Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team 11 -

Went out yesterday and saw a few birds. Had 2 Toms walk by me at about 30 yards, but I just didnt feel right about the shot super early in the morning. I moved my blind a bit for Saturday morning's hunt. Looking forward to getting back out there.
    2013 Mathews Tactical Creed
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

My season started this morning with 38 degrees and rain. I went out and drove around this morning and saw a few birds in the grassy areas. I will be going out after work tonight and setting the blind and doing some scouting. Good luck to everyone!
    Ryan
    Saratoga Archery Club Member
    2012 Martin Onza

Got out last night and set my blind in my spot. The birds were already gobbling this morning at 530! I was already set up and waiting. I got these 3 little guys to come in with 6 hens. Closest they were was 10 feet from the blind. It was awesome! I passed on them...even tho I said I wasn't going to, but oh well! I had a big Tom come out on the field and cut across to the NW without even thinking about coming over by the 9 other birds around me. I had 4 hens IN the decoys when he saw them and he still wouldn't come for some fun! I had to pack it in at 930, but I will be out till at least noon on Saturday! I have lots of time!
    Ryan
    2012 Martin Onza

Maybe it's just me but the strutter in the picture looks like he has a good spur on 1 leg and a broken one on the other?
    Mathews Z7 #68 at 28 inches, QAD HDX, Axion 3 pin, Trophy ridge Static stabilizer, Mathews T5 quiver, and Goldtip XT Hunter 75/95 with Grim reaper hybrids and Dirt nap DRTS

I have no luck yet. I didn't have time last weekend. I try go out this week

Yeah I guess I never paid attention to the spurs. I had them up again this morning and also had some behind me gobbling as well. I will be out again in the morning. Hope i nice one comes in, it was very hard for me to pass up that Jake for the 4th time!
    Ryan
    2012 Martin Onza

Well, my season came to a close yesterday and I'm still empty handed. I saw quite a few birds the last couple weeks, just couldn't get them in where I needed them. Maybe next year...
    2013 Mathews Tactical Creed
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

Sorry to hear you didn't connect cs...I have been having the same time as you

I was out this morning again and the Toms were gobbling everywhere. Had a hen with 2 Toms come out on the field at 9am. Actually only one of the Toms actually left the woods and he was huge! He came out approximately 15yds and strutted and gobbled his head off trying to get my hen to leave my Jake. He finally went back the way he came and gobbled for at least a 1/2 hour as he went away. Needless to say I moved my blind again for Friday and instead of setting it up I am going to wait for them to start gobbling in the morning and high tail it in to the big block of woods and try to get in as close as I can and set my blind and my DSD's. I will definately be in the woods from now on. They just don't want to come out in the open! Unless it is raining then I will be back on the field edge again.
    Ryan
    2012 Martin Onza

oh and btw I have passed up those Jakes 6 times now...not sure if I will let the 7th go lol
    Ryan
    2012 Martin Onza

Well after an exciting end to my turkey season here in Ohio I still walked away with nothing. Had some hens come in about 6 this evening at about 200 yards, after being in the field for an hour here came three toms near the hens. Well they all worked there way finally to 70 yards by 730. Then finally a Tom broke from the group and came to my calls and decoys. This was the closest I've ever had a turkey to me at 15 yards. As I drew back a coyote came out from almost right behind my blind. The Tom flew up to the tree above and the coyote went after the rest of the turkeys. The turkeys went running/flying across the field an into the trees. The coyote then just kept going into the woods. So after calming down I was hoping to get the Tom above me to come back down and nothing so still spooked I cut my loses at 815 and walked out of the woods. Sorry I couldn't help out the points, but good luck to everyone who still had time left.
    Hoyt Powerhawk 28.5" 60# cm bowstring nap quicktune apex 4 pin tundra st epic 400s
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo 28.5" 60# ripcord sos extreme archery products exr easton axis 400s & lightspeed 3d 400s
    BLACKOUT HUNTING
    "Hit Em' So Hard They BLACKOUT!!"

I close turkey season with empty, but I got about 40lb morel mushroom.
    I still have fun without turkey. I don't know why I didn't make a shoot when Tom come close in 5 yards. Good luck all next season

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123