Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team 2 - FanAddicts

I hate that for you ksubigbuck. Hopefully you'll get another crack at him ! My season comes I. Saturday but I won't be able to hunt until next Tuesday I've got a ton if birds on my land I just got get me to cooperate !

Quiet. Any body's turkey season start yet?

I did go get my 2014 license and turkey tag so I'm ready when the season opens.

Good luck guys.
    Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.

I will be out first thing on Thursday, hunt as much as I can after that. Hopefully here in Iowa the weather is better then it is today.
    John's Custom Prostaff { no other string is even close }

I'm going to hit it hard this weekend. Had today off but its 33 here. Any other Iowa guys out yet?
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Our season came in Saturday but I had to work all weekend and it's been pouring rain the last two days. In planning to give it a try tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. Work and building a house is messing up my turkey season haha

Anyone conect yet? I will be out starting tomorrow.

Stuck a nice one today. Will post up pics in a bit. Between 25-26lb, 11in beard and one spur was 1 1/2 the other was just shy of 1 1/2. Nice bird! Was an action packed morning in the blind. Had several toms and jakes come in with the hens. My good buddy and I each shot one and passed on several others all between sunup and 9:00ish.

Pics

Here are the pics from my bird
    Attached Images Attached Images

Way to get the team on the board, congrats!!
    '13 Elite Pure 60/29.5
    '14 Energy 35 60/29.5
    Gold Tip 22, Triple X, XT Hunters, Stanislawski release, Black Gold sights, QAD HDX rests
    Trinity Archery Anchor Stabilizers
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply.

Nice job 4ID. I shot took feathers off the back of one this morning and shot over the back of another 5 minutes later... It was kind of a crazy hunt this morning but it was rough. I will be back at it again tomorrow. Goodluck guys
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot

Any team member have any luck over the weekend?

Any luck from the other team members?

Had a close encounter this am, but the Tom just wouldn't commit. I think I can only post up one bird though. Come on guys, we could use a few more birds for the team.

Out in the blind now. Anyone else out

Good luck bud, knock down a Tomzillia with 3in spurs.

Saw 13 hens and a few long beards. No luck though. Back at it sitting in the rain waiting for 1

Any luck this evening in the rain? My retired father called me at work today about 1130 and told me there were 20 or so all pecking around my ground blind on the edge of the pasture in the rain.

Will be back out at it in the morning. Doubt I will beat my 77 but will be fun to tag out here in Iowa.

Had some Toms hung up on a ridge about 80 yards from me this morning......I even had a hen come in silent from where the Toms were on the ridge and she stayed with my decoys for about 15 minutes and the Toms still didn't come in......I had a hen and jake full strut decoy out.......starting to wonder is I should of only had the hen decoy out. They were going absolutely bonkers this morning
    TEAM 11 CAPED & QUARTERED
    HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC CUSTOM BOW SLINGS, RANGEFINDER LANYARDS, BINOCULAR LANYARDS, DUCK/GOOSE LANYARDS, BIRD TOTES, NECK LANYARDS, SURVIVAL BRACELETS, DOG COLLARS, KEY FOBS
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK-HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES, LLC PRO STAFF- TEAM MICHIGAN

sucks they didn't come in, but good to hear they are still talking. It's been raining here all day so hopefully tomorrow when I am off and out in the blind they will want to play in the nice weather (not that rain usually slows them down).

Hopefully by the end of this weekend we can get at least one or two more team members to tag out.

Had a hen and Jake come non the decoys the other night and also saw 8 toms but they held up at 80 yards also found that my blind was set up on one of those underground bee hive nests. Lol we moved pretty quick when the whole ground seemed to be buzzing

Out now. Had to deal with something I haven't had to worry about in quite a while, trespassers. Getting in the blind on the cusp of daybreak and heard a couple of guys talking. I am set up pretty close to the edge of our property so I though the sound must be carrying and the neighbors were out. After my first warm up sequence I heard "HEY" really loud and close. I got out of the blind to see two guys walking/running away. Been real quiet after that. Hopefully in an hour or so the birds start talking again. We shall see.

Going out for the first time tomorrow morning.
    Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.

Good luck monsterbuxk. I'm in the blind now and had 2 Hens just come out. Heard gobbles all over this morning.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast