Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathews Creed or Chill r?

Mathews Creed or Chill r?

I am going to get a new Mathews bow soon. I am just curious what everyone likes the best. I am either going to get the Chill R, Or the Creed. I am not getting the Creed xs as it has to short of a axel to axel hight. And I want good stability, because i am a tall guy.
    Let me know what you like the best, and your reasons!
    thank!

The creed didn't impress me much wasn't a fan of the draw cycle. Between the two I prefers the chill r. I felt the draw was smoother and felt better at the shot.

Just the opposite here. I just had surgery and the Creed is very smooth to me. Not saying the Chill R was not but my $$ went to new Creed and so far so good.

Shoot both. I shot a ton of bows and ended up with the Chill R because it fit me best. I liked the longer length over the Creed XS. I did really like the Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo but didn't think it was $500 better than the Chill R. Very happy with my bow.
    2014 Chill R 62# 29" DL

Ya, The xs is going to be way to small for me. I want to shoot the Creed, and the Chill R, I am leaning toward the Chill R, But am going to have to shoot them for myself.

I liked the chill-r and even the chill over the creed. They are all nice bows all depends on what you like. I like the monster line up. Wont own a chill or chill-r just not into the dyad cams vs the mr monster cams.

I own both bows and have different applications for them. The ChillR is a ultra fast bow even at the 60#/28"dl I have it at( field and 3DAAA). It is way smother in the draw cycle then last years Chill, way smother then the Creed xs. that being said My Creed 70# 28"dl is my hunting rig and what I like to call my "dessert bow!" Smooth all the way through the draw from start to finish,nice wall and dead in the hand. Your also getting good speed from a solo cam. The Creed is the bow I can't get enough of!
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”― Benjamin Franklin

Both are good and both need to be shot before you make up your mind. People will like small things about different bows based on personal preference. I shot the original Chill and the Creed last year and bought the Creed. Have not played with the new ChillRs yet.
    2013 Mathews Tactical Creed
    Mathews Ultra Rest
    HHA XL-5519
    K-tech Tech5

I just order a chill r last week . I shot a lot of bows over a the last two months. for me the chill r was best shooting bow. Also liked the creed and elite 35, chill r just seemed better for me. When there is a better bow made Mathews will make it.

the chill r is a great shooting bow, creed is nice but you still have a smooth draw with more speed on the Chill R

I love my Creed and have since they came out last year. That said,I bought a chill R and can't seem to put it down. It is as smooth or smoother than the Creed and an honest 20 fps faster
    2014 black Mathews Chill R 29.5/70

The Chill R, looks sweet, if it shoots half as good as it looks, Man am i going to be excited haha!

What do you guys think of the Monster Safari? That thing has some serious speed!

I have both a Creed and Chillr. 28.5 x 70 lbs. creed and 28.5 x 64 lbs. chillr. Creed is my back up, but only because the chillr is new and we're still on our honeymoon. Either one is sweet for it's own reasons. If I were buying only one today; I'd go with the chillr because of it's longer a2a/string angle, it's quieter (IMHO), faster at a lower draw weight. That said, unless Mathews produces a longer a2a Creed, it'll be with me for the long haul like my Drenalin should have been.
    chop wood, carry water.

Just curious whether anyone has removed the grip on a Chill-R?
    If so, what does it look like, how does it feel, and how does it shoot?

Any pic's would be great!
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    My limbs are just fine.... Unlike the '02 TomKat that "detonated" (limbs failed twice) many years ago!

without the grip the riser is just squared off, not reasonable to think anyone would shoot it without some kind of wrap

Quote Originally Posted by tmf View Post
    without the grip the riser is just squared off, not reasonable to think anyone would shoot it without some kind of wrap
    How about side plates? (Anything out there that works well on this bow? (I'm assuming the answer to that is no, given the squared off grip.)
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    My limbs are just fine.... Unlike the '02 TomKat that "detonated" (limbs failed twice) many years ago!

I own both currently.

Creed. My go to hunting bow. Tree stand and blind use. Compact, quiet, and deadly accurate to 60 yds. I absolutely love the factory wood grip and wall. I have one con. If I don't concentrate on holding into the wall it will take off on me. .380 gr arrow at about 285fps.

ChillR. My long range bow. Stalking. Again quiet and deadly accurate. I can fire accurate groups to 100 yds. The valley is longer than the creed. The wall is also softer but is easy to transition from one bow to the other. No cons. Same .380 gr arrow shoots 309fps.

I say buy both if possible.

Edit. I wanted to add that both bows are dead in hand after the shot.
    2013 Mathews Creed 28.5/67lb
    2014 Mathews Chill R 28.5/67lb

I think its personal opinion. I have a Creed, and replaced the grip with a focus grip and it shoots excellent. The CHillR is an excellent bow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDroptines View Post
    What do you guys think of the Monster Safari? That thing has some serious speed!
    The safari pulls smooth to me. I had it at 85lbs and a mr5 at 82lbs the safari pulled smooth even though the cams are the same minus the actual look. But they are pricey I think if you can pick one up used would be the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by duckmaster46975 View Post
    I love my Creed and have since they came out last year. That said,I bought a chill R and can't seem to put it down. It is as smooth or smoother than the Creed and an honest 20 fps faster
    This has been my experience as well. Tested both. To me the Creed is just a outdated bow. It was great in its day and is still a great bow but its just over shadowed but some BETTER bows. The ChillR will likley be my next Purchase. Still comparing the Chill R next the Bowtech Experince. Struggling with my choice.

I went and shot the Creed xs, the Creed, and the Chill R today, I definitly liked the Chill R the best, fit be good, dead in hand, no vibration, and fast. So that is what I will be getting

Quote Originally Posted by BTDroptines View Post
    I went and shot the Creed xs, the Creed, and the Chill R today, I definitly liked the Chill R the best, fit be good, dead in hand, no vibration, and fast. So that is what I will be getting
    Good choice they are great bows.

Both are good but liked the Chill-R better.
    In Him,
    WaipioPastor

Quote Originally Posted by BTcarbonknight View Post
    This has been my experience as well. Tested both. To me the Creed is just a outdated bow. It was great in its day and is still a great bow but its just over shadowed but some BETTER bows. The ChillR will likley be my next Purchase. Still comparing the Chill R next the Bowtech Experince. Struggling with my choice.

Creed is just outdated...lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast