a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Best long range arrows.

Best long range arrows.

I love shooting long distance targets and 3D at our club. 60-80 yards usually. What arrow might be best suited for this.

I was reading that the newer mico or super micro diameter arrows may help, but I was a bit leery about buying them, as I heard they may be harder to remove from targets with the field point & insert area in larger in diameter than the shaft?? Any thoughts on that & is there a brand of arrow that doesn't have this issue.

Just looking for the straightest shooting arrow for long distance, with or without wind.
    Hunt & let Hunt...my new saying.
    Detroit Mi Area - Mathews cHiLL -Deer Crossing Arrows - Treestands - Millenium-Lone Wolf Hand Climbers
    HHA 5019 Dial- LimbDRIVER pRo V -TightSPoT - ScoTT GooSe release - Qsafe Treestrapes

Easton ACC is probably the best bang for your buck with the shooting you do!

X10 are the best.
    Stress is Just Wasted Emotion

Alpine Ventura, D S Advantage Rest, D S Advantage Sight, Archery Specialty Peep & Scope
    Alpine Ventura, Trophy Taker Rest, D S Advantage Sight & Scope, B-Stinger

Victory VAP's
    Mathews Chill R 27/70 Ripcord SOS Hogg Father Axion Stabilizer Carter Releases
    Mathews Z7 Xtreme 27/70 Ripcord Code Red. MBG Ascent Ambush B-Stinger Stabilizer. Victory VAP's

black eagle deep impacts,or their new target x-impact will be a decent skinny arrow choice too.

X10s are great, but the price is 3-4x more then most others also

how about the allow cores, any problems with them not retaining their straightness over time?

Quote Originally Posted by kballer1 View Post
    X10 are the best.
    Detroit Mi Area - Mathews cHiLL -Deer Crossing Arrows - Treestands - Millenium-Lone Wolf Hand Climbers
    HHA 5019 Dial- LimbDRIVER pRo V -TightSPoT - ScoTT GooSe release - Qsafe Treestrapes

put a FOB on your arrow instead of regular fletching. less wind drift.

The original bomb defusing sloth.

Already have FOBs on my current GT XT Hunters. Just trying to take it to the next level, if that is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon arrow1 View Post
    put a FOB on your arrow instead of regular fletching. less wind drift.

I am shooting FITA competition up to 90 meters (100 yards) also Field up to 80 yards,
    CX nano XR's are about 100 bucks cheaper than the pro line carbon shafts (either X-10's or nanos), plus the rest of the parts to assemble the final arrow , final price tag close to a $500 for a dozen....this is a price tag where the serious competition starts....I sad starts from here and the sky is a limit....
    now, I am not saying the other cheaper brand small OD shafts are crap, but they are not even present in any open long range scoring competition, so can't justice as accurate and worth the money....
    for leisure shooting....ah, you just take anything what fits your budget.
    OK Archery DST-38 Absolute, CarboFast, Shibuya, Beiter, CX,

GT 22's
    GT U/L's
    VAP's with glue in points

You'll be prying my X10 protours from my cold dead hands...
    Hoyt Vantage Elite
    Hoyt Pro Elite
    Hoyt Formula RX

A great Field/FITA arrow that won't cost you more than your bow did for a dozen is Easton LightSpeed 3D's. I've only shot one round of field and shot 524 with them. No big tuning or tinkering. I set them up for 3d and a friend asked me to go shoot a field round. You can get a dozen set up for about $160. Great small diameter arrow.

Either the CX Nano XR or the McKinney II would be great.
    Levi Morgan and Tim Gillingham were shooting the GT Pro Hunters at Reading last year and Levi took second.
    Darin
    www.absolutearcheryllc.com
    darin@absolutearcheryllc.com

Every morning when you wake up thank God for everything in your life and when you lay your head down at night you will find you need not ask him for anything again.

Ironically, I was thinking of just going with the GT Pro Hunter, as the numbers look great & I can use them for hunting as well. Just thought there might be something out there that trumps them. There is, but is it worth the big cash? With that 2nd place finish, it seems not!

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Archer View Post
    Either the CX Nano XR or the McKinney II would be great.
    Levi Morgan and Tim Gillingham were shooting the GT Pro Hunters at Reading last year and Levi took second.
    Darin

bigHUN I am shooting FITA competition up to 90 meters (100 yards) also Field up to 80 yards,

CX nano XR's are about 100 bucks cheaper than the pro line carbon shafts (either X-10's or nanos), plus the rest of the parts to assemble the final arrow , final price tag close to a $500 for a dozen....this is a price tag where the serious competition starts....I sad starts from here and the sky is a limit....

now, I am not saying the other cheaper brand small OD shafts are crap, but they are not even present in any open long range scoring competition, so can't justice as accurate and worth the money....

for leisure shooting....ah, you just take anything what fits your budget.
    Really wow not even present. Guess you missed where BE Deep Impacts ( yep those cheap not present arrows) won NFAA Outdoor Nationals Pro class by a lot. First year counting the X as 6. Now how can that be.
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

Nano Pro cheaper and all around better shaft anyway. Good enough to win at the international level. Best specs lead to best shaft.

Victory VAP is a great shooting arrows for long distance.
    Elite Energy 35
    Elite GT500
    SouthernShooters.com

Kevin2 Have been shooting the X10's for 2 + years and have not had any problems, bent a point at Redding last year but the shaft stayed stright. I shot 1 through a 2X6 not paying attention coming off 40 yard talking to a guy walk up to 80 yd. & shot 18" through the 2X6" sawed it out & have had no problem with it.
    Stress is Just Wasted Emotion

Alpine Ventura, D S Advantage Rest, D S Advantage Sight, Archery Specialty Peep & Scope
    Alpine Ventura, Trophy Taker Rest, D S Advantage Sight & Scope, B-Stinger

Here is what is really cool, right now you have a chance to buy some easton injections or caps and actually build them up and give them a try and for just a little over a hundred dollars you can get up and running.

I guarantee that the guys who actually shoot competitively all the time have their favorite setups and they have never even tried the vaps or injections because nobody else is doing it. I personally would get the injections and have g-nocks in them with some mini blazers and 100 grain points and group tune the in my hooter shooter and give them a good chance.
    Socket Man