Archery Talk Forum banner

Bear Chrono speeds

41K views 120 replies 76 participants last post by  Ledbeter 
#1 ·
Interested in people's chrono speeds for all models. What have you guys/gals been seeing

#2 ·
Bear Agenda 7 - 324 fps /w a 404 grain arrow and 45 grains on the string
bow set @ 70.5 pounds /w a 31" DL

#24 ·
since I posted this I have been tinkering with my set up. I recently added wraps to my arrows which bumped their weight up to 410 grains each. I also put a couple twist in my buss cable and brought my draw weight up to 72 pounds. doing this with changing out my BowJax string sleeves to TPU speed nocks I am sending these arrows through my chronograph at 327 fps. this is putting my bows IBO at 340.3 fps.

my chronograph is a cold chronograph. everytime I have compared my results to the closest pro shops chronograph, which is calibrated, mine has been consistently 6 fps slower. so taking this into consideration, I could be pushing 333 fps with my bow and hitting a 346.3 fps IBO. I won't know for sure until I can shoot it through a calibrated unit to know it's actual speed. either way, on the slow end with 327 fps is still smoking fast for a 410 grain arrow out of a 7" brace height bow!

well done Bear Archery for hitting the mark once again!

#12 ·
#14 ·
Wow getting that much speed with a reasonably heavy arrow at a 26" DL is awesome!

#17 ·
My Bear Motive 6 at 29DL 70lbs, 380 grain arrow, hits 313 FPS
My Bear Whitetail Hunter at 28DL, 60lbs, 380grain arrow, hits around 208 to 220 fps as I recalled.

#18 ·
something is wrong with your Motive. you should be getting a lot better speeds than that.

#23 ·
Bear Agenda 6 71lbs, draw set at 28.5 but I am a 29in draw with every other bow I've shot, 360 grain Black Eagle Carnivore, pee and d loop, chrono'd today at 329fps and its a dream to shoot. Man, I love this bow.

#25 ·
Bear Agenda 6 with only peep, d loop and speed nocks, 63lb draw 28" draw length 404.2 grain CE Maxima Reds=282 FPS
Bear Attack with peep and d loop, 60lb draw 28" draw length 482.1 FMJ= 244 FPS

#30 ·
For some reason I think I may be doing something wrong. I am getting 285fps with a Method at 65# and a 31" DL and a 486gr arrow.

From some of the speeds I'm seeing in this thread, I'm feel like I'm behind the power curve. I did just turn it up a turn so I think I might be around 67# (have yet to put it on a scale) and am now shooting a 467gr arrow, but for the data that I got before I did those things makes me think I should be getting more.

#32 ·
Depending on how much weight you have on the string, 285 fps is pretty darn close to IBO out of your setup with an arrow that heavy. I mean, you are shooting spud bars afterall, lol.

#36 ·
2013 Encounter,60# 29'' draw,using 30'' walmart carbon arrows with 100g field points....291fps
2014 Attitude,70# 29" draw..same arrows..same points...but with feathers...301fps.

And the Attitude is basically the same bow as the Encounter...riser has a few more holes in it is all.

#39 ·
My question is has anybody measured their bows literal DL and chrono speeds my motive 6 I had ran a full inch long in DL so for me to get my bow to 27.5" DL I had to put my module in 26.5" has anyone checked these speeds with their literal DL? I never had chrono to check mine before I sold it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.