Thread: Xtreme 29.5"DL

Xtreme 29.5"DL

I am heading to pick up an Xtreme tomorrow and am wondering what will be the best way to get it to 29.5" DL. It currently has the #5 mod in it which is supposed to be 28". I will be calling HCA Monday to order mods but was wondering if an HC 29" mod will give me enough if they run long or will I need a 30" mod and set stops short. This is a used bow and not coming from an HC dealer so he is unable to tell me much about what I may need from HC. Any advice will be appreciated.

If you are a 29" Dl . You will want the #5 mod. They measure true draw on the draw, not amo.. SO you add 1inch to that mod draw length to get to the draw length you need. I would leave the #5 mod on it, with a D-loop you can get to 29.5". They make a #6 mod which will get you longer if need be and a #7 mod as well. Both are 1 inch incremements. The extreme doesnt have external stops so you can't adjust any string stops on this bow. They are all build into the module.
    Fever Archery
    HCA Dealer
    Hopkins, MI

#5 is too short for sure, I am a 29.5" DL. I think I will run with the #6 and see what that gives me. I shot this bow last weekend and was impressed at how smooth it is for a speed bow, no hump at all and great valley. I hope HC will sell the modules direct to me and not have to route them through a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by feverarchery View Post
    If you are a 29" Dl . You will want the #5 mod. They measure true draw on the draw, not amo.. SO you add 1inch to that mod draw length to get to the draw length you need. I would leave the #5 mod on it, with a D-loop you can get to 29.5". They make a #6 mod which will get you longer if need be and a #7 mod as well. Both are 1 inch incremements. The extreme doesnt have external stops so you can't adjust any string stops on this bow. They are all build into the module.
    Really? No one ever told me that about adding an inch? Nathan never mentioned that to me either? I'm a 29” and ordered my Extreme as so...it came with #5s, but was too short and HCA sent me #6s...and the fit is better. Oddly, my Axis shipped with #4s and I was sent #6s...which felt way too long and I swapped them for the #5s that came on my X. I plan to measure the true draw to verify both DLs. Was told both bows should be this same mod.
    High Country Archery
    '14 X-treme / '14 Axis / '09 Speed Pro / '08 Carbon Stilleto / '06 Carbon Sidewinder / '01 Carbon 4-Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Lmbhngr View Post
    Really? No one ever told me that about adding an inch? Nathan never mentioned that to me either? I'm a 29” and ordered my Extreme as so...it came with #5s, but was too short and HCA sent me #6s...and the fit is better. Oddly, my Axis shipped with #4s and I was sent #6s...which felt way too long and I swapped them for the #5s that came on my X. I plan to measure the true draw to verify both DLs. Was told both bows should be this same mod.
    They cant be the same module between the 2 bows for the same draw length. The cams, string and harness are the same. But the brace height is different between the bows. You take a cam/module set up on the extreme. Then put the same set up on the axis. The draw length will be longer on the axis due to the brace height. Every split limb bow comes with a dislcaimer notice piece of paper, or should rather. At the bottom it shows a module chart for the xtreme, axis, and x11 pro. At the very bottom it says all draw lengths are measuted at true draw, not amo
    To get amo take the module draw length on the chart and add 1 inch.
    Fever Archery
    HCA Dealer
    Hopkins, MI

They cant be the same module between the 2 bows for the same draw length. The cams, string and harness are the same. But the brace height is different between the bows. You take a cam/module set up on the extreme. Then put the same set up on the axis. The draw length will be longer on the axis due to the brace height. Every split limb bow comes with a dislcaimer notice piece of paper, or should rather. At the bottom it shows a module chart for the xtreme, axis, and x11 pro. At the very bottom it says all draw lengths are measuted at true draw, not amo
    To get amo take the module draw length on the chart and add 1 inch.
    That was my thought exactly, but was told both bows should have the same mod...#6. It's obvious that's not the case at FD. So...is there a 2 mod difference between the Xtreme and Axis?? Is that why they came with the mods they had installed (mentioned above)?? Unfortunately, I didn't get a disclaimer notice with either bow??? Hmmm...? And like I said previously, Nathan didn't mention it to me and we had a specific conversation around the draw length.
    High Country Archery
    '14 X-treme / '14 Axis / '09 Speed Pro / '08 Carbon Stilleto / '06 Carbon Sidewinder / '01 Carbon 4-Runner

Their website says add 1 3/4" from the throat of the grip to get DL. I have to call back to the shop tomorrow, he does have the #6 mods but could not find them yesterday, his help put them up and he couldn't remember where. I will put them in and shoot it before the trade is done. With that #5 mod the bow grabbed me a couple times and tried to let down but I was able to catch it. Also has a rattle in the top limb pocket if the limb bolts are not completely tight and I will not be shooting it on 73#. May press it to find rattle and see if it is an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmbhngr View Post
    That was my thought exactly, but was told both bows should have the same mod...#6. It's obvious that's not the case at FD. So...is there a 2 mod difference between the Xtreme and Axis?? Is that why they came with the mods they had installed (mentioned above)?? Unfortunately, I didn't get a disclaimer notice with either bow??? Hmmm...? And like I said previously, Nathan didn't mention it to me and we had a specific conversation around the draw length.
    I understand. No there is only 1 module difference between the two bows. the axis is 1 module down in comparison to the xtreme. If you take out the human factor is drawing the bow back. Too often i find; i have an individual that says hes "X" draw length. I measure him according to AMO standards. ( Spread eagle divide total arm span by 2.5) Then that's the draw length # according to numbers he/she should be. Lets say for this example they come in and customer says hes a 30 inch draw. His last bow was at 30 inches, hes always shot the bows at 30 inch draw. I give him a 29 inch draw. He draws it back, looks good the way he is holding it. String isnt back on his ear ( exaggeration). But looks to be a good fit draw length wise. However most of the time, He will say no its not comfortable and want the bow changed to a 30 inch draw. or the next step up. Ill change the module out, he will draw it back. You can clearly tell the string is way further back on his face and anchor points than what i would recommend, but he wants that draw length due to it being more comfortable/ he used to that length. Again these are my experiences. If you take the xtreme. Put the #5 on it (29 inch draw mod). Put it in a draw board. Measure from the deepest part of the handle to the string at full draw, it will measure 28 inches. If you do that with the axis with the #4 mod ( 29 inch draw mod) you will get 28 inches. If you put the #5 mod on the axis you will get 29 inches measured at full draw from the deepest part of the groove to the string. Which if you go by the chart.. that's 30 inch draw AMO. I can email you the disclaimer if you want. I would post it on here as a picture but it will be hard to read. PM me your email address and i can send it to you. Again this is my findings, Some people that were willing to change draw lengths that i recommended they be at, came back at some point and said they were shooting better and more consistent at that shorter draw length of what they were used to. Instead of having their holding arm at full extended lock with too long of a draw length, they take it down a little bit so they get that little bend in their arm. They were shooting better. Just took some getting used to. Its hard sometimes because everybody is built differently. one guy might shoot better with a draw that's too long for him mathematically vs a shorter draw. Human factor i guess? lol.
    Fever Archery
    HCA Dealer
    Hopkins, MI

So you are saying the #5 is actually a 29" mod? The guy that had this bow had the bow sent to him and it had a #6 in it and the sticker says 29" so he ordered a #5 for his 28" draw.

Quote Originally Posted by redcarpet View Post
    So you are saying the #5 is actually a 29" mod? The guy that had this bow had the bow sent to him and it had a #6 in it and the sticker says 29" so he ordered a #5 for his 28" draw.
    the #5 mod for the xtreme is 28" Actual draw. If you measure from the deepest part of the groove to the string at full draw it will be 28". So you add the 1" to it to get the 29" AMO draw length. Little confusing i know.
    Fever Archery
    HCA Dealer
    Hopkins, MI

20140316_122035.jpg
    Here is the bottom of the statement.. i can email it to you if you wish also. This is direct from HCA.
    Fever Archery
    HCA Dealer
    Hopkins, MI

the #5 mod for the xtreme is 28" Actual draw. If you measure from the deepest part of the groove to the string at full draw it will be 28". So you add the 1" to it to get the 29" AMO draw length. Little confusing i know.
    No I get what you are saying with adding the inch.

20140316_122035.jpg
    Here is the bottom of the statement.. i can email it to you if you wish also. This is direct from HCA.
    Yeah, I don't remember seeing that. PM'd you...
    High Country Archery

Picked it up tonight and really liking this thing after only 30 shots or so. It has already shot a few X's on the 5 spot. Hoping to show em up on the foam in a couple weeks. Trying the #5's to see how I shoot them and may not even end up with the 6's. It has tried to grab me a couple of times so I am thinking it is just a touch short which twist in the cables may take care of. Will post pics later or tomorrow.