Thread: Limbsaver bows

Limbsaver bows

Limbsaver makes a lot of great stuff. Why don't people like their bows? Has anyone really gave them a chance? Just looking for opinions and thoughts.

Initially they were too ugly, now I just think there is not enough promotion, The proton is one hell of a bow!

I have a DZ 32. It's a sweet shooter. Very smooth, quiet and dead in hand. I think it's a 2008.

Everything has ugly in it; beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I be hold in' three of the original DZ models and like them all. I can go anywhere with them and not have to worry about having to
    Limbsaver DZ-32, HHA Slider Sight bracket modified to accept Triple Threat Aperture, Limbsaver Drop Away Rest
    Limbsaver SZ-34, Limbsaver Prism Sight with adjustable Long Range Hunter pin, Limbsaver Drop Away Rest
    Limbsaver DZ-30, HHA.019 pin slider sight, AAE Pro Drop Rest

... find a pro shop to adjust anything on the bow or even change out strings. You can do it all with an Allen wrench from your tree stand if you want. What is really cool about the DZ model line for taking it on outfitter trips away from home is you can break it down and fly with it without the airlines' extra cost of oversized luggage. You can easily put it together the way it was and shoot it without loosing much, if any, long range accuracy.

Many of Limbsaver's designs from the original DZ line can be seen in today's bows; the parallel limbs, the X-style riser bracing, and the strait riser. The only thing that I think should be incorporated in other bows is the take-down limb pockets. I'd like to see Limbsaver incorporate the 2013 Proton's new cam and string design into a "sexier" DZ model (it would be probably by a top shooting, all aspects of the sport of archery bow) and market the Proton and "new" DZ model to the pro shops more.
    Limbsaver DZ-32, HHA Slider Sight bracket modified to accept Triple Threat Aperture, Limbsaver Drop Away Rest
    Limbsaver SZ-34, Limbsaver Prism Sight with adjustable Long Range Hunter pin, Limbsaver Drop Away Rest
    Limbsaver DZ-30, HHA.019 pin slider sight, AAE Pro Drop Rest

I have a new 2014 Proton DT that I am going to sell but was nervous about it because everyone I had talked to said no one would buy it. I think it looks awesome! Thanks for your replies.

I didn't think that they made bows any more as havn't seen any thing on them in over a year.
    Stress is Just Wasted Emotion

Alpine Ventura, D S Advantage Rest, D S Advantage Sight, Archery Specialty Peep & Scope
    Alpine Ventura, Trophy Taker Rest, D S Advantage Sight & Scope, B-Stinger

Have a 13 model proton and absolutely love it.

Super quiet, accurate, and at 30" and 75lbs it's packing some pretty impressive speed.

they are coming out with a longer ata bow soon.....
    2014 hoyt elite edge
    archeryshack field staff http://www.archeryshackstrings.com
    gs138 10 percent off deer crossing arrows

I always wanted to give one a shot if they come out with a longer ata bow I just may.
    your bow is just a Guide you are the leader of the arrow.

Well, I can't shoot this one so it has to go. Guess I need to get an ad up in the classifieds

what is wrong that you can not shoot it.

very nice bows especially the proton, I have one in green metallic paint!

It's too short. My dl is longer than 30.5.

that suxs must be pretty tall I'm 6'1 and and shoot 29 1/2.

Yup, 6'9".

dang that sure limits your bow choices have you tried a pse freak.there pretty sweet.

what was the ata on the limbsaver bow you got.at your height I wouldn't be comfortable shooting anything un 35 ata I don't even go under 35 ata don't like the string angle below that the shortest I can shoot decent at longer distances is 32 ata.

32. I'm looking at the Freak and the Pro Comp Elite XL. I have to get rid of this one first. I wouldn't even attempt to shoot a bow this short. I didn't pick it out.

well I hope it all works out in the end for ya .

What about a deadzone 36?
    2014 hoyt elite edge

Thanks. I don't think they make it anymore. I'm looking to get a target bow.

They do still make it
    2014 hoyt elite edge