a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team 3 - Fandamonium

Still have alittle over a month till season opens here. Might go out this weekend and do some scouting if I get done with class on time Saturday.

2014 Elite Energy 35 ap snow, Elite QAD, Sword Twilight hunter, 8" dead silent Stab

Went out twice this weekend and had two great hunts. Went out Saturday morning and did more scouting then anything but saw close to 75 turkey's.

Made it out around 5 Sunday evening and had a great hunt. Sat in the blind for two hours and knew the turkey's wernt going to come by my blind on there way to the roost so I decided to do a spot and staulk type deal and set up in between where they would be coming from. The toms ended up coming first and I was still on my belly and they ended up coming within 10 yards of me but couldn't get a shot without standing up and spooking them. After they passed I was able to sit on my knees and watched as the turkeys continued to come in from right behind me and up in front of the creek bank 10 yards in front of me.

Here's some pics from Saturday and Sundays hunt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

Cool pics!
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

No practice tonight! Going out this evening after school and will hopefully get on some big toms
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

Got it done tonight on a great spot and stalk hunt in a pasture. Took about three hours but I managed to get within 30 yards of the group of 50 plus turkey's and took a 30 yard shot at the biggest tom I saw and nailed him!

Bird weighed 24 lbs
    Beard was 9" long
    Left spur was 1 1/8"
    Right spur was 1 1/16"

Even managed to find a shed along the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

Great job, Kid! That is the heaviest bird in the contest to date (remember to score him in the official scoring thread - otherwise he won't count). And that bird would put us on the board and in second place (with a lot of hunting ahead of us). Congrats!!
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorkid1 View Post
    Got it done tonight on a great spot and stalk hunt in a pasture. Took about three hours but I managed to get within 30 yards of the group of 50 plus turkey's and took a 30 yard shot at the biggest tom I saw and nailed him!

Bird weighed 24 lbs
    Beard was 9" long
    Left spur was 1 1/8"
    Right spur was 1 1/16"

Even managed to find a shed along the way!
    Great Job on a huge Tom.. sounds like a fun hunt!

I have less than 2 weeks till season starts and im off the first 9 days. I think i know exactly where there going mid morning.
    "Dream Team #17"
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL Black Ops
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech Allegiance Black Marble

Congrats outdoorkid1 still have a few weeks till season starts here in Pa. Every morning I get in my truck to go to work I hear about 3 toms and a bunch of jake gobbling about 300 yards from my driveway. Getting pretty excited and my buddy just bought a call press and we are making some pretty sweet calls, picked up a custom box call some guy in town makes to, going to be a good season
    2014 Elite Energy 35 ap snow, Elite QAD, Sword Twilight hunter, 8" dead silent Stab

Thanks guys! Put it in the official scoring thread and that will not be the end to my season.
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

Nicely done kid. You showed a lot of patience to make a stalk like that. That bird is a big 'un.
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release
    Gold Tip XT Hunters 28.5 in. w/Blazer Vanes and Wraps

The juices are flowing now guys. There is one spot near my house that is still like "country." The parks system area lies next to a farm on two sides. The deer and turkeys move in and out of the fields regularly. It is kind of neat with this going on in a metro area. There is one dead end road that you can cruise to see them moving around. Last night I timed it perfect. As I pulled onto the road I could see deer crossing the road. As I got closer, there was a flock of turkeys crossing the road about 60 yards up. The tom was a bit behind and started strutting like crazy as I got closer and closer. There were three nice toms in all. Too bad I can't hunt there though.
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release
    Gold Tip XT Hunters 28.5 in. w/Blazer Vanes and Wraps

Ours opens tomorrow, but it's pouring. Probably hit it midweek. Congrats on a great bird. Love the pictures

Well it's opening day guys. I located a few good birds yesterday. Man they were gobbling alot. Hopefully one of those opening days we all dream of.
    "Dream Team #17"

Great morning guys... My son and I doubled by 710!! Both nice toms. I will post pics and score when I can
    "Dream Team #17"

Hey guys heres a couple pics of mine and my sons birds. Great hunt..we dont get out much together anymore due to off setting work schedules. I found these birds yesterday gobbling and strutting. I knew when i seen them where they were heading and we set up on them perfectly this morning! we had a great ambush spot.
    Pretty happy for him this is the first gobbler he has taken with a bow!
    My bird weighed 21.5# with a 9" beard and both spurs were 1 3/8" and scored 67.
    My sons was 19.5# with a 9 1/2" beard

IMAG0637.jpg
    IMAG0644.jpg
    "Dream Team #17"

I I shot a decent one this morning in a rain storm. Had a 10.5 inch beard and a little over 21 pounds. Pics to follow

Here we go.

Can one of you guys tell me how to compress the picture on my I pad so I can turn in for scoring? Technology is not being my friend

Way to go guys!!!

The turkeys are going absolutely crazy around here! They roasted litterally 30 yards from my bedroom window this morning and woke me up a little before 6:00 a.m. When I left for school I counted over 20 turkey's in our pasture with all of the cows.

Driving on my way to school this morning I drove by one of my hunting spots and in the field right by my blind there was all kinds of turkey's spread out across the field. I'm taking my buddy out tomorrow morning with the shotgun, hopefully we cN get it done.
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

I went out yesterday and only saw 4 hens and two jakes. Seems like the strutters around here are a littled henned up. I didnt hear any gobbling after they flew off the roost either.

I wont be able to get out again until this Saturday so hopefully they are a little more fired up by then!!!

By the way thats a great start for our team. 3 birds down already!!!!!
    Mathews Z7 Extreme Sword Twilight Hunter

Tagged out this morning guys! Tons of action. I set up on hill over looking 2 big fields. It was raining pretty steady and the birds came straight to the fields. At one time we had 10 jakes 3 toms and a couple hens in the field.my buddy is trying for his second bird with a bow but has missed two different birds so far today. Next bird in was my turn. The tom poked his head over the hill and when he seen my decoy he came straight in. Shot him at 6 yards .. I was surprised when I picked him up he had double beards!! Maybe I can up my score from yesterday.. I will post pics later.. good luck guys
    "Dream Team #17"

Here is a pic of my second bird guys. Didnt score better than the first, but i'm pretty happy to have taken two mature birds again this year with my bow. This turkey weighed 23 1/2# with 1 1/8" spurs and had double beards...8 1/2" and 7"! Good luck to everyone thats still hunting.
    IMAG0649.jpg
    IMAG0651.jpg
    "Dream Team #17"

Awesome bird man!! Congrats!

I was going to take a vacation day from work tomorrow but with the rain in the forecast i'm just going to wait until Saturday to get back out.
    Mathews Z7 Extreme Sword Twilight Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by d_miller_20 View Post
    Awesome bird man!! Congrats!

I was going to take a vacation day from work tomorrow but with the rain in the forecast i'm just going to wait until Saturday to get back out.
    Thanks..
    I killed my second bird Tuesday morning in between rain showers. He hung around in the field the whole time it was raining and when it stopped he got fired up.. for a minute..lol
    "Dream Team #17"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast