Archery Talk Forum banner

Team 1 - Pecker Wreckers

13K views 350 replies 12 participants last post by  tclubbs2 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Here is your team for the 9th Annual Archerytalk Turkey Contest! Please begin by signing in and having 1 member send a PM to each of the remaining members advising them of what team they are on with a link to this thread. Use this thread for discussion purposes including posting trail camera pictures, discussing tactics, etc. Discuss among yourselves a team name and have your team come to a majority. Once a team name is chosen, have one of your teammates post it in the Team Name Registration thread. Please keep your team in the loop as the season goes on. Hunt smart and have a safe and successful season! Good luck to each and every one of you!

buckihunter302
clich
hidden danger
HotnTot
huntcurs
MossyOakFanatic
nickhrp
tclubbs2
yelton720
young7.3

#6 ·
Team 1 -

Hey guys I'm gonna be hunting the homeland of TN only due to work schedule gonna miss the opening couple weeks but gonna get 24 days of uninterrupted days of hunting from opening to closing day
Got a idea for a team name also

#7 ·
I'm fine with any name. I'm not sure yet how many days I'll get to hunt. I've only got one semester of college left, so I'm trying to find an internship for this summer. If I do, I don't know what kind of schedule I'll have. If not, I'll work where I did last summer and will get to hunt almost every day of the season.

#11 ·
Hey guys. Checkin in from Central Michigan. Can't wait for spring to get here(if it ever does)..I'm sick of shooting indoors. Ready to get back into the woods.

#12 ·
Head loppers gets my vote. Lol. I'll be using bullheads again this year. What all does everyone have lines up for hunts this spring? My first hunt will start around the 25th of March. Here in Nebraska we get to shoot 3 birds so hopefully I'll be able to get a nice one on opening day, and upgrade from there on out.

#13 ·
Team 1 -

I'm using the rage mechanical turkey two blade my season starts 29th but gonna miss opening two weeks due to work where allowed 4 in TN and I'm going to try and with luck get to hunt Kentucky but for sure got 24 days to get a good bird in TN

#21 ·
I can go with anything for the name. We can only kill 1 here in Michigan. I drew the first season which runs for a week starting April 21st, but if this snow doesnt melt soon(we have about 3' on the ground)i will just be buying the last season and get the month of may to hunt.

#28 ·
I use cheap fold up decoys. Couldn't even tell ya what brand. An upright hen, a feeding hen, and a jake. Had a half strut at one time but for some reason the farm I hunt the toms stay away from anything that's strutting. They come in fast with just a standard upright jake.

#29 ·
I am using two Avian X hens and the Avian X Jake for decoys. I also run multiple brands on calls. Mouth calls I use Shane Hendershots Mind Games and Woodhaven.. Using a southland elite series aluminum pot call. Also just picked up a couple new ground blinds from Cabelas a few weeks ago. I will be going out Saturday listening and hopefully I'll get a few pictures or some short video clips I can post up here for us. As far as broadheads I am sticking with my Grim Reaper Whitetail Specials.

Name ideas: Pecker Wreckers, Roosted Reapers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.