Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Team 5 - Gobbler Getters

guys i messed up. big beautiful tom 6 yards draw aim shoot hit the bird what i thought was a perfect shot. the bird was hurt bad knocked him off his feet stumbled into the woods stops and goes down about 60 yds away. im jacked thought it was a done deal as soon as i get to the wood line the bird jumps up and takes off running. i shot the bird at 818 didnt leave the woods till 1130 never did find the bird ended up with 3 of us looking for it! damn turkeys he was a stud too. i would guess 11-12'' beard big long hooks and well over 20 pounds would have been one of the top 3 birds ive killed im pretty sick from the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hower08 View Post
    guys i messed up. big beautiful tom 6 yards draw aim shoot hit the bird what i thought was a perfect shot. the bird was hurt bad knocked him off his feet stumbled into the woods stops and goes down about 60 yds away. im jacked thought it was a done deal as soon as i get to the wood line the bird jumps up and takes off running. i shot the bird at 818 didnt leave the woods till 1130 never did find the bird ended up with 3 of us looking for it! damn turkeys he was a stud too. i would guess 11-12'' beard big long hooks and well over 20 pounds would have been one of the top 3 birds ive killed im pretty sick from the whole thing
    Don't be too hard on yourself bud. Sounds like you looked everywhere for it. Tough birds!!!
    DCA National Shooting Staff, PM me for 10% off
    High Country Archery Field Staff HIGHCOUNTRYARCHERY.NET
    Archeryshack Strings Field Staff ARCHERYSHACKSTRINGS.COM

TEAM #7 Se7en Pyschopaths

He kid it happens sometimes. We looked everywhere we could get to. That section of woods is nasty with blow downs since that tornado 2 years ago. He could be anywhere in there and we cant possibly get under everything.
    "Dream Team #17"
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL Black Ops
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech Allegiance Black Marble

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhubby70 View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself bud. Sounds like you looked everywhere for it. Tough birds!!!
    We looked everywhere twice lazy! I'm taking my girlfriend out Saturday then Sunday I'm probably going to go to a public spot full of big mature birds its also the place where I killed my biggest bird yet 12" beard 1.5" spurs 23.5 pounds. Not sure if I'm gonna bow hunt or take the scatter gun

I haven't been on here much and I haven't been hunting yet. My nephew and cousin both killed birds this morning in Missouri. I should make it out by the end of the week

Sent from my HTCONE

Well no turkey for me I'll put up a re-cap of my week pretty soon

I'm probably done also. Couple of weeks left but not seeing or hearing anything. Went tonight.....zilch!

Come on guys it ain't over till that last minute of season. I thought I was out of big birds but I found another big old fat tom the other day if I get time this week I'm gonna be out their trying to lay him down

Come on guys it ain't over till that last minute of season. I thought I was out of big birds but I found another big old fat tom the other day if I get time this week I'm gonna be out their trying to lay him down
    Agree. Just looking at my schedule over next couple of weeks gonna make it hard to get back out. My turkey hunting stuff minus my bow is always in the trunk

It only gets better the later into spring it gets when they start tunning out of hens

My season in NY has started today, but today I'm at work. I'll make it out this weekend and see what I can put down.
    Mathews Regional Factory Pro Staff, Sure-Loc,
    Easton Archery, Stanislawski Archery Products, Bee Stinger Products, and
    Ramcat Broadheads.

Good luck NY

X2...good luck. Just got told my work schedule changes next week. I'm done. Season ends on mothers day. Only chance I had to go was 3 nights this week because I would have been off at 3p. New sched....10a-7p. Grrrrrrrrrr. Tried to get them to postpone a week but no dice....but.....should be doing some bowfishing next week since I can sleep in....

Our bow fishing gets good in about 2 weeks lazy. Last two weekends in may seem to be the best for numbers and size up here. Get em when they are spawning makes for a good time!0530101206.jpg

I have back waters behind my work. Went at lunch at made sure everything was ready for tonite. Missed 1st 4 I shot at but connected with #5. I didn't want to come back in after lunch...lol. Will post up some pics tomorrow if all goes well for us tonite...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Having a blast busting carp and gar...

I would love to get a gar. We have a river with an OK population of them and a chain of lakes with some in them
    Never had a shot at one though

Sorry guys, I've got 2 turkey this season and both were with my shotgun. Every time I went with a bow never had a shot at one.

Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    Sorry guys, I've got 2 turkey this season and both were with my shotgun. Every time I went with a bow never had a shot at one.
    Great job!!

Thanks!

Good job car nothing wrong with the ol scatter gun

I'm done, season is over here in Ohio. Sorry I wasn't able to put any points on the board for our team.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345