Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the Missing 777 Plane?

Where is the Missing 777 Plane?

Has there been any news on the missing 777 with 239 people. It has been 3 days.

I started Archery History and Archery Talk to give archers a good true source of information, to have archers ask and answer questions and solve problems, and to see many of the bows and ideas from the past. It is also a way for me to give back the sport.
    Archers Helping Archers. Most important - Enjoy shooting and have fun.

Please join my thread here as no one else seems to want to talk about it! http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2207680

I don't think they have any information yet. They were investigating some oil slicks, but that turned out to be unrelated.

Maybe it didn't crash. No ACARS messages that are automatically sent back to maintenance, no transponder signals. shut all that stuff down,dive to just above terrain and head for Iran. There is a 747 tanker used for fires that has proven to fly Knap of the earth.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects

As it is said in Lindy Wisdom's verse: "There ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."

Charter Member: NCWID
    NAASP

There is still no news. They are searching a large area. It may never be found
    I started Archery History and Archery Talk to give archers a good true source of information, to have archers ask and answer questions and solve problems, and to see many of the bows and ideas from the past. It is also a way for me to give back the sport.
    Archers Helping Archers. Most important - Enjoy shooting and have fun.

pac man

aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon arrow1 View Post
    aliens.
    That is honestly the first thing that popped in my mind. great minds think alike I guess.
    MATHEWS HELIM

KTM 250 XC

It is truly a baffling story. It's actually the very first thing I looked at this morning when I awoke. My personal thinking at this point is that they somehow disable the tracking devices of the plane and either hijacked it, taking it to another location, or crashed it further out at see. One report mentioned that the plane "may have started to turn around"; I'm thinking that could indicate that someone changed the course of the plane to take it somewhere else.

At this point it sounds like it's anyone's guess.

Lost, anyone?

Lost-TV-Show.jpg
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

Well I'll just jump into this thread instead of my own lame one haha.

I am thinking explosion is most likely scenario, especially with the recent concern with the shoe bomber guy becoming active again.

Hijacking the plane and actually bringing somewhere seems a bit to hollywood to me, but who knows?

I can pull my thumb in half ..

on a side note , I was surfing The North Shore , went for a ride , came across a very creepy un marked plane that had crash landed , luggage was everywhere , newspapers , it was crazy , I was lost

Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post

I am thinking explosion is most likely scenario, especially with the recent concern with the shoe bomber guy becoming active again.

Hijacking the plane and actually bringing somewhere seems a bit to hollywood to me, but who knows?
    yes a shoe bomb can take a plane off the ra.../..,;.,;''

They've had three days of searching the trajectory of the plane and no debris field has been found. Not that your theory isn't possible, but it's looking increasingly unlikely, IMO. China has reportedly diverted 10 satellites to the search. I'm sure we've got our own in the mix as well. It would have to be an unbelievably powerful explosion to leave virtually no traceable debris field.
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

Quote Originally Posted by Indychris View Post
    They've had three days of searching the trajectory of the plane and no debris field has been found. Not that your theory isn't possible, but it's looking increasingly unlikely, IMO. China has reportedly diverted 10 satellites to the search. I'm sure we've got our own in the mix as well. It would have to be an unbelievably powerful explosion to leave virtually no traceable debris field.
    It's taken a long time to find planes in the past, and they weren't in tiny pieces. If they don't even know where it went down exactly, the field of search is enormous and gets bigger every day from ocean currents.

It's my guess only at this point, might be a long time before we have anything more than a guess.

My biggest reason to doubt a terrorist explosion is the fact no one has taken credit for it yet.

.=a plane in an ocean X 100,000

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects

As it is said in Lindy Wisdom's verse: "There ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."

NAASP

The 2 guys on stolen passports appear not to be linked to terrorism...they were on their way to Europe, one to visit his mother. It seemed that at least the younger one was seeking amnesty.

I guess that doesn't mean there wasn't another terrorist on the plane.

And yeah, the reports of cell phones working and fisherman seeing a low flying plane are crazy. The search has now moved 100 miles from last signal, so they must think that someone turned off the radar signal on purpose and then kept flying the plane.

The 2 guys on stolen passports appear not to be linked to terrorism...they were on their way to Europe, one to visit his mother. It seemed that at least the younger one was seeking amnesty.

I guess that doesn't mean there wasn't another terrorist on the plane.

And yeah, the reports of cell phones working and fisherman seeing a low flying plane are crazy. The search has now moved 100 miles from last signal, so they must think that someone turned off the radar signal on purpose and then kept flying the plane.
    If the plane was suffering from a system problem prior to turning west, the ACARS system would have communicated system status back to the maintenance control of the airline. Since there weren't any either the system was disabled, the transponder turned off and the plane was flying below the radar. You don't turn off the radar signal from the plane, you can only evade the radar

NAASP

First time I even heard about this..... Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing yet

Yeah, I did hear this morning that they are not considering the passport guy a threat. That's a good thing, sort of. Sucks that he was finally heading towards freedom when they disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    Yeah, I did hear this morning that they are not considering the passport guy a threat. That's a good thing, sort of. Sucks that he was finally heading towards freedom when they disappeared.
    IF you believe he is innocent----kind of early for that

NAASP

Quote Originally Posted by ELKARCHER View Post
    IF you believe he is innocent----kind of early for that
    It sounds like they did a fair amount of investigation on the guy, as that may have been the first lead they got.

Yes, anything could be found out at this point... or nothing. But without reason to think he may be guilty of something, I'd prefer not passing sentence on him.

Sounds like a hijacking to me with the hijackers taking the plane below radar and flying NOE. Only other explanation is that the plane descended and was off radar flying much farther off course than the rescuers are concentrating on. It could have flown several hundred miles off course below radar throwing the searchers off. Needle in a haystack scenario at this point.

There are lots of Islamic Jihadists in Malaysia which is why I am subscribing to the hijacking or terrorism angle more than any other explanation.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

It took five days to find flight 447

The reason I find it hard to buy into the terrorist thing is... Its not terrorism if no one knows about it. Terrorists always take the credit.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast