a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Team 5 - Gobbler Getters

Gonna start getting light in 2.5 hours lazy you awake yet! I'm hunting through your season right now ! I worked till 1130 can't sleep gotta be back in at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Hower08 View Post
    Gonna start getting light in 2.5 hours lazy you awake yet! I'm hunting through your season right now ! I worked till 1130 can't sleep gotta be back in at 6.
    Lol!!! Just got tapatalk working again on phone. Saw 2 deer, called in 2 hunters and heard no gobbles. Only hunted a couple of hours. Daughter came for dinner last nite and was complaining about her trucks brakes. Came out early today to put on brakes
    DCA National Shooting Staff, PM me for 10% off
    High Country Archery Field Staff HIGHCOUNTRYARCHERY.NET
    Archeryshack Strings Field Staff ARCHERYSHACKSTRINGS.COM

TEAM #7 Se7en Pyschopaths

Hey you can do mine tomorrow!

Hey you can do mine tomorrow!
    Hahaha. 1 is plenty. Found out that 1 of the guys that walked in on me was buddy that had permission to be there. Feeling better that it wasn't trespassers.

glad it wasnt trespassers lazy. seems like every year we gotta chase one or two off during turkey season.

What's the good word lazy?! And when's the morrels start popping down their

Went and shot 3d yesterday instead of hunt. Tourneys just once a month at our club and hadn't shot 1 since january. Not much of a mushroom guy but won't be long before the ramps are ready.

Well lazy looks like I might be pounding some public this year. Found out today I lost one of my small sweet spots. My dad talked to the owner of the property we hunt past week not a whole lot of bird sightings and not a whole lot making noise either . What ever happens I'll be giving it all I got

Got permission last week on a piece of private property that I've turkey hunted for my whole turkey career (This will be my 6th season). Drove by Monday and there was a decent tom with about a 9 inch beard and 4 hens on the road/in the field. Tuesday morning I headed down there to find the roost, found it and kept check on them until about 845 when they headed onto the neighboring property and the gobbling stopped. Put out the trail cam near the roost and in the same spot I shot mine last year and got a few pictures of him and 1 hen last night as they headed to roost. Went down there again this morning, they were roosted in the same spot as the morning before. Spotted 2 hens up in the trees but couldn't locate the gobbler but he was gobbling his head off even though it wasn't the best conditions. Cloudy, windy and cool.. Watched them fly down and after fly down didn't hear another gobble.

Decided to come back a few hours later to see if I couldn't find them again. About a half mile away there were 2 hens just off the road along the river. Thought maybe they were hens from a different flock. Tried the locator call all over the property and couldn't get a response. Did a little more scouting, looking for tracks and what not. Headed back to the truck and headed towards home and I spotted the tom and a couple hens just up the river along the field edge heading back towards the property I hunt. My season starts Monday and runs through Friday!

Hower and ben....good luck to both of you. I'm off friday and saturday. Might hunt both days. Not really seeing or hearing anything. Its seems to have peaked. But will hunt hard!!!

Thanks lazy from all my reports of local turkey hunters I know and that are lucky enough to be able to go scout every morning the birds are just starting to split should be right on for us this year in slowhio

Birds are still roosting in the same trees for the most part. Not much gobbling yesterday morning but he was gobbling to beat heck and strutting/drumming up on the roost this morning. Took monday through wednesday off from work.

Good luck ben I'm gonna be out in the morning listening . I'll be able to hunt Monday and wed - sunday

Well my bow is sighted in and tomorrow is opening day! Wish me luck.

Good luck everybody I'll be out in the morning with my old man RH1 of team fandamonium. My blind means I get first shot. I'll save the Jake for him

Good luck guys. Heard nothing friday. Couldn't go saturday.

Done 645 this morning! Pics to come

Awesome!!!!!!!

ResizedImage_1398090309387.jpg
    20140421_094233.jpg

6:45 am me and my old man doubled by 7:05 would have been done at the same time if it wasnt for some miscommunication on my part!! Also my first gobbler with a bow!not a bad season for 30 min in the blind!

Congrats nice bird, I should have been with you, only called in 2 jakes at my place.

Thanks car! We seen another long beard when we were walking out and their were 4 Jakes following the bird my dad shot. My girlfriend wants to kill her first bird so we will most likely be in their sat or sunday baby sitters permitting! Should a cut the head off one of them Jakes!

And my boy is saying Turkeysss!! Instead of cheese in the picture she. He seen it in the truck he went WOAHH COOL!

And my boy is saying Turkeysss!! Instead of cheese in the picture she. He seen it in the truck he went WOAHH COOL!
    This is great!!!!!!

Won't know for another day or so but I may have stumbled into 80 acres to hunt that hasn't been hunted yet this spring. Should know for sure by thursday. Fingers crossed!!

Sounds sweet lazy!! I'll be out in morning again might get lucky and get a bigger one!! My dad tagged out today with a nice double beard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast