a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 6 - Cluck Dynasty

Not quite sure for a name? I really don't care what we pick. How about the Traveling Turkey's? You guys decide. Cluck dynasty isn't bad either. Trash Talkin Turkey's? I'm good with whatever you pick

Alright guys, let's get this name thing nailed down so we can be a proper team. Here's a list of all the names I've seen thrown out on the thread. Everybody please vote so we can register the name:

Spur collectors
    Beard busters
    Gobbler getters
    Dawn patrol
    Turkey Team Six
    Cluck dynasty
    Trash talking turkeys
    Traveling turkeys

Cast your vote or feel free to write one in if you've got another idea or I missed one. Thanks!

Darrick

one vote for cluck dynasty
    NINGA ELITE ENERGY 35, 65#, B-Stinger, axcel, TT, NAP Apache, limbsaver, Gold Tip, tru-ball ABSOLUTE 360. [COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR]
    https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refs...ser=1123296262
    TEAM #9 BOTTOM OF THE 9TH

Or how many of you have beards? We could be bearded killas or fear the beard lol
    NINGA ELITE ENERGY 35, 65#, B-Stinger, axcel, TT, NAP Apache, limbsaver, Gold Tip, tru-ball ABSOLUTE 360. [COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrader View Post
    Or how many of you have beards? We could be bearded killas or fear the beard lol
    Beard here
    Hoyt faktor 34 60lbs armortech 5-pin, qad hdx, doinker unity
    Hoyt PCE XL 60lbs achieve sight, TD rest, doinker fatty stabs
    60x field staff
    http://www.60xcustomstrings.com

Cluck dynasty sounds fine to me
    Hoyt faktor 34 60lbs armortech 5-pin, qad hdx, doinker unity
    Hoyt PCE XL 60lbs achieve sight, TD rest, doinker fatty stabs
    60x field staff
    http://www.60xcustomstrings.com

Fear the Beard sounds pretty sweet
    I am in for Cluck Dynasty or Fear the Beard whichever majority decide is fine with me.

Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

cluck dynasty is good
    HOYT CRX 32

11-8, best day of the year

Cluck Dynasty seems to be the majority - I will register the name with the mods...

what do you guys think about this for a team avatar?

it doesn't look bad in the avatar size.....

Joe
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

Quote Originally Posted by 12-Ringer View Post
    Cluck Dynasty seems to be the majority - I will register the name with the mods...

what do you guys think about this for a team avatar?

it doesn't look bad in the avatar size.....

Joe
    I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrader View Post
    I like it!
    I am changing the font from red to white so it stands out better in the avatar. Will have it uploaded in a
    www the 12-ring . com
    383 grains @ 300fps

This looks better in avatar size - if you guys want to use it simply right click it and save in your avatar spot in USER CP

Hoping for a great season....

Joe
    www the 12-ring . com
    383 grains @ 300fps

Sounds good! I have a beard at the moment but not that long! Lol

Sounds good Joe!

I love that name and avatar!
    Don't write checks with your mouth that you can't cash with your butt...-GregBS
    Spyder 30,fmj, Hogg father, phatheads=deadly

It was beautiful out side yesterday so I went out a shot about 100 shots throughout the day to start getting ready for turkey season. I try to shoot everyday if I can. I will also start shooting sitting down and kneeling down to replicate shooting from a blind. I've started practicing with my calls when the wife isn't around. That way I don't drive her crazy. I'm lucky she supports me and my hobby so I try to keep it that way.

I will be hunting with my customized GT 500 again this year, set at 63lbs. it pushes as 383 grain arrow at an even 300fps. I will likely swap out to the 2" 2-blade Rage for the spring, as opposed to the 100 grain 4-blade Muzzy MX4's that tip my CX Maxima Hunters throughout the deer season. I may give the crossbow a test, especially if my son is with me, he is really itching to get a bird and a few properties that I have in 5C are archery only. He shoots his Edge very well, but I am not comfortable releasing him on the flock with the current draw weight he handles at this moment.

Since it seems a few of you hunt from a blind, I thought I'd ask for some advice. Up to this point I have been very happy with my Primos (featured at the end of the video below), but it appears the snow and ice got the better of the blind this year. I will be giving it a closer inspection in a week or so, once I can get it of the ground, but it is not looking good. I can see a few busted rods and at least one the wall hub seems inverted. I figures if I am going to get a new one this spring I could ask a few teammates what you have and what you like???

I put together this clip from a weekend in Potter County last spring. Once I realized I was dealing with three jakes I thought I'd have some fun, no doubt too much calling, but I wasn't really interested in trying to harvest one of these little guys. Turns out two others snuck quietly behind the blind, one was very nice 10"+ beard - Murphy's Law strikes again, focused on the ones out in the field, and didn't notice the smarter birds sneaking in behind me (thus the tune at the end of the clip). Live and learn...even at my age I believe that there is a lesson to be learned each and every time you step into the woods; the successful hunters are those open to paying attention to those lesson....

I never claimed to be a videographer or film editor, but I am learning...as is the case with much of what we do, more time would likely yield better results, but if I am going to be away from my family I want to be in the woods hunting, not behind a computer screen in the office.....

Joe
    www the 12-ring . com
    383 grains @ 300fps

12-Ringer
    It looks like maybe you have the "Predator Den" Primos blind. It's is a very good blind for the money. I've had one since they first came out. Don't write it off because it got crushed by snow. Because of the design, hub style blinds don't stand up well to ice and snow. If you're going to leave it out late in the season, you can brace the roof hub with a post support from the ground. Primos actually sells something for this as an accessory. A stout branch with a short "Y" on the end can work fine or you can rig up a 2x2 or the like with a cradle for the hub. I usually avoid the issue by doing same day sets late season.

For me, I do day sets mostly so a blind has to be rugged enough to withstand all the handling involved packing in and out and popping up and down 50 or 60 times a year. My favorite blind is the Double Bull "Dark Horse" before they sold to Primos. Primos replaced it with the similar "Blind Luck" a couple years ago. It's pretty good blind. I have one of these too. I like the 180 view with the ability to squeeze the opening down to a narrow slit to let less light in. I don't like that lack in window style blinds. To keep interior light to a minimum, I usually open only a couple windows in front with this style and this creates blind spots in the spaces between windows unless you keep moving your head from side to side all the time. I've had birds and deer come in on those blind spots and catch me off guard more than once. The Primos "Vision" isn't a bad blind either. A buddy has one that I've hunted out of. I've had a couple Ameristep blinds and I'd avoid them. The price is attractive, but they just don't hold up to heavy use. The most I ever got out of one is 2 seasons. These are the only blinds I've had direct experience with. Hope it helps.

Everything helps....I am hoping that the blind isn't toasted. Should know next week the extent of the damage.

Joe
    www the 12-ring . com
    383 grains @ 300fps

Quote Originally Posted by 12-Ringer View Post
    Everything helps....I am hoping that the blind isn't toasted. Should know next week the extent of the damage.

Joe
    I think you can get replacement fiberglass struts for the hubs from Primos if that's all that broke. I know you used to be able to get them from Double Bull as breakage was common in the early days.

Darrick

Darrick - do you know if the blind featured in this post simialr to your top choice?

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2159765

Joe
    www the 12-ring . com
    383 grains @ 300fps

Joe

Very, very similar. That's a very competitive price for that style. I've heard really good things about Rhino Blinds. I just don't have personal experience with them.

Darrick

Thanks!

Joe
    www the 12-ring . com
    383 grains @ 300fps

I have the Ameristep Bone Collector. Only had it for 1 season but so far so good. Held up pretty good to when the wind blew it down the hill twice. I definitely need some heavy duty tent stakes. The ones that come with do not hold up to heavy winds. I'm thinking about getting some of the thread/seam seal. There is a little light that comes in where it is stitched. Price was right.

I don't use a blind. I sit wide open. Makes it interesting!
    Don't write checks with your mouth that you can't cash with your butt...-GregBS
    Spyder 30,fmj, Hogg father, phatheads=deadly

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast