Archery Talk Forum banner

Bear Method

4K views 52 replies 14 participants last post by  Casey.radel 
#1 ·
The house commander gave me the green light to buy a new bow so ill be upgrading from a Hoyt tenacity to the bear method. Shot both the Domain and the method both felt really nice but in the end I decided to go with the method. Hoping that I don't regret going with the method since I did feel like the domain had a smoother draw but I'm guessing it was because its a single cam. Anyone who has it, I would like to know what y'all think about the bow.

#37 ·
Very nice bow I almost bought one but I got a screaming deal on a Motive 7 so I bought it instead. Bear customer service is top notch that's for sure. As you can see in my signature I now have a Agenda 7 thanks to the guys at customer service. I actually had a post break on my cam that they couldn't find a reason for but it cut loose at 3/4 draw and it wasn't pretty. I was set to go on a hunt the following week in northern Missouri so they said we don't have any Motives in right now to send you how would you like a new Agenda 7. I said if it's as smooth as the Motive send it on and they did. I hammered some deer with it this year now it's time to nail a few turkey.

#40 ·
All I see is a bow scale and a picture of a forest.... What are we supposed to be looking at? :wink:

#44 ·
Went to a pro shop on my lunch today to get my bow tuned. The shortened my draw which was set at 29 originally and I'm not sure what they set my draw length right now. But they paper tuned my bow and after about 6 shots the guy that was helping me told me that it was most likely my grip that was stopping them for able to get it tuned correctly and said to shot about 100 shot and try to work on my grip and then come back in and see if it was correct. He had me go to the range and practice and I was shooting all over the place. My sights were off from him moving the peep and shortening my draw length. So I was trying to get it sighted in but I was shooting all over the place so I didn't have time to get it sighted in but is there a reason why I'm not shooting consistent group? Is it something I just need to work on cause before I went to get it tuned I was shooting pretty consistent

#46 ·
This might sound a bit strange but wet the grip so its a bit slippery and shoot a few shots. If your group tightens up then you are torquing with the sticky grip. You can pull the grip off as well and shoot it. I shoot a thumb release and I just put my big knuckle under my cheekbone every time for consistent anchor. I used a little goose forever and changing to a thumb really tightened my groups up and increased my effective range.

#47 ·
My peep definitely needs lowered but the guy who helped me told me to try and shoot without the grip he said that was the first thing he did with his agenda. I'll have to try and wet the grip to see if I'm torquing the bow... My form definitely needs improvement and one thing the guy at the shop told me to do is to have a more relaxed grip it just doesn't feel right so I'll just need to practice and get it down

#48 ·
You have a sling on your bow, put bow between thumb and index finger (meat of the hand). When you draw the bow it should just sit there. And after you shoot the bow shouldn't go anywhere. You don't need a death grip You should be able to hold the bow with just thumb and your index finger.

#49 ·
I don't have a wrist sling on mine and I shoot with my hand open barely curving my index finger around the front. I made a shot almost straight down under my stand this year and the only thing touching the front was my index finger. I would have never shot like this with my old bow it wanted to jump out of my hand after release lol. It's amazing what dead in the hand will do for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.