a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Diet....

Paleo Diet....

So I've been hearing more and more about the Paleo diet.... Apparently out caveman ancestors were models of health and nutritious eating? These are the same fellas that lived to a ripe old age of 25, right? If you decide to eat healthy you don't need to do it under the guise that you're following a "caveman" diet.

I constantly hear of how GMOs, vaccines, processed foods etc cause cancer and yet were living longer and healthier than ever..... Then I hear that certain diseases (autism etc.) are at an all time high.... Nobody wants to realize that our ability to diagnose disease has never been more advanced. It's very likely there has always been similar rates of most diseases and they simply weren't recognized.

Not sure where I was going with this topic but a little common sense would go a long ways in today's society.

UH.....OK. Thanks?

You are not factoring in things like better healthcare that allows us to overcome things that would otherwise kill us. I'm no health nut, but would certainly like to enjoy my retirement years being active and doing things I enjoy rather than just exist and be kept alive with medication and medical procedures. Therefore I do what I can to keep myself healthy now to reap the benefits later. Your choice.

like most things its all about moderation I too like the idea of a more natural diet, But I also like pizza so do what makes you happy.

I've been on a 90% version of the paleo for 5 weeks. Went from 24% body fat to 18.4%. Over all lost 7 lbs but what is startling is that I added 5 lbs of muscle and dropped over 12 of fat. Trying to stay away from processed foods, sugars, and carbs.

On week 4 of 6 Paleo challenge with my Crossfit gym right now and have lost 8 pounds overall. haven't had a body fat calc yet but i know its improving. After the "challenge" is over, Ill still eat mostly Paleo (have been for awhile anyway). The idea of eating clean, natural foods and avoiding the processed junk of today's world just makes sense. Our bodies were meant to eat natural foods, not the stuff that fills most of the stores these days.

The longevity issue is always brought up by people who don't like/understand the Paleo diet concept. Yes, ancient cavemen only lived to be 25-40 years old. But it wasn't diet holding them back. it was a lack of medication, living outside in extreme conditions, fighting for survival against predators, etc.
    2013 Mathews Tactical Creed
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

I'm paleo with grains and dairy :-)
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

Its not like caveman were Paleo by choice. If they had access to Dunkin Donuts we wouldn't be talking about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Its not like caveman were Paleo by choice. If they had access to Dunkin Donuts we wouldn't be talking about this.
    I don't know... That would make me more likely to go paleo. "Back off man, I can have as many chocolate covered jelly donuts as I want. After all, it's paleo."
    Black Widow PSA
    Easton XX75 2219
    Simmons Treesharks

Quote Originally Posted by jkm97 View Post
    I don't know... That would make me more likely to go paleo. "Back off man, I can have as many chocolate covered jelly donuts as I want. After all, it's paleo."
    They had chocolate covered mammoth with some paleo flavored Doritos
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

so much fail and stupidity in the op, i'm not even sure where to begin...

perhaps you should take your own advice and demonstrate a little common sense before you start blabbing about how much you think you know about something.

and yes dmax, chocolate covered mammoth is delicious

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post

I didn't wanna say it. Tooneces made me
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

Quote Originally Posted by DMAX-HD View Post
    I didn't wanna say it. Tooneces made me
    I just showed you the way, you chose to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you're like morpheus. if the matrix was a fried, sugar coated circle of dough.

I'm fairly certain the flour for that doughnut came a field plowed by cows that were rescued from a cow-fight-club by nuns and only eat virgin grass that's grown in a remote Siberian pasture - and only on Mondays and Thursday. The rest of the time the mediate and read scriptures.

So I really don't see any problems?
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

you're like morpheus. if the matrix was a fried, sugar coated circle of dough.
    Negative, if the matrix is a fried sugar coated circle of dough, give me the Blue Pill please, I am staying.

Feel free to follow Morpheus down the Paleo rabbit hole at your own risk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you are "the one"

you are "the one"
    matrix.jpg
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

Out of control thread..... lots of info about this on the internet time to start reading and form your own opinion.

so much fail and stupidity in the op, i'm not even sure where to begin...

perhaps you should take your own advice and demonstrate a little common sense before you start blabbing about how much you think you know about something.

I guess my point was that one choosing to eat healthy doesn't need to be modeled after the "caveman" diet. How about describing it as a diet modeled after the most scientifically accurate dietary information mankind has ever known. Since I'm promoting the consumption of "processed foods" and you're the know it all you can explain to me how to define exactly what that means.

p.s. Don't mash those acorns with a mortar and pestle.... Don't wanna "process" them.

Enjoy your scurvy and beriberi you crazy cavemen.

just eat food. it isn't that difficult. if it came in a box or a wrapper, it probably isn't food. if you can't pronounce the ingredients, it isn't food. avoid seed/veggie oils. avoid gluten containing grains. consume dairy if you tolerate it. ancestral health isn't low carb, so don't get sucked in to eating nothing but steak and salads. consume organ meats like liver once a week. avoid O6 fats and polyunsaturated fats. don't go overboard with 03 supplementation, as many of the supplements there are nothing but rancid oil anyway.

you're the one here who doesn't know what he is talking about, perhaps you have some sort of vitamin deficiency? or maybe you should do your nutritional research in places other than msn.com?

Being a crossfit trainer, this is where you hear the most about the Paleo and Zone diets. I would suggest the Paleo diet for anyone that is wanting to do a 90 day challenge to lean out. BUT, this is NOT a long term healthy diet. Your body needs some carbs...I would suggest following up a Paleo challenge with a good whole food diet with lean meats, grains, fruits, nuts, and veggies. I use the thought of "Did it exist 100 years ago?"...if not then I don't need it. Remove the "processed" portion from your diet and do all of your shopping on the perimeter of the store and stay out of the ISLES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSchmidt View Post
    Being a crossfit trainer, this is where you hear the most about the Paleo and Zone diets. I would suggest the Paleo diet for anyone that is wanting to do a 90 day challenge to lean out. BUT, this is NOT a long term healthy diet. Your body needs some carbs...I would suggest following up a Paleo challenge with a good whole food diet with lean meats, grains, fruits, nuts, and veggies. I use the thought of "Did it exist 100 years ago?"...if not then I don't need it. Remove the "processed" portion from your diet and do all of your shopping on the perimeter of the store and stay out of the ISLES!!!
    well since it isn't innately a low carb diet, it seems like a perfectly healthy diet actually. it's ill-informed idiots who make it a low carb diet. paleo is in no way, shape or form the atkins diet.

well since it isn't innately a low carb diet, it seems like a perfectly healthy diet actually. it's ill-informed idiots who make it a low carb diet. paleo is in no way, shape or form the atkins diet.
    How do you figure? Minus the carbs from veggies and very little fruits the Paleo diet is ZERO CARBS. Thats the intent of it....it is transforming your body from a CARB (sugar) to an animal fat burner for energy. I agree our bodies burn animal fat for energy better and more effecient than sugar but it is chemically hard on your body to do a long term strict Paleo diet.

Quote Originally Posted by KSchmidt View Post
    How do you figure? Minus the carbs from veggies and very little fruits the Paleo diet is ZERO CARBS. Thats the intent of it....it is transforming your body from a CARB (sugar) to an animal fat burner for energy. I agree our bodies burn animal fat for energy better and more effecient than sugar but it is chemically hard on your body to do a long term strict Paleo diet.
    when you step away from what msn.com is telling you about the paleo diet, you'll see that ancestral eating isn't and shouldn't be low carb by any means. most "paleo" primitive cultures based the majority of their diets on starchy tubers and fruits and vegetables. which is moderate to high carb eating. with the exception of inuit culture, you'd be hard pressed to find very many low-carb societies anywhere on the earth.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast