Thread: Ross dropping the Crave series?

Ross dropping the Crave series?

Just wondering if anyone has insite on why Ross would be dropping the Crave series off bows ? I asked on their FB page and was because people wanted a higher brace height bow so they came out with the Headhunter. Thats fine but it still doesnt explain why they would drop what has appeared to be their best seller to replace it with a 320fps bow especially when market trends are going the other way. Replace a 335fps line with a single 320fps bow when other companies are releasing 350-360fps+ bows. Maybe I am missing something but it doesnt make sense to me.

Thanks
    Tim

'08 Bowtech 82 Airborne in competition blue
    '07 Bowtech Allegiance in Realtree Hardwoods<--- best bow Bowtech made.
    '07 Bowtech Allegiance in MossyOak Obsession<---bow #2 of the deadly duo
    '94 Hoyt Deffiant FastFlite....still sittin' the way I shot it then
    '72 Bear Custom Kodiak...with original arrows, Bear case and quiver

I have a 12' Crave 33.5 and I love it. I hope they don't discontinue the Crave line. It could be a tad more forgiving but really rewards you for good shooting form. IMO they should keep the bow the same but change the riser design to allow for a more parallel limb configuration, longer brace height and bump up the speed to around 340. That is my dream Ross bow. How do you like your H.I.T.? I am a 31 in. draw and was thinking about getting one for 3D and Spots.
    12' Ross Crave 33.5
    Q.A.D ultra HDX
    Spot Hogg Hunter
    B-Stinger 8"
    Tight Spot

They are dropping the Crave line for sure and only being replaced with the Headdhunter. Nothing comjng out as a step forward like a bow you mentioned. I am really dissapointed. I was going to get a Crave 33.5 this year but with it being disscontinued and them just selling out there old stock I am going to pass and look at something. Maybe a BowTech CPXL. I was in the retail side of archery and in the past when you see companies dropping the number of bow models they sell and not replacing them with something "better" or more suited to market trends its never ended up well.
    As for my H.I.T. I love it. It has taken me a while to get used to the rock solid wall and no creep valley but I shoot ot very well now. Been shooting around a 297/300 FITA average indoors shooting BHR. Thats set up the same way as i shoot 3D. No light pounds or over sized arrows. 315fps with my BE Carnivores. Its a very stable bow and quite forgiving for how fast it is. I am sure ypu would love it.
    '08 Bowtech 82 Airborne in competition blue
    '07 Bowtech Allegiance in Realtree Hardwoods<--- best bow Bowtech made.
    '07 Bowtech Allegiance in MossyOak Obsession<---bow #2 of the deadly duo
    '94 Hoyt Deffiant FastFlite....still sittin' the way I shot it then
    '72 Bear Custom Kodiak...with original arrows, Bear case and quiver