Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Team 2 - FanAddicts

Post an update guys for us poor smucks stuck at home today. Will be out in the AM if not thunder storming. Let's get a few more team birds down this weekend.

John's Custom Prostaff { no other string is even close }

Had a shot this morning. Missed. Sorry, will give it another shot this evening.

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.

Had a total of 8 Toms out in the field this morning (off and on) but they really seemed to be wary of the blinds. Buddy and I set up on opposite sides of the field. I watched 4 Toms walking from my right toward another group of birds to my left do a sharp turn and skirt around behind my buddies blind before coming out again on the other side. Those Turkeys always move back and forth through the field and this morning they stayed at the ends of the field away from us. Really just had the one get close at 36 yards but I think I shot too low.
    Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.

Keep at it, I will be out in the morn if it isn't crazy thunderstorms.

Got rained out this AM, but someone else on the team has to get a bird down soon. Any luck guys?

Anyone braving the weather this week and going out? Time is ticking away for the season and contest.

Shot one the other day but it hunkered down in a brush pile on the neighbors and couldn't get to it. We got nailed in that big storm last night. I am just hoping I can find my blind when I head back out lol. I am going out Thursday morning and was going to go tonight but the weather is getting pretty bad out. Saw one strutting in the past 2 fields at 2 p.m. the past 2 days on the way home from work.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Anyone else out today?
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot

I have to work all weekend, but trying to get out a bit tomorrow. Having any luck out there?

Been out a couple of times but the birds seem to remember my blind. They are a working the other end of the field. Need to change things up this weekend. Wish the rain would stop as the field is a Swamp

I am stuck at work all weekend, but can't help out the team anymore anyway (would love to put another bird on the ground though). Please tell me at least one team member will be out this beautiful weekend in the Midwest. I know it's all for fun but we are getting out buts kicked here guys.

I will go out in the morning probably both days. Shot some fish bowfishing today though!

Have 4 toms out with a bunch of hand strutting around. Gobbles everywher. They have put on a great show so far. Just need one in range now

They continue to elude me. Obviously their brains are bigger than mine. What the heck am I doing with all that wasted space in my head?

Had 4 Toms pushing another one across the field. Really looked like they were going to walk him right to me. Then at 70 yards they went into full on chase mode and chased him off into the woods.

They were out here working the field most of the morning. Closest they got was 64 yards.

How about some good news. I finally got my bear mount back. Been waiting a long time for it. Here's the thread if anybody wants to see it:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2243216

Anyone have any luck this weekend?

Nope. Went back out this morning and all I saw was a lone hen.

It been a solid week and a half since I have gotten out might have to kill a morning and this weekend to try and top my bird.

Sad to say fella's but my short 2 week season here in Michigan is over.....no bird, nothing but hens and hung up Toms....weather here in Michigan has been absolutely horrible, coldest April and May on record, high winds, rain, first time in years that I was skunked
    TEAM 11 CAPED & QUARTERED
    HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC CUSTOM BOW SLINGS, RANGEFINDER LANYARDS, BINOCULAR LANYARDS, DUCK/GOOSE LANYARDS, BIRD TOTES, NECK LANYARDS, SURVIVAL BRACELETS, DOG COLLARS, KEY FOBS
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK-HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES, LLC PRO STAFF- TEAM MICHIGAN

Quote Originally Posted by 4IDARCHER View Post
    It been a solid week and a half since I have gotten out might have to kill a morning and this weekend to try and top my bird.
    Man you have the highest scoring bird in the contest. Going to be hard to top. Hope we can get a few more guys on the board. I'll try again this weekend.

Anyone else been out? I may head out tonight or tomorrow night. Haven't been out for a few days.

Tomorrow will be my last go around most likely. Something at work came up and had to log a lot of extra hours this week so I didn't get out this morning. Would be awesome if the team could get at least one more bird on the ground.

Finally got back out into the blind this morning, man it feels good. Have heard from buddies that the Toms are sticking with the hens pretty tight right now, but we will see. They are talking a lot this morning so that is a good sign at least. Good luck to everyone this beautiful Iowan weekend.

Anyone else get out today? Still in the blind but not a ton going on.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast