Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team 11 -

When does everyone's season start

Fever River Archery
    Xpedition Archery Dealer
    Like us on Facebook (lots of giveaways) Fever River Archery, southwest Wisconsin

I'm hunting in both Kansas and Missouri this year. Kansas starts April 1st. Missouri starts April 27th
    Mathews Z7 #68 at 28 inches, QAD HDX, Axion 3 pin, Trophy ridge Static stabilizer, Mathews T5 quiver, and Goldtip XT Hunter 75/95 with Grim reaper hybrids and Dirt nap DRTS

Hunting Nebraska, season starts March 25. Gun season starts April 15.
    Carbon Element, Switchback XT

Iowa my kid start April 5, my bow start on April 14

I know I said I didn't care but I guess I like Beard Busters more then Beak Busters...but either way! We start I think May 5th...haven't really checked yet it is over the counter archery for the last 4 seasons...I have plenty of time lol
    Ryan
    Saratoga Archery Club Member
    2012 Martin Onza

April 23rd is opening day for us in Indiana. Still need to get a blind and get my arrows/broadhead situation lined up.
    2013 Mathews Tactical Creed
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

got a Dbl Bull Dbl Wide last year...that thing is awesome! I also like the primos vision for the windows...I don't like the fabric tho, it shines!
    Ryan
    2012 Martin Onza

Beard Busters
    (2) votes

Will be hunting mostly central Michigan area. Season I choose is the last & longest, May 5th - 31st. I kinda like beard busters better myself.IMG_0015x.jpg This is the double bearded bird I got last year: 1st beard = 11.5 in 2nd beard = 10.25 weight 18.5 lbs shot with crossbow at 15 yds
    Hoyt Maxxis 35
    N.A.P. BloodRunner broadheads
    Carbon Tech Cheetah arrows
    G5 Expert II rest

Nice Bird!
    Ryan
    2012 Martin Onza

My 11 years old son hunt tomorrow morning. We have only 4 hours sleep tonight because I am working and my son have game in church. It is too cold tomorrow 25f at 7:00am in Des Moines Iowa. My son got his first birth 22bl 2 years ago when he was 9. I hope he get one tomorrow because I don't have time much for him.

We are on the board boys! Pics and story later
    Mathews Z7 #68 at 28 inches, QAD HDX, Axion 3 pin, Trophy ridge Static stabilizer, Mathews T5 quiver, and Goldtip XT Hunter 75/95 with Grim reaper hybrids and Dirt nap DRTS

My dad and I doubled this morning is Kansas!

Awesome!! What kind of decoy setup were you using? Need more of the story, looks like a great trip!!

Just bought my blind today. still researching some decoy setups, but I'll be picking some up in the next week or so.
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

I will post a story tomorrow. Using Dave Smith Decoys

Allright! Way to go!
    Hoyt Maxxis 35
    G5 Expert II rest

Target bird

Seeing how the weather's kinda looking more like spring than winter (FINALLY!) I've been seeing more and more birds around. Also better ones than the jakes & 2year olds I thought I'd have to settle for this year until this guy showed up abiut a week ago following the hens and strutting himself crazy! I think this is the #1 bird on my list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hoyt Maxxis 35
    G5 Expert II rest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyts&HD's View Post
    Seeing how the weather's kinda looking more like spring than winter (FINALLY!) I've been seeing more and more birds around. Also better ones than the jakes & 2year olds I thought I'd have to settle for this year until this guy showed up abiut a week ago following the hens and strutting himself crazy! I think this is the #1 bird on my list.
    That is a hell of a nice bird there!! He would be first on my list to.

Went out on Sunday and shot a Jake but I still have two more tags to upgrade on a better bird. Had a few nice birds skirt us. They are not real responsive yet here

Last Saturday when out with my Son, saw 10 hen and 1 year old jacks 15 yards. One Tom 40 yards, when I try moved my hand to put record on my camcorder he disappear.
    My bow season start a week from today.

My arrows and broadheads came in this week. Going to be giving the Magnus Bullheads a shot in a couple weeks. If the weather cooperates, I'm going to try to get out tomorrow and make sure I'm dialed in. Season is still a couple weeks away. Got some cameras out in my area to see whats going on. Going to be checking them soon.
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

OK we need to get a team name on the board as we are the last ones. It looks like the 2 most popular ones are Beak Busters or Beard Busters (with 3 votes) so we need to vote on these or someone come up with another name. Let's get this done!
    Hoyt Maxxis 35
    G5 Expert II rest

I agree. I already voted so I won't vote again.

I think i liked beak busters the first time but i like beard busters better
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

Got my trail cams pulled yesterday. This camera is in the exact spot I am planning on setting up my blind opening morning.

The prairie grass field beyond the driving lane was recently burnt which will be nice as well. Not only do the bird LOVE getting into the field after its been freshly burnt, but the camera is facing West-ish and most of the birds we see in this area tend to come from that direction. With the grass field burnt flat, they should be able to see my decoys from a decent way across the field and hopefully come on in.

Got my Bullheads shooting pretty well and feel good with them out to 30 yards if i do my part with them. Counting down the days...
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

On Friday morning have recorded a nice bird from 150 yards come to my decoy and get close 5 yards to my blind and turn left to other window stay there for 5 minute until I got a phone called from my wife because garage spring broken I need went home to drop kids to school and my wife go to work ( 7:34 am). I waited for bird kick by decoy then I draw my bow but he a little scare my decoy, some how I stupid, I just wait, wait until bird turn to other side of window.
    It hard to find other chance with limit a time to go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast