Archery Talk Forum banner

Team 7 - The Tominators

8K views 197 replies 11 participants last post by  NEhunter22 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Here is your team for the 9th Annual Archerytalk Turkey Contest! Please begin by signing in and having 1 member send a PM to each of the remaining members advising them of what team they are on with a link to this thread. Use this thread for discussion purposes including posting trail camera pictures, discussing tactics, etc. Discuss among yourselves a team name and have your team come to a majority. Once a team name is chosen, have one of your teammates post it in the Team Name Registration thread. Please keep your team in the loop as the season goes on. Hunt smart and have a safe and successful season! Good luck to each and every one of you!

AJBabcock
Bones816
huey_st
krojemann
Monster11
NEhunter22
phk691
Rockmonky
spekwa91
Triggins

#4 ·
NEhunter22 checking in from NE. I haven't killed a bird with my bow yet but I'm feeling really good about this year I have a new spot with a lot of birds I got some new expandables that will hopefully allow me to kill one instead of wounding and I think I mastered the mouth call so hopefully all these things will lead to me getting a bird. And depending on my cousin I might go down into Kansas and hunt them

#6 ·
Checking in from Sconsin. I'll be staying here but hopefully hunting multiple time periods. Right now I have first period which is April 16-22. I'll be trying for a 3rd period tag when the leftovers go on sale. Periods 4,5 and 6 will be easy to get if I want to spend the $.

#18 ·
1 tag, 1 week season. I can try to get tags in 4 of the remaining weeks. 3 of them will be easy to get, 4th, 5th and 6th periods. 3rd period will be the most desirable of the remaining tags and there are not many left. I have 1st period and 2nd period tags are all gone.

#27 ·
It's done.
So, how many birds have you all killed with archery gear? I have taken 3 spring toms and several fall hens. Sold my turkey gun before last season and I won't be buying another one. Love bow hunting them and have done some video too. My vids are really raw though. Last year I promised that I wouldn't shoot until I had really good footage and had two toms in range but not in the camera frame so did not get a bird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.