Archery Talk Forum banner

Pics e35 timing marks and draw board

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  3SixtyOutdoors 
#1 ·
Hey folks just thought I would share. Last night I put a new set of strings on my 35 and set the timing on my draw board. Strings came out pretty spot on. Had to let some out of the string to get the ata back where I wanted and my draw out to 31.25. Got my torqueless Loop on going to see where the speed is at tonight
Swing Vehicle Exercise equipment Wheel
Bicycle part Wheel Rim Machine Metal
Tripod Room Machine Metal
Bicycle part Machine Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
wheres the draw stop in the top cam???? looks very nice with the blue, my snow should be home soon.....

#4 ·
Just curious, is it even necessary to run both draw stops? The press at the local shop only has one finger for the draw stops. The rest are curved. Is it possibles leave one off and not mess with the hassle of taking the other on and off?

#5 ·
took the top stop out while putting it in and out of the press. my other finger is on its way.

the bow reads 31.25. which works out for my longer draw.

this was the other night and was dark before I could shoot it. everything looked good until I shot it!

everything hit low left by a foot! moved rest and nock put on a stiffer blade. still couldnt get it figured out last night. in and out of the press moving cables around.

headed to work on it again today see if I can tame the beast!

I am no 2 track expert coming from my PSE's and C4's. lots of head scratching going on lol

#9 ·
Strings are royal black pinstripes and light blue

Took the torqueless Loop off cleaned up the shot

Shot a touch nock high in paper but the rest is pushed to the inside 11/16
Went back to 30 grouping good to the right move the rest to the left 1/16th at a time till hit center shot it at 40 decent group and then at 50 opened up some say a 5" group.

Still have some work to do. Kinda shocked how well it holds at 50 with just a 33" no weights no back bar (Lancaster back order)

#10 ·
forgot to mention I ran a 22strand string and 24 8190 cables.

shot the same speed as the stock strings with out any speed nocks

31.25 DL
460gr full length BE Magnum (27s)
277-279fps
59lbs but I need to verify that on a differnet scale I have had questions about mine lately

#12 ·
Haha fancy not so much

It's a ryobe miter box stand from Lowes and a boat winch from harbor freight.

I did have to do some "engineering" to it. The clamps that hold the which down were not strong enough for a 70lb bow and started to work upwards

Nothing a little 550 cord and an old screw driver couldn't fix.

Looped the 550 around the mounting bracket holding the winch then around the leg tied a square knot and twisted with the screw driver.

Probably a better way of doing it but in a pinch worked great

#14 ·
You are correct that the timing dots go from the bottom of the limb to the front cable but as kqtech stated you have 3 dots on the bottom an 5 dots on the top which as u stated are on the top of the limb. Both of you are correct in your statments but your cams are out of sync the dots should be the same all around if you advance the top cam 2 dots or ****** the bottom cam 2 dots ur still going to have 18 dots as you do in your pic. You would need to try it both ways to see which one felt the best for you. I also noticed that you left the draw stop in the bottom cam an out of the top. You might want to try putting it in the top an leaving it out or loose in the bottom cam then put it the draw board untill the top on is about a 1/16 off the limb set ur timing dots then rotate to full draw an slide the bottom draw stop to match the top. Hope this may help some.

#15 ·
Thank you I'll take a look at it tomorrow again. I have looked at those dots until I am cross eyed and get something different each time haha I'll buy a turnbuckle today and use that to fine tune retake pictures with both stops in.

Not going to lie it holds really well.

I moved the rest when shooting at 40 yards back to the left to move my groups and it hit dead on at 50 just low

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.