Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Team 9 - Strut Stoppers

Killed one Sunday, but it was with a shotgun. I'll be using the bow now..should have used it opening weekend to help the team out. Sorry guys

ByoGoat, I'm on the other side of the state in Pike Co.

Congrats on the guage kill...
    Had my heart broken by a Pikeville girl in college haha...
    Elite Energy 32 60#
    Elite Tour 50#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)

Turkey Team 9 Team Strut Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by KYDEER16 View Post
    Killed one Sunday, but it was with a shotgun. I'll be using the bow now..should have used it opening weekend to help the team out. Sorry guys

ByoGoat, I'm on the other side of the state in Pike Co.
    Congrats on the kill.

Team 1 has us beat when scores update.. Good luck everybody!
    Proud supporter of the NRA, RMEF, NWTF, and probably some others I can't remember.

My little one got r done this morning for Pa's youth hunt with his first bird! He couldn't have been happier and I couldn't have been prouder. We started in the blind this morning and had several birds coming in but never got eyes on them. We started to run and gun at about 8;30 and walked about 3 miles before we had any response to our calls. We got set up and had 2 toms come in on a string. He sat like a trooper and shot like an old pro. The bird was 20 1/2lbs 9 3/16" beard and 7/8" spurs. I'm pretty sure he is hooked!

Turkeyslayer Game Calls Pro Staff

That's awesome congrats! My kids are just starting to take they're first animals. They'll never forget it.
    Proud supporter of the NRA, RMEF, NWTF, and probably some others I can't remember.

Thanks bud..Good luck to you and yours

Any luck so far guys? My last three hunts have yet to hear one., going to try new grounds tomorrow. Had luck in the past there

I killed this one in MN this morning - 20 lbs 2 oz., 3/4 inch spurs and a 8 inch beard. Scored 51.125. I have a couple more tags left for WI so hopefully I'll kill a bigger one. It was a fun filled week turkey hunting with my family - my son and my wife also killed.

Big congrats to your son PA archer68! The smile speaks a thousand words!

Thanks Grifter. Congrats to you and your family also. Truly awesome experience when your kids connect. I will take that over getting one myself every time.

I got one yesterday around 10:30 while walking along a small ridge that runs along a valley bottom behind my house. I would stop about every 75 yrds and call, the third time I got a response from the corn fields above me. I called again and he was coming! I ducked behind a fallen tree, got an arrow nocked, and grabbed my release. I was about to get my phone out and lay it on the tree when I saw him coming down the hill. He came to the bottom and stepped behind a big tree inside 20yrds so I drew. He stood there behind the tree looking around for about 20 sec. so I gave him 2 puts and he stepped out. I fired, he flopped just enough to get himself into the creek and he expired. Damn thing must have weighed 40lb and got me soaked on the way out but it was worth it. My first with a bow not using a blind.

Congrats guys, nice birds! I haven't arrowed one without a blind yet but I can't wait to get the chance to try.

Nice shooting guys. No luck here in new York. But keeping on it. Back out in the am.

Congrats Dave on your bird! I've killed many with my bow but never without using a blind. I need to be more open minded about it. I hunted yesterday with a buddy of mine in WI. We had our bows in the morning but then he wanted to do some runnin' and gunnin'. So about 3pm, we located to a new farm at 3pm, got out of the truck, heard 2 gobbles as we were loading our guns and 20 min later we shot this double. I still have another tag left so back out comes the bow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234