Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Diet....

Ins't the Paleo diet based on natural type foods? it's not so much low carb but no processed flour ( as the paleo cultures wouldn't have had grains processed down tot what we have now) (?)

Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

The "real" Paleo diet is not what some here think they know what it is. Paleolithic Era was before the Agriculture Era. Thus prior to vegs, tubers, and all grains. THUS all your carbs. A completely strict Paleo diet is very very very low CARBS. Contrary to what people here are saying. It is meats (any kind not just lean...animal fat and more animal fat including all the Bacon you want. Eat all the animal fat you can.), fish, nuts, berries, seeds, roots, etc. All very very low in carbs....when I was following the Paleo diet strictly my carb intake was below 100 grams a day with most days near 25 grams. You will know you are on the Paleo diet around day 15 with you feel as if your body is detoxing....detoxing from sugar (carbs).

Uh oh, I sense a Paleolithic rumble coming...beware of flying sharpened sticks.

x2... ready for the show

<note: even though that looks like a lil man eating popcorn it's really seeds and bark>
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Vector 32 - Bone Collector
    Hoyt Spyder 30

Quote Originally Posted by DMAX-HD View Post
    x2... ready for the show

<note: even though that looks like a lil man eating popcorn it's really seeds and bark>
    Seeds and bark kettle corn style I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by KSchmidt View Post
    The "real" Paleo diet is not what some here think they know what it is. Paleolithic Era was before the Agriculture Era. Thus prior to vegs, tubers, and all grains. THUS all your carbs. A completely strict Paleo diet is very very very low CARBS. Contrary to what people here are saying. It is meats (any kind not just lean...animal fat and more animal fat including all the Bacon you want. Eat all the animal fat you can.), fish, nuts, berries, seeds, roots, etc. All very very low in carbs....when I was following the Paleo diet strictly my carb intake was below 100 grams a day with most days near 25 grams. You will know you are on the Paleo diet around day 15 with you feel as if your body is detoxing....detoxing from sugar (carbs).
    Somebody done lied to you son. I'm not even going to touch this one. Sorry fellas, but you can put your popcorn away. I suggest you do a little more research than what they told you down at the crossfit box

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Seeds and bark kettle corn style I hope.
    Is there another way....?
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30

I too am going to refrain from particiating in this show. Lol also this has not been told from some local box. This is why I am hesitant to posting on this site in general. I stumbled earlier by posting here. No Friday night show from me fellas! ��

Remember everyone, no veggies or tubers before agriculture. Lol

dude, your understanding of ancestral eating is very pedestrian. A lot more info is available now then what was previously available. You may have been up to speed back in the day, but times have changed. Paleo isn't about eating as much fat as you can. And humans didn't just invent tubers and veggies during the agricultural revolution. You do know that tubers ARE roots, right? Paleolithic people probably also consumed some grains. Not processed in to bread or rolls, but if they saw other animals eating them, they'd eat them too. We didn't magically invent wheat or barley one day. I'd recommend some further study on evolutionary anthropology and maybe browsing some paleo sites as well. The wealth of information out there now is a lot different than the original book cordain wrote all those years ago

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Somebody done lied to you son. I'm not even going to touch this one. Sorry fellas, but you can put your popcorn away. I suggest you do a little more research than what they told you down at the crossfit box
    How do you know somebody didn't lie you about the paleo diet?

Please give us all the research you've done on the subject matter
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

I could link about 20 websites and a bunch of books but it's a huge pain in the ass to do from my phone. If you try to search with the search function here, maybe you'll find some more posts on this topic from a while back and some sites I've linked. If you want a great source that doesn't involve reading or researching, try robb wolf's website and listen to his podcasts. He has a biochem background, so his science is solid. Sorry...linking stuff from a phone is a huge hassle. Read some chris kresssr. Dr eades. Perfect health diet. Even mark's daily apple. There are some great sort of paleo 101 articles on that site. Or you can search stuff on pubmed.

Remember everyone, no veggies or tubers before agriculture. Lol

dude, your understanding of ancestral eating is very pedestrian. A lot more info is available now then what was previously available. You may have been up to speed back in the day, but times have changed. Paleo isn't about eating as much fat as you can. And humans didn't just invent tubers and veggies during the agricultural revolution. You do know that tubers ARE roots, right? Paleolithic people probably also consumed some grains. Not processed in to bread or rolls, but if they saw other animals eating them, they'd eat them too. We didn't magically invent wheat or barley one day. I'd recommend some further study on evolutionary anthropology and maybe browsing some paleo sites as well. The wealth of information out there now is a lot different than the original book cordain wrote all those years ago
    Ancestral eating? This notion that our ancestors were in some way superior in their selection of food is what I have issue with. We have the most diverse and varied diet of any animal on earth. You have no understanding of the microbial and enzymatic ecosystem that is your gut, your blanket statement to avoid gluten solidifies than. When did gluten become the bad guy? (When someone drew an unsubstantiated correlation between health issues and a very common food ingredient and found a way to make a fortune off book sales).

Since your issue seems to be with the advent of agriculture and the propagation of "selected" foods let me remind you that evolution didn't stop because of agriculture....As to why in the world I would turn to a Paleo site to "clarify" or "validate" the legitimacy of exactly what the site is there to promote is laughable. You accuse me of deriving my information from MSN yet your source of information is off some crack pots website. I could link a bunch of websites touting the benefits of smoking crack cocaine...
    www.buycrackfromme.com

Quote Originally Posted by 69ChrisCraft View Post
    Ancestral eating? This notion that our ancestors were in some way superior in their selection of food is what I have issue with. We have the most diverse and varied diet of any animal on earth. You have no understanding of the microbial and enzymatic ecosystem that is your gut, your blanket statement to avoid gluten solidifies than. When did gluten become the bad guy? (When someone drew an unsubstantiated correlation between health issues and a very common food ingredient and found a way to make a fortune off book sales).

Since your issue seems to be with the advent of agriculture and the propagation of "selected" foods let me remind you that evolution didn't stop because of agriculture....As to why in the world I would turn to a Paleo site to "clarify" or "validate" the legitimacy of exactly what the site is there to promote is laughable. You accuse me of deriving my information from MSN yet your source of information is off some crack pots website. I could link a bunch of websites touting the benefits of smoking crack cocaine...
    www.buycrackfromme.com
    You done blabbing yet? I love how the people who know the least about stuff are always the ones with the most to say against it. Your arguments are the same drivel that can be found on msn or any other mainstream news outlet. Do your homework then bring some more legitimate stuff back and then maybe we can have a bigboy conversation

LOL Toonces
    No popcorn for me! Big batch of kale chips for the show!!!
    Paleo works for me.
    Eat what you want to eat, it's your body.

You done blabbing yet? I love how the people who know the least about stuff are always the ones with the most to say against it. Your arguments are the same drivel that can be found on msn or any other mainstream news outlet. Do your homework then bring some more legitimate stuff back and then maybe we can have a bigboy conversation
    Look, I understand the appeal of the "primitive" nature of eating as cavemen did. We are bowhunters, primal activities reach some level of our fundamental being... That being said, I'm not the one who's being subjective and biased here. Find me an objective, well respected and peer reviewed journal publishing data touting the health and balanced diet of Paleolithic humans. Until then, just continue to pretend I'm not providing a legitimate argument.

Oh man these threads are always humorous!

Quote Originally Posted by 69ChrisCraft View Post
    Look, I understand the appeal of the "primitive" nature of eating as cavemen did. We are bowhunters, primal activities reach some level of our fundamental being... That being said, I'm not the one who's being subjective and biased here. Find me an objective, well respected and peer reviewed journal publishing data touting the health and balanced diet of Paleolithic humans. Until then, just continue to pretend I'm not providing a legitimate argument.
    You aren't. That's the thing. You're providing the same pedestrian nonsense arguments that everyone tries to provide. How about this? YOU do your own research on the subject. The data is starting to come in now. The research cycles take what, 6-7 years from when a topic first starts to get mentioned until the time studies can be done, data collected, etc. Spend some time on pubmed. You don't have a clear understanding of paleolithic nutrition. Again, nobody is faulting you for that. But don't pretend like you do and then proceed to shoot down what I'm saying based on your "knowledge" on the subject. If this way of eating interests you, educate yourself on it. If eliminating modsrn day toxins from your diet interests you, that's good. If not, keep doing what you're doing and just ignore all of those crazies who think eating whole, natural, toxin free food is a good thing. But please, leave us all the hell alone

The idea that hunter-gatherers only consumed meat has been disproven by anthropologists for decades. In fact, they got the bulk of their calories from gathering, so they tended to be carb heavy. Of course advocates of paleo are not saying that actual H-Gs diet was perfect, as it varied greatly from region to region depending on what was naturally available. Take H-Gs from Papau New Guinea for example, who's diets were so protein deficient that they eat spiders.

But today we are not constrained by such regional geographical determinations; we can find what the best of the natural world has to offer and, in most cases, bring it home.
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Simmons Treesharks

For a detailed look at the power of food on human society, see Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs, and Steel."
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Simmons Treesharks

Quote Originally Posted by jkm97 View Post
    For a detailed look at the power of food on human society, see Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs, and Steel."
    I will check it out. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PEGE View Post
    LOL Toonces
    No popcorn for me! Big batch of kale chips for the show!!!
    Paleo works for me.
    Eat what you want to eat, it's your body.
    X2....

I think over time we all find what works or doesn't work for us...
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30

I will check it out. Thanks
    I should point out its not at all about health/fitness. It's a historical/geographical hypothesis concerning global inequality, but Dr. Diamond spends a considerable amount of time discussing the diets of early H/Gs and early agriculturalists. I only bring it up because it directly supports the point that most H/Gs got the majority if their calories from gathering rather than hunting. It's a also a Pulitzer Prize winner.
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Simmons Treesharks

Quote Originally Posted by jkm97 View Post
    I should point out its not at all about health/fitness. It's a historical/geographical hypothesis concerning global inequality, but Dr. Diamond spends a considerable amount of time discussing the diets of early H/Gs and early agriculturalists. I only bring it up because it directly supports the point that most H/Gs got the majority if their calories from gathering rather than hunting. It's a also a Pulitzer Prize winner.
    I am even more interested now. I've actually heard it mentioned on another hunting website

I will say one thing about it, you will lose weight like crazy. I was 6'1" around 230lbs. about a year ago I started avoiding most grains and junk food. Started eating vegetables, potatoes and plain meat. Went down to 190 lbs pretty quick and then stayed there for quite a while, just recently I started eating that crap again and just like that weight started going back on. Definitely feel a lot better avoiding it. I am sure everyone is different but some simple mods had huge impacts for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast