Archery Talk Forum banner

Bear Method

4K views 52 replies 14 participants last post by  Casey.radel 
#1 ·
The house commander gave me the green light to buy a new bow so ill be upgrading from a Hoyt tenacity to the bear method. Shot both the Domain and the method both felt really nice but in the end I decided to go with the method. Hoping that I don't regret going with the method since I did feel like the domain had a smoother draw but I'm guessing it was because its a single cam. Anyone who has it, I would like to know what y'all think about the bow.

#4 ·
You should be able to dial it back 4 full turns which should put you in the upper 50's. No problem turning down the pounds on a modern bow. I'd recommend double checking your cam timing after making an adjustment.

#10 ·
Just curious. When you turn the bow all the way down (e.g. 4 turns) should you be checking for cam lean? Anything else you should check for?

#15 ·
The rth kit is good for what it is. Just upgrade one item at a time as you can. That is what I did.

#16 ·
I think if you a new or have no gear a RTH package makes sense. For a few hundred more than a bare bow it is enough to get you going.
I gave my rth gear to another young archer who got a s/h bow that was bare... so it got him going too, when he gets the stuff he wants, he promised to pass it on again.

#18 ·
I'm not veteran bow hunter I've been bowhunting two years now so I'm still new to it. I sold my 17 year old hoyt tenacity to buy the method. On the Hoyt I had a drop away rest so that will be the only thing that I will miss for sure but the whisker biscuit is growing on me still think I might upgrade to a drop away.

#17 ·
I bought one from an ATer here in early 2013.thow it was a great shooting and fast bow,I had issues with the cams cutting the strings .with all that being said,I believe they have fixed this issue or my bow could ave been an isolated issue.dont be alarmed about it thow.as with every bow,just look it over from time to time and you should be fine. I liked mine a lot.

#20 ·
I purchased a Bear Method in February.Ordered the bow @50lbs.Shadow.Outfitted with a HHA slider and Quad HDx.I am sighting in at the moment shooting indoors at 20 yards.So far so good and can't wait to get it out doors.I had been shooting 60-70lbs so I am experimenting with arrows.The 2314 @28 in. and 145 gr.tips are flying well at 20 yards.Just ordered a dozen ACC with 100 gr.field points to try outdoors.

#22 ·
Quick question idk if anyone can really answer it but how long does it usually take for bear to ship bows to a dealer. I'm located in ankeny iowa and I'm pretty sure I've heard bears shoo is in Florida. If I ordered the bow from bass pro on Wednesday when could I expect it to be here bass pro has no answers for me?

#30 ·

Its probably nothing but when I received my bow yesterday the box was damaged but I didn't see anything wrong at first but I noticed the string doesn't sit in the middle of the bottom string stop and any of the bows that ive seen in stores the strings sits right in the middle of both string stop so idk if I'm just being paranoid. Can anyone tell me if this is something to worry about?

#33 ·
Got my Anarchy HC last week. One of my draw stops looked like yours. I was able to carefully bend it back into place. My opinion is to do this very carefully and only use hand strength. I'd advise against adding mechanical leverage to move the arm. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.