Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear Chrono speeds

Quote Originally Posted by jcathunter View Post
    Bear Agenda 6 71lbs, draw set at 28.5 but I am a 29in draw with every other bow I've shot, 360 grain Black Eagle Carnivore, pee and d loop, chrono'd today at 329fps and its a dream to shoot. Man, I love this bow.
    That's actual speed not Ibo right? Trying to decide between this bow and hoyt faktor turbo. Looks like this bow is considerably faster than the hoyt. Would make my decision easier! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jcathunter View Post
    Bear Agenda 6 71lbs, draw set at 28.5 but I am a 29in draw with every other bow I've shot, 360 grain Black Eagle Carnivore, pee and d loop, chrono'd today at 329fps and its a dream to shoot. Man, I love this bow.
    That's actual speed not Ibo right? Trying to decide between this bow and hoyt faktor turbo. Looks like this bow is considerably faster than the hoyt. Would make my decision easier! Thanks!

Just recently got new strings from archery shack. It shoot 311 through a pro chorno, it tends to be 4 or 5 fps slow, bow is 62lb, 29dl an 343 gr arrow, peep an d loop on string.
    2012 New Breed Eclipse/2014 bear agenda 6

Quote Originally Posted by jeffinater224 View Post
    Yes. That is actual speed through a chrono.
    Bear Agenda 6, Black Eagle Carnivores, Anarchy Broadheads, World Champion Archery Custom Bowstrings, Spot-Hogg Archery Products, Horn Hunter Packs, Phelps Game Calls, Predator Camo

For some reason I think I may be doing something wrong. I am getting 285fps with a Method at 65# and a 31" DL and a 486gr arrow.

From some of the speeds I'm seeing in this thread, I'm feel like I'm behind the power curve. I did just turn it up a turn so I think I might be around 67# (have yet to put it on a scale) and am now shooting a 467gr arrow, but for the data that I got before I did those things makes me think I should be getting more.

Agenda 6 / 60.6 pound draw / 28.5 inch DL / peep and D loop / 359 grain arrow = 309 FPS

Dead on 350 IBO the way some online calculators say.
    Agenda 6
    QAD HDX
    Bee-Stinger
    Black Eagle Carnivore

Quote Originally Posted by HH6D View Post
    For some reason I think I may be doing something wrong. I am getting 285fps with a Method at 65# and a 31" DL and a 486gr arrow.

From some of the speeds I'm seeing in this thread, I'm feel like I'm behind the power curve. I did just turn it up a turn so I think I might be around 67# (have yet to put it on a scale) and am now shooting a 467gr arrow, but for the data that I got before I did those things makes me think I should be getting more.
    Depending on how much weight you have on the string, 285 fps is pretty darn close to IBO out of your setup with an arrow that heavy. I mean, you are shooting spud bars afterall, lol.
    PSE Evo Max

Dinner on the Table Pro Staff

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by hdrking2003 View Post
    Depending on how much weight you have on the string, 285 fps is pretty darn close to IBO out of your setup with an arrow that heavy. I mean, you are shooting spud bars afterall, lol.
    Right now all I have on the string is a loop and peep. I guess a little more weight on the arrow makes a pretty big difference in speed. I'm not going for crazy fast, it just looked like it was slower than it should be. Regardless of how fast it's shooting, I am really starting to enjoy archery as a whole and I think that with what I've got going, I can bring a deer or elk down pretty easily.

Right now all I have on the string is a loop and peep. I guess a little more weight on the arrow makes a pretty big difference in speed. I'm not going for crazy fast, it just looked like it was slower than it should be. Regardless of how fast it's shooting, I am really starting to enjoy archery as a whole and I think that with what I've got going, I can bring a deer or elk down pretty easily.
    I agree, and glad you are having fun. That's what it's all about. Good luck!
    PSE Evo Max

Dinner on the Table Pro Staff

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Bear Chrono speeds

Your numbers put you at around 84 ft/lbs KE, so I'd say yeah...you can bring down a deer or elk pretty easily.
    Very similar to my setup by the way. Bear Method, 72 lbs, 29.5 draw, 450 grain arrows. Never chronoed it though.
    Using Tapatalk

2013 Encounter,60# 29'' draw,using 30'' walmart carbon arrows with 100g field points....291fps
    2014 Attitude,70# 29" draw..same arrows..same points...but with feathers...301fps.

And the Attitude is basically the same bow as the Encounter...riser has a few more holes in it is all.

Agenda 6 29" Draw 400gr Maxima Red @ 315fps

Anarchy single cam

30.5" DL

66lbs DW

385 grain arrow

286fps

Does this seem right?

D loop and a peep.

My question is has anybody measured their bows literal DL and chrono speeds my motive 6 I had ran a full inch long in DL so for me to get my bow to 27.5" DL I had to put my module in 26.5" has anyone checked these speeds with their literal DL? I never had chrono to check mine before I sold it.
    70#Pse Prophecy,Smackdown Pro,Apex Bone collector quiver,Trophy Ridge Hitman 5 sight,Gold tip pro hunters 75/95s sending 100grain slick trick mags 280fps into the pump station Thank you Lord for allowing me to live in this great country and be able to have the freedom and the ability to shoot and hunt with my Pse bow

Quote Originally Posted by tripleb2431 View Post
    My question is has anybody measured their bows literal DL and chrono speeds my motive 6 I had ran a full inch long in DL so for me to get my bow to 27.5" DL I had to put my module in 26.5" has anyone checked these speeds with their literal DL? I never had chrono to check mine before I sold it.
    My Agenda is set at 28.5. I normally shoot 29in.
    Bear Agenda 6, Black Eagle Carnivores, Anarchy Broadheads, World Champion Archery Custom Bowstrings, Spot-Hogg Archery Products, Horn Hunter Packs, Phelps Game Calls, Predator Camo

Agenda 6, 72#, 29", 468 Grn FMJ 340s getting 294fps. I have two string grubs, a tubeless peep, and a D-loop on the string. Whisper freaking quiet.

Domain
    65#
    27.5"
    500gr
    242 fps

2012 Bear Legion
    63 lbs
    29" DL
    peep, kisser, d loop
    417 gr arrow = 262 fps - 63.58 ft/lbs KE
    451 gr arrow = 248 fps - 61.61 ft/lbs KE
    both shot from 20 yards out from chrono

Agenda 6 29.5 66lbs 380 gr arrow doing 320 dloop only
    Bear agenda 6 70/29.5 IQ 7 pin
    MAthews Drenilin trophy ridge alpha matrix 5 w/no peep
    Mathews Reezen 6.5 trophy ridge alpha matrix 5

Looks like I need to change arrows to bump up my speed some...

Agenda 6, 55# 27" DL, peep and d-loop, 400 gr Easton arrows with 100 gr fild points...coming in at 258 fps

Open to suggestions...thinking maxima red 250 gr with 100 gr field points and nocturnal lighted nocks
    2014 Bear Agenda 6
    60# 27" Trophy Ridge React
    Lite-1 Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by knightwing81 View Post
    Looks like I need to change arrows to bump up my speed some...

Agenda 6, 55# 27" DL, peep and d-loop, 400 gr Easton arrows with 100 gr fild points...coming in at 258 fps

Open to suggestions...thinking maxima red 250 gr with 100 gr field points and nocturnal lighted nocks
    That's smokin' for your draw and weight. That 27 inch draw will always kill your speed.
    "What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected." --Chief Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by DaneHunter View Post
    That's smokin' for your draw and weight. That 27 inch draw will always kill your speed.
    I'm relatively new to bowhunting so I guess I thought that was a bit slow. I had hoped to be above 275 when we were tuning. I was using a 60# mauler but the extra weight was affecting my form and consistency. I upgraded to the agenda 6 last week and decided to drop the weight a bit to ensure better form and build my strength up to the full 60# max. I figure I have two months before season opens here so it is quite possible that I may be able to up the weight and upgrade to the maxima red arrows.
    2014 Bear Agenda 6
    60# 27" Trophy Ridge React
    Lite-1 Quiver

Method
    68#
    28.5"
    460gr Axis arrow with FOBs
    280+ FPS (lowest was 279, ranged up to 284, average was 281+ after 12 shots, only the 1 lower than 280)
    String loop and peep on stock strings
    Man I want some new strings
    6 Petersons, 5 Stanwells, 4 Savinellis, 2 F. Baki Meerschaums..., 6 Missouri Meerschaums...., lots of others...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12