Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team 9 - Strut Stoppers

Kansas bow season opens tomorrow and I'll be sitting in a cut corn field that's been known to have a ton of turkeys in it. Unfortunately they are usually henned up like crazy this time of year. We'll see if I can get lucky though!

Finally got an opening day bird. This guy came out of the woods all by himself when all the other gobblers stayed in the woods. Took him 15 minutes to work his way towards me while he was gobbling the whole time.

This is a pic from the video I got of it. I'll attach a better pic shortly and enter him in the scoring thread.

Sweet! Congrats on the opening day bird!
    Proud supporter of the NRA, RMEF, NWTF, and probably some others I can't remember.

Nice work kstate, posted mine up for 65.1875 points. I'll work on a bigger one...Not as big as I thought. It was a rough beard year with the winter we had.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite Energy 32 60#
    Elite Tour 50#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)

Turkey Team 9 Team Strut Stopper

I put him in the scoring thread. 64.25

Nice work guys! Wyo I'd love to get a bird up your way some day, love the tail fan colors.
    Proud supporter of the NRA, RMEF, NWTF, and probably some others I can't remember.

We can get some good colors but I thought that one was a little subdued...here is last years double which I thought had more contrast..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite Energy 32 60#
    Elite Tour 50#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)

Everything looks better when there's two of them!

Great job guys! Very nice birds. Another month until the season opens here

And my score was wrong...Ounces went in as 125 ounces and not .125 ounces. Sorry guys. Correct score was 57 and change...
    Elite Energy 32 60#
    Elite Tour 50#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)

Awesome shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Pa archer68 View Post
    Great job guys! Very nice birds. Another month until the season opens here
    I hear ya there, still a month in ny

Congrats on your birds guys! Way to go! It will be awhile before I get out - need to put my son and wife on some birds first...

On a side note - I called this tom in for my wife last year and it ended up weighing 28lbs 14oz on a certified scale. Once NWTF processes the entry - it will be the heaviest tom ever killed by a WI female hunter.

Hey guys..I recently became pro staff for a small local to me custom call company Turkeyslayer Game Calls. I would like to send you all one of our diaphragm calls to try and see what you think. All I ask is you give me an honest opinion of the call after you have tried it. Here is a pic of the different cuts we offer. PM me your address and which one you want and I will get it sent asap. If you want to check out our other calls/products just search Turkeyslayer Game Calls on Facebook.
    Thanks, Dave

012.jpg

Sweet! Ill send it to you now. I've been using the wood haven calls with good luck but always up to try something new!

Thanks Dave! That is very kind of you. PM sent.

Great job on the birds!!! Congrats on some very fine kills!!
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff, VaporTrail Pro Staff, Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter, Paradigm Archery Pride Staff, Tru Ball Shooting Staff,

Well today was the last day of bird season down here. Unless I get a chance to run north and find a place to go I think that's all she wrote for me.. I got to mow the yard and do stuff around the house today instead of trying to bag another one!

Pa, I got the diaphragm in the mail today. Had a little time to play with it, its sounds great. It hits real high notes very well which seems to work great for me where I hunt around home. They are definitely on track with the woodhavens I've been using. Nice call and thanks again!

Glad to hear buddy and thank you. Anyone else want a free call?
    Turkeyslayer Game Calls Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pa archer68 View Post
    Glad to hear buddy and thank you. Anyone else want a free call?
    Got mine Saturday. Have yet to play around with it yet. Definitely appreciate it, thanks again

Anyone getting out to hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by ishootstuff View Post
    Anyone getting out to hunt?
    Not here yet, did a little scouting this weekend. Things are lookin fairly good. Still waiting on season opener

good luck bud. seasons come and gone here, I have to live through you guys now. Good luck everybody!

Thanks..Taking my son on a youth hunt this Saturday. Our regular season doesn't open until May 3rd here in Pa.
    Turkeyslayer Game Calls Pro Staff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast