Archery Talk Forum banner

Team 11 -

4K views 60 replies 11 participants last post by  Lovehunt11 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Here is your team for the 9th Annual Archerytalk Turkey Contest! Please begin by signing in and having 1 member send a PM to each of the remaining members advising them of what team they are on with a link to this thread. Use this thread for discussion purposes including posting trail camera pictures, discussing tactics, etc. Discuss among yourselves a team name and have your team come to a majority. Once a team name is chosen, have one of your teammates post it in the Team Name Registration thread. Please keep your team in the loop as the season goes on. Hunt smart and have a safe and successful season! Good luck to each and every one of you!

bigkuntry72
cschwanz
FrArchery
GoldtipXT
Hoyts&HD's
hunter97
Lovehunt11
marshgunner
Newdiggings
slayer73

#7 ·
Checking in from Ohio hopping to bag my first turkey this year, sick of tag soup for the past three years!!

#8 ·
Whats up everybody! I like Beak Busters for a name.

Checking in from Indiana. Real name is Corey. This will be my first year turkey hunting with a bow. I'm sure ill be looking for plenty of advice from you guys over the next couple weeks :)

#12 ·
Checking in from Missouri! I'm only 16 but have killed 3 birds with a bow the past 2 years and 10 with a gun. Hopefully will stick a few different birds this year. Beak busters is a good name. Or beard busters

#14 ·
So who is using what for broad heads this year? This is my first year turkey hunting with a bow and I was thinking of trying the Magnus Bullheads out. I shoot Rage Hypos for deer and might take a couple of those in my quiver as well in case I don't get the up close head/neck shot I'm hoping for with the Magnus. Whats the head of choice for the rest of us?

#20 ·
I will be using Rage 2 blade Chisel Tips. Same as my deer setup. I used to use Bullhead 125grn. I had a bird at about 5yds and when I released I caught the lower edge of the opening on my blind and it sounded like a shotgun going off with carbon arrow and **** flying all over the place. My blind was torn wide open from the window all the way to the ground. What a mess! I figured I only hit the blind by maybe 1/4". The tom was unscathed! Man was it cool tho lol

#27 ·
I'm hunting in both Kansas and Missouri this year. Kansas starts April 1st. Missouri starts April 27th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.