a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 7 - The Tominators

Do it

It's done.
    So, how many birds have you all killed with archery gear? I have taken 3 spring toms and several fall hens. Sold my turkey gun before last season and I won't be buying another one. Love bow hunting them and have done some video too. My vids are really raw though. Last year I promised that I wouldn't shoot until I had really good footage and had two toms in range but not in the camera frame so did not get a bird.
    "Scores are for ball games". -Me-
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Just seen that the mice got to my Jake fan I use for the
    decoy! The little buggers climbed the wall in the.shop!Little uglier now but should still work.
    2013 Turkey Contest Winners!! Wattle Wackers!

Last year's was my first with a bow. Gave my son first shot the year before and he got his first kill . We have the birds patterned pretty well were we hunt so I hope to get it done opening weekend again. Apr12 here.

Going to Az for the kids spring break, if I have any money left I plan on going to Nebraska the last weekend of march.

These are the dekes I used 2 and 3 years ago. Last year I bought a Dakota Xtreme Jake but they wouldn't commit!
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

I've only used a hen with a jake decoy. Do you guys recommend a full strut with the hen?

Strutter has just worked better for me. I took 2 toms in 3 years with a strutter then used a jake and didn't get one. Hopefully this year I'll get one in with the jake...unless I use the strutter!
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Looks like we're still missing Triggins

What kinda set ups you guys shootin?

I shoot a HCA X10 that I'm in the process of redoing. I'll post pics soon.
    Shoot full length Arrows with bullheads.

I shoot a Hoyt charger and this year I'm shooting some cheaper carbon express expandables
    Obsession= the word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmonky View Post
    Looks like we're still missing Triggins
    I sent him, or her, 2 pms.
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Probably going with the Z28 because it has a black riser. I'm still a little leery about shooting the Answer which is snow. Not sure which arrows I'll use but will be using Rocket Hammerhead on the tip! I'll be in a blind with a video camera and using a combination of a Peeping Tom, Dakota Xtreme Jake and a cheapo hen.
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Actually it's the Pretty Penny that came with the Peeping Tom. My bad.
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Last year I used a cabelas truter with a tiny Jake tail and a foam hen and a Primos hen. It's all about the bird! 2 years ago I shot a little Jake after he seen my Jake decoy and was running away lol.

Shooting an Omen with Victory HV V3's tipped with an exodus.

Hey guys checking in. Sorry for the delay. Love the team name! I hunt MN, missed out on two toms last year, this year I will not let history repeat itself. Best of luck to everyone!
    Things and Stuff. I need a Navy Seal bow!

Welcome!
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Here's a couple videos of my turkey kills from 2010 and 2012. There is a little bit of "no action time" but not too bad. I got a different camera for 2013 but did not connect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGFQWb3lprU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrhFjd6_YSE
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Cool videos man.

I know they are very amateurish but it makes it even more exciting and hectic when a tom comes in and I'm gonna get a chance! It's more fun! Those two videos were taken with an old 8mm camera and I hope to get the next opportunity captured on a digital camera that I bought a couple years ago.
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Ugh! Seems I cant ever have any one touch my bow with out it getting messed up!! The guy down the street couldn't put the strings back on my bow this weeekend soI took it to the bigger shop in town.My press can't take a bow all the way down. Dropped it off and told him just put the strings on and I will tune it and the bow.jax go on the short end of the cable. He said ok 10-15$ came back a hour later and he.said he didn't know if I wanted a D loop and peep. I reminded him that I just needed the strings put on! He said there was a issue with that, he nicked on.of the.serving ends and had to reserve my brand new cable! I just got Core Strings with his special serving. He didn't even do it in halo so it would be clear like the rest. Then he tells me that my stops and mods were not adjusted right and.changed the draw length and let off with out even knowing my length!!

Wait there's more!
    Both bow jax are on one cable so one will feed into the came if its drawn. And I assume nothing is set to.length since one cable looks like it has half the.amount of twists.
    I can fix it all with my press now that its strung. Just super lame that I have to spend my time fixing it and he charged me $30!!!

Sorry for the rant and bad phone typing!

our set up last year. If you look close you see the blood from mu tom just to the right past the Jake. They roost in the furthest tree you.can.see to.the.left.

here is a pic of the new paint on.my limbs. I'll post some together after I get it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmonky View Post
    Ugh! Seems I cant ever have any one touch my bow with out it getting messed up!! The guy down the street couldn't put the strings back on my bow this weeekend soI took it to the bigger shop in town.My press can't take a bow all the way down. Dropped it off and told him just put the strings on and I will tune it and the bow.jax go on the short end of the cable. He said ok 10-15$ came back a hour later and he.said he didn't know if I wanted a D loop and peep. I reminded him that I just needed the strings put on! He said there was a issue with that, he nicked on.of the.serving ends and had to reserve my brand new cable! I just got Core Strings with his special serving. He didn't even do it in halo so it would be clear like the rest. Then he tells me that my stops and mods were not adjusted right and.changed the draw length and let off with out even knowing my length!!

Wait there's more!
    Both bow jax are on one cable so one will feed into the came if its drawn. And I assume nothing is set to.length since one cable looks like it has half the.amount of twists.
    I can fix it all with my press now that its strung. Just super lame that I have to spend my time fixing it and he charged me $30!!!

Sorry for the rant and bad phone typing!
    Yikes! I feel for you man. That's b.s.
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

I'll be trying for a 3rd period tag tomorrow at 10am! Hope I can do it on my phone. Ya gotta be quick! Or if I'm close to a sport shop I might just run in and try that!
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast