a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Giant Coyote

Dude is also standing/sitting in a ditch.

"This is this. This ain't something else. This is this."

QUOTE=Yooper-travler;1069458712]Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. gutxpile don't shine shoes anymore.[/QUOTE]

Classic,,,,, LOL keep him here. I'll be right back , keep him here...
    [B]Yoohoo. I'll make you famous! [/B][{The world was just too big for OB. The funniest part was how his fan club turned on him. It was like a pack of carnivorous animals. }

Quote Originally Posted by mccoppinb View Post
    How much would you really say as I know very little about them other than the effect they have on fawns
    Haven't heard to much on fawn predation, but they do play hell on the southern "large black cat" population.

Imo. It's a werewolf. See the thing is it was killed right before transformation back to a man

How much would you really say as I know very little about them other than the effect they have on fawns
    one thing to remember they are fur bags lol so not as big as they look , so 40 ish give or take . A decent size song dog but not a huge one .

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper-travler View Post
    Haven't heard to much on fawn predation, but they do play hell on the southern "large black cat" population.
    Oh come on we all know there are panthers in them woods !! I've seen the pictures on the intanet and that french dude said everything on the net is true!!! Randy
    They were the Good Old Days because we were young then! Either that or the world just keeps getting worse !

The sad thing about life is that no matter what I do I can't get out of it Alive !!

I don't even think that it is that large. Its going to look larger just cause of the thick hair for this time of year and his hair is standing on end from bristlin' up.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyboy View Post
    QUOTE=Yooper-travler;1069458712]Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. gutxpile don't shine shoes anymore.
    Classic,,,,, LOL keep him here. I'll be right back , keep him here...[/QUOTE]

"There's a shovel at my mother's".

We shoot anywhere between 12-20 Coyotes a year and we have never killed one over 60lbs.
    Mathews Switchback XT
    SlickTrick 100 Grain Magnums

Biggest ive ever got on Camera what do yall think he goes. He is pretty big for south carolina
    Attachment 1881280
    I couldn't guess weight, that very well could be a red wolf... I hear about taking them in south carolina
    Elite Energy 35 84lbs 30" Easton FMJ 510 grains 293fps
    Hoyt Buffalo Recurve 71lbs @ 30" Beman Nightfall 300s
    Bowtech Tribute 104lbs 30" Easton FMJ Dangerous Game 250

Camera tricks aside, that is one nice looking dog. Definitely got a sharp looking coat, but probably no more than 50# there.
    2013 Bear Encounter, Whisker Biscuit, Dead Nuts SoloShot
    2013 Mathews Monster MR8, QAD Ultra Rest, Axion Vue

stupid pic
    Kwik-Strap ProStaff....... kinda
    Quote Originally Posted by Standbanger View Post
    Pinski you are the Archery innovator of the decade.
    Vortex Optics
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...post1061263717 The Great Mongrel Thread

It's caught in a trap and the dude is sitting about 20' behind. OP I hope you are trolling and not serious.
    Unabashed crossbow bashing elitist, and proud of it.

A 185 pound yote would most likely destroy that trap. It looks like a N.2 duke or victor that is 2 coiled without any other modifications. A coyote is a devil on a trap and one that size would would be like a hurricane in a ball. Also its paws would be huge! I have seen a lot and the biggest was 57 pounds so I call B.S. also lol

That picture represents the proper use of a very small aperture,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by RCL View Post
    Good one!!!!!
    09 Reezen 7.0 50-60lb 28",Acc 3-49',HHA,doinker-hunting
    11 CRX 35 fusion red, 50-60lb 28",viper,sureloc,fusion stabs-3D
    06 Conquest 3 50-60lb 28",vibracheck,TH3'4x-Dots

"When they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"

Quote Originally Posted by GutxPile View Post
    I just saw it this morning on Facebook. After looking throughout the posts, the weight dropped to 175#. But that has still got me thinking...***?
    this is a 175 lb dog that pic on here is not
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

the initial internet story was a 150lb coyote.......Well, it was verified as a gray wolf by DNA sample but didn't even make 100Lb..http://fox2now.com/2014/01/15/hunter...tral-missouri/ we love to make things bigger and badder than they are.
    "crackerized" '06,'07 Tributes:wife,kids,dogs,: !everybody needs a new EXperience!!?? not necessarily in that order
    "At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his thumb with a hammer."
    I wish I was at http://www.lagunavistaranch.com/contact.html(Jed is out of Crown)

Quote Originally Posted by pa.hunter View Post
    they can get that big let naysayers talk . snoop this one if you like, killed in new york and its real .
    Wasn't that a real pet?
    '12 Elite Answer 60#

Classic Bill Dance pose

Quote Originally Posted by fatsbucknut View Post
    Classic Bill Dance pose
    Hey man be careful talking about Bill he can hold his own in a pond lol
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

Quote Originally Posted by rcmjr View Post
    the initial internet story was a 150lb coyote.......Well, it was verified as a gray wolf by DNA sample but didn't even make 100Lb..http://fox2now.com/2014/01/15/hunter...tral-missouri/ we love to make things bigger and badder than they are.
    The animal in the news story is a wolf the one at the beginning of this thread is a Yote and not a a huge one . Randy
    They were the Good Old Days because we were young then! Either that or the world just keeps getting worse !

The sad thing about life is that no matter what I do I can't get out of it Alive !!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksliver View Post
    Wasn't that a real pet?
    Wolf dog hybrid, wasn't killed in NY either. I don't believe it was over 100#'s either.

Camera trick or not, I have to differ with those saying that isn't a big animal in the picture. I am not saying its anywhere near whatever weight it said, but if you take the guy out of the picture all together, that still looks like a darn big animal to me. Just my opinion, but compared to the yotes I see, that thing is big.

Look at the trap compared to the coyote. I would bet money it doesn't reach 50 lbs. probably closer to 40. I've physically had my hands on 150 or so coyotes in the last 3 years. And have put lots on a scale. My biggest is 53 lbs.
    Invasion CPX 70lb 29.5"
    Gravediggers on Axis 300's
    Team #18 DEADLOCK

Quote Originally Posted by robampton View Post
    Camera trick or not, I have to differ with those saying that isn't a big animal in the picture. I am not saying its anywhere near whatever weight it said, but if you take the guy out of the picture all together, that still looks like a darn big animal to me. Just my opinion, but compared to the yotes I see, that thing is big.
    The camera is close and at ground level, the coyote is on a dirt mound so the ground behind him is much lower. It makes the coyote look bigger.

I started hunting and trapping coyotes with my dad around 1977 or 1978, I've had my hands on hundreds of coyotes. If they showed a picture of this coyote skinned out you'd be surprised how skinny he is. The coats on many coyotes make them look pretty stocky, but once you skin it there's really not much to the body. I bet that coyote is closer to 40lbs than 50lbs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast