a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 4 - Dead Red Heads

Quote Originally Posted by jayson2984 View Post

I do like the looks of that box call. That is my next project. Just after I make a few more pot calls of my uncle and a friends.

tt_00506.jpg

Now that's what I call a Paintbrush on the bird on the right.....
    Hoyt Alphamax 35...28"....63#
    Vital Bow Gear Kaz Dropaway Rest
    Cobra Single Pin Adjustable Sight
    Goldtip ProHunter 5575 Arrows w/ Raven Broadheads, Magnus Bullheads for Thunder Chickens
    Team #4 Dead Red Heads

Quote Originally Posted by TDOGG View Post
    tt_00506.jpg

Now that's what I call a Paintbrush on the bird on the right.....
    That is gigantic! !!

Quote Originally Posted by hillscreekkid View Post
    I do like the looks of that box call. That is my next project. Just after I make a few more pot calls of my uncle and a friends.
    I would like to make some someday. i bought the above from SS custom.

Some pretty promissing trail cam pics for sure! Ive been out shed hunting a few times but havent seen much turkey sign yet. No worries, I know the birds will be there eventually.

Those are some good looking calls that you made, very nice! I'll be going with my ol' trusty Pittman slate and a few K&H diaphrams.
    2013 Bowtech Insanity

dsdhen1.jpgdsdhen2.jpg
    Just got another addition to my decoy spread....DSD Breeding Hen. She should go just fine with my DSD Submissive Jake.....man I cant wait till the 28th.
    Goldtip ProHunter 5575 Arrows w/ Raven Broadheads, Magnus Bullheads for Thunder Chickens
    Team #4 Dead Red Heads

dsdhen1.jpgdsdhen2.jpg
    Just got another addition to my decoy spread....DSD Breeding Hen. She should go just fine with my DSD Submissive Jake.....man I cant wait till the 28th.
    That looks nice.....Does it just sit on the ground?
    Team 28

Quote Originally Posted by jwg1976 View Post
    That looks nice.....Does it just sit on the ground?
    Yes it does....

Great looking decoy. I'm seeing a lot of birds around which is awesome but I cant start chasing them until May 3rd...sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMOSSYHORNS View Post
    Great looking decoy. I'm seeing a lot of birds around which is awesome but I cant start chasing them until May 3rd...sucks!
    yea same here....I don't have to wait that long though....thank god...lol

Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. Been busy with work. Hunting has been very tough in Tennessee. I've had no luck with the bow. Killed one with the gun last Friday on public land. Ky opens Saturday and that's where I usually kill my bow birds. Hopefully I'll get us on the board this weekend.

dsdhen1.jpgdsdhen2.jpg
    Nice looking decoy. Put her under a jake or strutter and watch them run to you.

Quote Originally Posted by callaway71 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. Been busy with work. Hunting has been very tough in Tennessee. I've had no luck with the bow. Killed one with the gun last Friday on public land. Ky opens Saturday and that's where I usually kill my bow birds. Hopefully I'll get us on the board this weekend.
    good luck man....hope you let the air out of one and het us on the board....I still have almost three weeks.....

How do you guys usually set up? I do not have a blind so I usually set up 5 yards in side the woods and put my decoys maybe 10 to 15 yards in front of me. Only problem I run into is I do not get a very good view of the field. Last year I had birds surprise me more than once.

I do it a lot like this. But I made a set of bow sticks so I can have my hands free if I need them. http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...unting-turkeys

How do you guys usually set up? I do not have a blind so I usually set up 5 yards in side the woods and put my decoys maybe 10 to 15 yards in front of me. Only problem I run into is I do not get a very good view of the field. Last year I had birds surprise me more than once.

I do it a lot like this. But I made a set of bow sticks so I can have my hands free if I need them. http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...unting-turkeys

I don't use a blind if I gun hunt. With a bow I do. I have bow hunted in the past without one, but they have very good eye sight...lol. I set my deks out no more than 10 yards from the blind. If I gun hunt with no blind I put the out 15-20 yards. I always keep my DSD Submissive Jake the closest....9 of 10 times the past all others and go right to him.

Lol....I just ordered my Bowstix today.

I use blind some and some without. Put decoys about 15 yds. I use a kickstand so all I have to do is draw back. I always use a strutter decoy when I'm bowhunting and put a hen on the ground right in front of him.

Back from Kansas. Those birds are giants out there. Unfortunately didn't have time to hunt birds, to much area to scout for deer.

Sorry for not posting much. Busy with work .
    Big flocks . Finally had a good weekend and not a peep. Now today we have a snowstorm! Going to be an ugly season. There is a bridge repair construction site just off of the area we hunt and we havnt seen a bird since last fall. Add to that the on going drought.....
    Staff Shooter for CCA (Cheap Custom Arrowwraps)check us out on the web to order your wraps
    '08 Martin Firecat a righty
    '06 Martin Slayer a lefty

Ky was a bust. It's the first time ever I didn't kill on opening weekend. I've never seen the turkeys act this way. Still in big flocks. I had three gobblers at 30 yds but decided not to shoot and take a chance of missing or wounding a bird. I'll get back at them Friday.

Frustration set in...had to take the gun. Ky bird: 25.5lbs, 10 1/8" beard, 1 1/8" and 1" spurs.

Frustration set in...had to take the gun. Ky bird: 25.5lbs, 10 1/8" beard, 1 1/8" and 1" spurs.

Very nice - Congrats!!!
    Team 28

WGI_1180.jpgWGI_1175.jpgWGI_1159.jpgWGI_0923.jpg

Not sure what's up with that Toms fan, but he's got a hell of a paintbrush on his chest.......
    glad to see I have a few birds to choose from.........
    Team #4 Dead Red Heads

Nice bird man......
    Team #4 Dead Red Heads

Set my blind up this afternoon for my opening morning tomorrow - Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight
    OpeningMornBlind.jpg
    This is view out in front of the blind - This is the ridge I have been getting most of my good pics off of
    OpeningMornBlindView.jpg
    Team 28

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast