 ft fence around the pasture with 2 open gates at either end. After I shot, every Antelope ran thru one of the open gates, none of them would jump the fence and the one I shot never made it thru the gate. I had no idea that they wouldn't jump a fence, it just really surprised me.
    2009 Admiral 60#, 27" draw, HHA Optimizer, Limb Driver Pro, B Stinger
    2014 Bowtech Experience 60#, Limb Driver Pro V, HHA Optimizer, B stinger, Easton Carbon Injexions

50 yards, Muzzy 3 Blade. she didn't go far at all.
    MATHEWS HELIM

KTM 250 XC

42 yards shot a doe in the lungs with a Muzzy Mx3 she ran towards my stand about 30 yards and piled up in front of me less than 20 yards from my tree stand .
    Our children are our future fathers. Teaching children archery makes them humble with a strong sense of pride. Take time to help them grow . Take a child to a local archery shop and let them start shooting.

33yds rage hypo passthrough went 20yds blood everywhere
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

About 1-2 yards...... I repell down from my stand and kill the deer with a piece of broken glass, deer run to the tailgate of my truck and expire. Top that one!
    ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ....

Last year I was 12 and it was my first year ever hunting and a shot a doe at about 30 yards with a New Archery Products Thunderhead.
    I didn't retreive it and I hope the coyotes ripped up their mouths on the broadhead.
    Diamond Infinite Edge
    Barnett Raptor FX

73 yards with a steelhead ran 20yards and piled up
    2011 Hoyt CRX32
    Spott Hogg- Hogg It Sight
    Trophy Taker Drop Away
    >>>---------Let ONE Fly---------->

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast