Thread: Keep 2011 Pit Viper or ......

Keep 2011 Pit Viper or ......

Hi All,

I am currently shooting a 2011 Pit Viper and I love the bow. When I initially purchased it I was just getting back into shooting and was hoping I would have time to head out hunting. After two years I have not been able to make time for this and spend most of my time punching paper at the local range and participating in their 3D shoots.

I have had my eyes on a M34 or Viper X7 due to the longer ATA and the bow is still short enough to take hunting if the time presents itself.

My question is do you think I would notice that much of a difference switching to a longer ATA bow like the M34 or X7?

I wish I could have both but you know how that goes.

Appreciate your help!

Dan

I believe the Pit Viper was 33"AtA,Ishoot the M34 and love it,It's been probably there best seller so far this year.I use mine for 3D and hunting don"t need another bow,I would chose the M34 over the X7 just because it is better for hunting.Good luck you can't go wrong with either

Pit Viper is 31 1/4 ATA from what I remember so it is on the shorter side of things. I'm 5' 10" and I believe my draw length is 28.5 last I remember. I figured a larger ATA will give me a better string angle. Being a lefty its tough to find either bow to try as we only have one dealer.

That is exactly what I am looking for - a bow that I can use for everything. I like how the backwall and draw is on the pit viper so figured the viper X7 would have a similar feel since it is running the single cam. Never tried the dual cams on APA and wish I could shoot them side by side.

The M34 looks sweet and appreciate your info!

Dan

I thought they have a APA dealer in Winnipeg,check their website it should show where the dealers are.Also they are making 2 single cam bows for Cabelas Canada that should be in their stores now.

If you like the feel of your Pit Viper I would suggest you stick with the Viper X7, it will be most familiar to you and the cam will be very similar to your current set up. I would not worry about the axle length for hunting, I used to hunt with the APA Anaconda, a 39.5" bow and it NEVER caused me an issue. Just remember that most traditional archers are using bows well over 50" and often over 60" in length. Grab the new Viper X7 and have some fun!
    Every man dies,
    not every man really lives.

There is a local dealer in winnipeg, it is actually where I shoot. However being a lefty, thete is no bows for me to try out at the moment. Figured I would ask the forum and see if anyone had any experience with those two bows.

Im leaning more to the X7 because it is the closest to what I am used to but dont want to think im missing out on something better by not trying the M34 being dual cam. Might see if I can get them to bring one in and compare it to what I have now.

Appreciate everyone's help!

Well to be honest I am a dual cam guy, the single cam is great but I love the performance the duallys give me as I am only 27" draw length and the ability to play with all different aspects of cam tuning with the dual cams. However, there is a bit more knowledge required to set them up properly, but hey if I can do it everyone can. It is not rocket science, just have to think about it a bit more and pay attention to what happens when you twist a cable here or twist a yoke there. In my own opinion, there is no other system whether it be a single cam, binary cam, cam and a half or what ever that you the ability to adjust and tune the way a TRUE dual cam system does. Good luck!

Every man dies,
    not every man really lives.