Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 153

Thread: Team 6 - Cluck Dynasty

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    N. Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by BowTechForever View Post
    I don't use a blind. I sit wide open. Makes it interesting!
    That's what I do

    Hoyt faktor 34 60lbs armortech 5-pin, qad hdx, doinker unity stabs
    Bowtech specialist 59lbs 28.5in axcel sight ,cbe scope 4x lens, TR blade, doinker fatty 28.5/15


  2. #52
    I will definitely sit wide open after I kill my first turkey. I started hunting last year and was able to see how close I could call them in. I was able to get them into 20 yard range. I just sat there but didn't even try to shoot one. It was fun just to call them in and observe.

  3. #53
    TTT 14 days and counting down!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Switzerland co. Indiana
    Posts
    317
    I'm seeing a lot of birds lately! opening day can't get here fast enough!
    NINGA ELITE ENERGY 35, 65#, B-Stinger, axcel, TT, NAP Apache, limbsaver, Gold Tip, tru-ball ABSOLUTE 360. [COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR]
    https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refs...ser=1123296262
    TEAM #9 BOTTOM OF THE 9TH

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    N. Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtrader View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of birds lately! opening day can't get here fast enough!
    I'm with you on that. On my way home every day after work I see about 20 birds in field with good amount of deer. But like always count on them disappearing during season. Did some scouting 2 weeks ago before light snow melted off ground. Found a bunch of tracks and possible roosting spots.
    Hoyt faktor 34 60lbs armortech 5-pin, qad hdx, doinker unity stabs
    Bowtech specialist 59lbs 28.5in axcel sight ,cbe scope 4x lens, TR blade, doinker fatty 28.5/15

  6. #56
    Saw a couple of nice gobblers coming home from work the other day! I can't wait. I hope I see some as big as the ones the other day. I'm ready!

  7. #57
    Seven days til my central Nebraska trip! Almost time to start packing! My buddy down there has been scouting us some new properties and said to make sure to buy as many tags as we can. I. Am. Psyched!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Switzerland co. Indiana
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Seven days til my central Nebraska trip! Almost time to start packing! My buddy down there has been scouting us some new properties and said to make sure to buy as many tags as we can. I. Am. Psyched!
    Lucky!
    NINGA ELITE ENERGY 35, 65#, B-Stinger, axcel, TT, NAP Apache, limbsaver, Gold Tip, tru-ball ABSOLUTE 360. [COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR]
    https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refs...ser=1123296262
    TEAM #9 BOTTOM OF THE 9TH

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEBRASKA
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Seven days til my central Nebraska trip! Almost time to start packing! My buddy down there has been scouting us some new properties and said to make sure to buy as many tags as we can. I. Am. Psyched!
    Good luck Chupabra! What day exactly will you begin hunting?
    Elite answer

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEBRASKA
    Posts
    1,264
    *chupacabra. Stupid pgone
    Elite answer

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by HotnTot View Post
    Good luck Chupabra! What day exactly will you begin hunting?
    Hey HotnTot

    I'll get down there mid morning on the 27th. We lost our honey hole from last year so we'll evaluate our new spots (south of St Paul this time) and maybe get a hunt in that day, but more likely pattern and roost birds for the morning of the 28th. We'll be down hunting through Sunday. I'll be back again in 2 weeks but up in the Spencer area this time. That'll be primarily an SD hunt just over the border but I'll hope to clean up any NE tags I have left at that time too.

    What's your plan?

    -Chupacabra

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEBRASKA
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Hey HotnTot

    I'll get down there mid morning on the 27th. We lost our honey hole from last year so we'll evaluate our new spots (south of St Paul this time) and maybe get a hunt in that day, but more likely pattern and roost birds for the morning of the 28th. We'll be down hunting through Sunday. I'll be back again in 2 weeks but up in the Spencer area this time. That'll be primarily an SD hunt just over the border but I'll hope to clean up any NE tags I have left at that time too.

    What's your plan?

    -Chupacabra
    I plan on getting down to my hunting area (Near Pawnee City) on Friday night and putting some birds to bed. Hopefully I'll have one to post the next morning. Later in the season I will hopefully make a trip up north to the Spencer area. That's my favorite place to hunt em.
    Elite answer

  13. #63
    Good luck Chupacabra! Good luck HotnTot! I'm jealous! I have to wait til the week of April 28th. I've been shooting like crazy getting ready so I don't miss my chance when it comes.

    Mike

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    9,926
    Nice to see all of the planning going on - hoping we get out in front early and stay there all season long....I haven't had any good luck locally, but the reports from from a few of my spots are looking promising. I know I will be putting in a lot of my time with my son this year, not sure how that will impact my season...I really want to get him on a bird...

    Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

  15. #65
    Joe,

    Glad to see you will be helping your son out! That's awesome. I hope to one day get my son involved. He's only 4 but he says Daddy go knock that turkey down. Lol. What would be really awesome if you could both shoot one at the same time out of a blind. Good luck.

    Mike

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    9,926
    We've had close encounters the last 2 years. I'm certain if we would have had the shotgun as opposed to the crossbow last year he would have had his first. We work the bird in close but could not get a clear shot through the brush for the crossbow. If he had the 20 gauge it would have been game over. He has been bugging me everyday since last year and let me tell you, that's a really cool feeling. It is my hope that we will knock one down on the youth hunt on April 26. Giving me the rest
    of the season to chase them with my bow...

    Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

  17. #67
    Had a curve ball thrown at me yesterday. Thirty six hours out from leaving and I find out we're not gonna have access to our central Nebraska spots after all. Looks like we'll have to go up to the Niobrara valley as a backup plan. I've got a few spots up there. Not quite the sure thing the central spots were promising to be, but it's better than cancelling altogether. We leave in 18 hours. I'm not going to be very productive at work today...

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Had a curve ball thrown at me yesterday. Thirty six hours out from leaving and I find out we're not gonna have access to our central Nebraska spots after all. Looks like we'll have to go up to the Niobrara valley as a backup plan. I've got a few spots up there. Not quite the sure thing the central spots were promising to be, but it's better than cancelling altogether. We leave in 18 hours. I'm not going to be very productive at work today...
    I am jealous - still have to wait a month.....

    Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    N. Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,124
    Good luck
    Hoyt faktor 34 60lbs armortech 5-pin, qad hdx, doinker unity stabs
    Bowtech specialist 59lbs 28.5in axcel sight ,cbe scope 4x lens, TR blade, doinker fatty 28.5/15

  20. #70
    What type of scales are you using to weigh your turkeys?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  21. #71
    Snowed in bad here on our first day. Roads are impassable, visibility is down to less than 100 yards. Hopefully it stops by tomorrow sometime. Hunkered in for the day. As long as the beer and pizza hold out we should manage to get through it.

    WV
    I use a rapala digital fish scale.

  22. #72
    Thanks Kimber!

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    N. Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Wv helium View Post
    What type of scales are you using to weigh your turkeys?

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Using American weight bow scale. I just remove from my draw board and hang it up for turkey
    Hoyt faktor 34 60lbs armortech 5-pin, qad hdx, doinker unity stabs
    Bowtech specialist 59lbs 28.5in axcel sight ,cbe scope 4x lens, TR blade, doinker fatty 28.5/15

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE, wi
    Posts
    636

    just checked cams yesterday theres a group of 6 toms hangin around just bout everyday. hopefully this snow leaves. ive got april16-22 and may14-20.
    2013 carbon element G3 #71 29"
    easton fmj 525 gr , rage chisel tip 125
    261 fps- momentum-.607 KE-79.33

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEBRASKA
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Thanks Kimber!
    Have you shot one yet?!
    Elite answer

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •